Player Watch #41: Mabior Chol - FA to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we can nominate one rookie prior to round 1 to be a member of the senior list for the entire 2016 season. You'd have to think Castagna or Short would be the front runners for this spot.

Yes, he is already on the senior list now, no need for elevation.
Roger that. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks Flea - And thats exactly how it was meant until 1 fool cant read and comments trying to sensationalize with a 'Racism' comment
I wouldn't go that far, but I notice it happens all the time these days, when someone completely misunderstands a comment. Not a big deal tho, so I wouldn't call him a fool either.:thumbsu:

If he does make it will be interesting to see in what position. Maybe a Bliscavs type role

That would be Awesome, I would love it, he'd be the steel of the draft. #NoPressure;)

Yes, we can nominate one rookie prior to round 1 to be a member of the senior list for the entire 2016 season. You'd have to think Castagna or Short would be the front runners for this spot.

Yes, he is already on the senior list now, no need for elevation.
for mine Marcon or Castagna would be the fave, perhaps Marcon just in front. as for Chol it will be great watching him develope, already has some very good traits. a lot to work with

for mine Marcon or Castagna would be the fave, perhaps Marcon just in front. as for Chol it will be great watching him develope, already has some very good traits. a lot to work with
I think even Lambert will struggle to get into the starting 22 if everyone is fit, with Townsend & Moore added to the list Marcon is behind a few. Castagna was elevated late this year so they clearly see something in him, the only reason I also said Short is that we have the need for a small forward and I don't think Rioli will be ready straight away. Maybe Butler will be in front of him too, but there isn't as much depth there.

I think even Lambert will struggle to get into the starting 22 if everyone is fit, with Townsend & Moore added to the list Marcon is behind a few. Castagna was elevated late this year so they clearly see something in him, the only reason I also said Short is that we have the need for a small forward and I don't think Rioli will be ready straight away. Maybe Butler will be in front of him too, but there isn't as much depth there.
Castagna didn't remain on sen list, is back on rookie
I see townso, Moore, Castagna at about same level , behind that group drummo and marcon . They ll all get a chance pre season , will be exciting to see who stands up,,,,,really hope Castagna continues on upward curve , kid plays with real Aggots, to step in the hole in first senior practice game says something , has the courage to tuck under the arm and have a dash, just needs to polish some rough edges and we have a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Castagna didn't remain on sen list, is back on rookie
I see townso, Moore, Castagna at about same level , behind that group drummo and marcon . They ll all get a chance pre season , will be exciting to see who stands up,,,,,really hope Castagna continues on upward curve , kid plays with real Aggots, to step in the hole in first senior practice game says something , has the courage to tuck under the arm and have a dash, just needs to polish some rough edges and we have a player
I'm aware that he didn't stay on the senior list, I'm saying that because he was elevated this year it means the coaches must have been happy with what he was doing so is probably a front runner for the nominated rookie position in 2016.

This kids has a great kicking style guides the ball right onto the foot which is a good effort at 200cm.
footage of him next to McBean, made the Bean look huge .
Hope the big guy can settle well and doesn't miss his family too much, he's going to be a long term project.
I noticed this too. Is his recruitment somehow a conspiracy involving McBean?

He moves like a footballer - not at all like a novelty project player.
He talks like a thoughtful respectful young man - not at all like a kid that expects it to come easy.
How the hell did he slip all that way we will never know but wow... We might be witnessing the first steps of a really epic story. Very excited.
So many footballers today are entitled products of private schools (though I loved you really Jacko :)). Love to see the occasional recruit with a background of having it tough - like Brando for instance.

re rookie upgrade
Any idea how quick Marcon is ? maybe a similar type to Lambert, if so do we need 2 of that type?
If however he can bring some zip, goal kicking ability and defensive pressure to the forward line then different story

Re Chol, can't wait to get along to the VFL to watch him.

re rookie upgrade
Any idea how quick Marcon is ? maybe a similar type to Lambert, if so do we need 2 of that type?
If however he can bring some zip, goal kicking ability and defensive pressure to the forward line then different story

Re Chol, can't wait to get along to the VFL to watch him.
don't know too much about him, just heard he's Lambert Mk II. gave up on reading his thread as all ppl had to add was that they were mates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back