Player Watch #41: Mabior Chol - FA to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

He is the opposite to Mcbean and Elton who are tall and athletic but are seriously deficient at marking.

Elton has plenty of deficiencies but he's actually got a good set of hands on him. Seen him take some really nice contested marks at VFL level.

nothing like daw, where he is robotic, mabs is like a panther and shows great awareness which is generally the Achilles for newbies to the game. also note he has been playing since he was a kid, in Aus since 8yo not 18. love what I see , cant wait to see him at vfl

Agree completely.Been playing since Mosquito Fleet makes a difference.You can see he has the basic skill set required to play In higher leagues.Fingers crossed for the kid - I like what I see!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

always happy to help ;););)
Embarrassingly enough I was always keen on getting Majak bc I went to Coburg on a weekday to watch him play in some U18 game where he dominated, but this MC guy looked very good and could fulfil my long lost dreams for a new cult figure.
Very impressive and looked like he belonged. Still raw, but s hell of a lot to work with

Embarrassingly enough I was always keen on getting Majak bc I went to Coburg on a weekday to watch him play in some U18 game where he dominated, but this MC guy looked very good and could fulfil my long lost dreams for a new cult figure.
Very impressive and looked like he belonged. Still raw, but s hell of a lot to work with
yeah, his skills are very clean as others have said on here, so much so the commentators picked up on it....much more natural footballer than Majak which is a great thing for us and there's so much upside for him....once he puts on a bit of muscle so that he can hold his ground and compete effectively he's going to do great things with us.....i am officially excited :D

Loved his first five minutes when the heat was on.

He is a bloke that will benefit from decent service, not too many backs will stick with him on the lead, just needs a hint of advantage and he will gobble it up.

Probably needs to work with a genuine leading forward to time his leads, routine left it too late. He was asking for 55 metre outlet kicks from his mids who were already under pressure, probably needs to go a little earlier and bring himself into the game.

Added bonus of going earlier rather than later is his pace/agility will let him beat his opponent back to goal.

Very very happy for Chol. We cannot get every QLD player in a draft but I hope he makes it and becomes a absolute gun for your club. Also hope he stays a one club player (getting sick of this home sickness crap)
This might be one of the few times homesickness actually benefits your club, hopefully doesn't come to that though.

Great hands and leap. Needs to get on his bike more and move at the ball carrier, he'd be almost unstoppable on the lead. To be fair though, our ball movement and delivery was pretty atrocious, and he was probably struggling for fitness, making it hard to get in some good leads. Definitely a good prospect though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back