VFL Past #75: Kurt Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

Many of us rely on VFL reports. For a bloke most of us have not heard much about let alone seen play live, we're not likely to jump on 2nd hand information immediately, no matter how accurate the 2nd hand info may be.

Now that the same story has been repeated I think we're beyond warming to the idea he could add value, we need that sort of intensity.

To the question I asked a couple of days ago, does he have any instincts as a forward?

He seems a smoother moving version of Ben Howlett without that real inside bull at a gate grunt. He hasn't really played as a true forward. Goes to the bench when he rests however, he is one of our better users of the ball and his delivery to our forwards is top quality. Will kick it to the advantage of our forwards and weights them well.

I really hope my boy can get a game this week after weeks of strong showings

Many of us rely on VFL reports. For a bloke most of us have not heard much about let alone seen play live, we're not likely to jump on 2nd hand information immediately, no matter how accurate the 2nd hand info may be.

Now that the same story has been repeated I think we're beyond warming to the idea he could add value, we need that sort of intensity.

Absolutely.

Plus, given he hasn't been close to selection yet, I daresay that the people who count (i.e. the people who see him week in, week out) aren't actually "miles behind" but probably anyone who thinks that is taking a punt on a kid rather than bang on the money.

I rated Kurt Aylett before I'd even heard of him.
jmerret_zps6c34481c.gif

You know what - if Aylett turns out to be a player, that would be the most delightful * you to the afl and the foamers - without our draft penalties we wouldn't have improvised the way we did for the Edwards/Aylett trade. Delicious

Steak Knives gets a gig.. couldn't be happier.

Absolute machine inside with smooth skills.. hope the conditions are favourable and we get to see his best.

V V Excited!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i've heard is Shaun Edwards wanted Kurt to come with him and would only leave together such was the bond they'd built up at GWS.
If Aylett turns out to be a gem, it will make that story even more astonishing, given that he was just "thrown in" to get the deal done. Talk about a sweetener!

If Aylett turns out to be a gem, it will make that story even more astonishing, given that he was just "thrown in" with the deal.

You want to hear a really astonishing story?

Aylett is actually from NSW (zoned if memory serves me correctly) and was selected by the Giants. After a knee injury holted his 2012 Aylett hadn't had a chance to reach the lofty heights of his 2011 where he played 20 largely influential matches for the Giants in the NEAFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back