Weight 83kg
DOB 17-09-1995
Debut -

Player honours:

Draft History: 2013 AFL Rookie Draft Pick 22

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/rowen-powell

The inside word
A tall versatile defender who can play both deep and high in defence. He is very consistent, good overhead, and very good one on one. Powell can run off his opponent as well and has shown reasonable endurance. Reads the play well and shows not only the ability to win the ball back, but also to run to space and create counter attack. He averaged 13 disposals on his way to playing in a Claremont colts premiership this year.

POWELL-Rowen.png
A tall versatile defender who can play both deep and high in defence. He is very consistent, good overhead, and very good one on one. Powell can run off his opponent as well and has shown reasonable endurance. Reads the play well and shows not only the ability to win the ball back, but also to run to space and create counter attack. He averaged 13 disposals on his way to playing in a Claremont colts premiership this year.
Recruiter's comment: “We will be patient with Rowen who is a developing tall player and a young man in whom we see great upside." - Craig Vozzo, football manager

I believe he is in the rehab group after some surgery. Will be interesting to see how he develops In the WAFL this year with the more professional atmosphere.

So no game for Rowen over the weekend, however he is not on the injury list according to the WCE website. I imagine he'll make his way back through the East Perth reserves.

HURRY UP AND PLAY SOME FOOTY ROWEN SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO WRITE ABOUT!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So no game for Rowen over the weekend, however he is not on the injury list according to the WCE website. I imagine he'll make his way back through the East Perth reserves.

HURRY UP AND PLAY SOME FOOTY ROWEN SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO WRITE ABOUT!!!

I think someone said in the WAFL thread that he'd hurt his shoulder or something?
Edit: found it:

Powell had shoulder surgery.

I think someone said in the WAFL thread that he'd hurt his shoulder or something?
Edit: found it:

Thanks for that! He isn't listed on the injury list which is frustrating, no idea where he's at.

WCE forgotten man!

He had surgery a while ago and was also dealing with some pretty major family issues. I'm sure he'll be back playing soon.

I hope so, need something to report on!

First game of the season for old Ropo! Hopefully can stay fit and get some form and fitness under his belt and improve on his first outing.

8 Kicks, 5 Marks and 2 tackles.

'In the reserves, developing key position player Rowen Powell had his first hit-out of the season and had eight kicks and five marks.'

Ropo! Fantastic game on the weekend in the Reserves. One of the best for a badly beaten Royals, provided drive and run off the half back line, even managing to sneak forward and snag a goal. Will be pushing for league selection with a few more performances like this one. Eagles website is lousy with details of this fine young mans performance, so a big BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to them.

Rowen Powell -
D K H M T HO I50 G B
28 23 5 7 0 0 2 1 0

http://www.wafl.com.au/games/view/9826

Would love to see a couple of tackles in there, other than that can't really ask for anything more.

Go Ropo!

Last edited:
The Great Ropo breaking the sound barrier.

Rowen+Powell+70qlLpbKL6Um.jpg

Look at how jealously Dom Sheed looks on as he can only dream of having such a god like build and blistering pace.

Solid game from The Great Ropo on the weekend.

' Powell, who is edging closer to a senior opportunity, gathered 18 touches and five marks.'

Keep going Ropo, greatness awaits!

Not even The Great Ropo, was able to get the East Perth Reserves over the line on the weekend, going down to the Sharks by 4 points. (Yay Sharks!)

Another solid contribution from Ropo in the backline.

12 Kicks
3 Handballs
4 Marks

The West/Worst had this to say about the Great Ones work on the weekend.

'Rowen Powell - Found the ball 15 times in busy reserves effort.'

Will continue to build in the Reserves as he aims to get a couple of league games down the track!

Go Ropo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back