Delisted #44: Fraser Thurlow

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an impressive beast.

Moves well, pretty big leap, nice hands, good at ground level. A lot to like in the game against GC.

Would be happy to give Thurlow a run in the ruck with Ryder playing more forward in the first month of the season.

I wonder if we would still play him when TBC comes back (have to upgrade him off the rookie list tho). With our shortage of height in the fwd line it would be good to compliment Joe/Jake in the forward line with a ruckman permanently forward, whether that be TBC or paddy

I wonder if we would still play him when TBC comes back (have to upgrade him off the rookie list tho). With our shortage of height in the fwd line it would be good to compliment Joe/Jake in the forward line with a ruckman permanently forward, whether that be TBC or paddy
Wheres the damn unlike button again?

Cant see Thurlow, JoeD, Carlisle being too productive when up forward together.

Will be interesting to see if the roos pick Currie. Would mean Currie, Petrie, Black forward for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tagliabue is a better ruck men but Thurlow is A LOT better around the ground. Like A $#*! load better than Sam.
I reckon there's not much in that. At VFL level Tagliabue's tapwork is A-Grade and around the ground is D-Grade, Thurlow is C-Grade at both

Would have thought you had a Shane Mumford type (Thurlow) or a Mark Blake type (Tagliabue)?
I would rather a Mathew Warnock (Tagliabue) than an Angus Graham type (Thurlow)

I would rather a Mathew Warnock (Tagliabue) than an Angus Graham type (Thurlow)

Robbie can't kick though. At AFL level, falls need to be able to play a variety of positions.

In reality, we won't be seeing either of them at AFL level. Would Fraser be genuine delist material?

Robbie can't kick though. At AFL level, falls need to be able to play a variety of positions.

In reality, we won't be seeing either of them at AFL level. Would Fraser be genuine delist material?
I think so. I genuinely think we'd be better off with Tagliabue on our list than Thurlow. I might go in 2 weeks to see how they go together

Ive actually been quietly surprised by Tagliabue. If you weren't aware, he is a NSW born and raised kid who came down last year but a knee injury prior to our listing ruined any chance of him getting games. HAs come back and been impressive with his tap work mostly but I do like his ability to have a second crack when the ball hits the ground.

You guys reckon Tagliabue is better around the ground than Thurlow? Am not watching the same player.
No. I think they're both poor around the ground, just that Tagliabue isn't afraid to throw his weight around. I'd honestly prefer Tagliabue on the list to Thurlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back