Player Watch #47: Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where he would play next year though. I can't imagine anyone could go from never playing to VFL in 9 months. Can't just hide someone that size in the team either.

If only you still had the Coburg alignment and could put him in the VFL reserves. :p;)

Oh Really !!!

Have a look at This Kid Darcy Cameron from last years crop, I really liked him and would have loved to get him with our last selection or even a rookie selection but the kid was overlooked all together (what do i know about footy ehh) He doing a fine job in the Wafl in his 1st year

Been dropped to the reserves the last 4 weeks, he is now 3rd choice behind Mark Seaby and Mitch Andrews.

If only you still had the Coburg alignment and could put him in the VFL reserves. :p;)

Been dropped to the reserves the last 4 weeks, he is now 3rd choice behind Mark Seaby and Mitch Andrews.
PS. Got any more gems we can get from GWS?

Yeah that sounds like our recruiting.......18years old and has not played a game of footy
Yes he has, but his limited experience is why he's a Category B.

No we don't. We have a rookie that has never played a game of football

Rate Collingwood's recruiting? Mason Cox is a guy in the same position only he didn't even know what Australian Rules was a few moths ago becuase he's American. He's reportedly on 150k a year!

Sydney got a Canadian Rugby player Mike Pyke and made him a premiership player.

Hawthorn and North also have international rookies who'd never played the game before. It's just part of leaving no stone unturned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rate Collingwood's recruiting? Mason Cox is a guy in the same position only he didn't even know what Australian Rules was a few moths ago becuase he's American. He's reportedly on 150k a year!

Hawthorn and North also have international rookies who'd never played the game before. It's just part of leaving no stone unturned.

Least he probably grew up having a kick once and a while

We have a few in the Scully mould that shouldn't be on a AFL list , if you have any 5 digit recruiting jobs going for their fathers ?

Where's the whip cracking sound icon when you need it ? :eek:;) ooooooooouchh!!!

Did West Coast do the blindfold thing a few years ago? Some bloke ran into and over a fence? What's the point of the exercise?
I was actually at the training session when it happened (if it only happened once). While easy to poke fun at in isolation, and good fodder for the media and opposition supporters when things aren't going right for us, it was actually quite interesting. A group of players needed to direct their blindfolded team mate via verbal instructions. They were only doing this at walking pace and only from a distance of 30 meters or so. They had to be the first team to direct their team mate to a football (or cone I can't remember) about 30 meters away.

At least as the session i saw, was only done by the injury group too (not the main group). At the time was Petterd, Maric, Jackson and a few others.....

Spot on!

Don't know why people are complaining, there is literally nothing to lose here, he doesn't even really take up a list spot being a Cat B rookie. If it doesn't work then nothing lost if it does then we are laughing.

Good luck Bigger Ivy
And if they are right and he grows a mullet it's just too exciting...seriously...I've got a semi just thinking about it.

I used to get a semi in my 20's. Now im 42 I get mini's now /sighs

When did the thread change to talk about vehicles ? o_O;)

Last edited:
Im very interested in his athletic ability

Sure he is 204cm & 106 kgs and in 2 years will have a body that looks the part BUT
Speed
Tank
Leap
Agility

These are the things that are important atm, But I would still tr==really love a player like Darcy Cameron on the Rookie list also and get rid of that waste of time Hampson and Retire the Big 'O' so we can actually play these guys
There was a post on the website stating he has a great leap too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back