Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Point is it's pointless posting hearsay as truth!
I did say no offence as it wasn't a personal attack, same goes for all the "I was talking to someone who knows" posts.
ok ,but pointless post imo. Now what would you do or say if you were trying to improve a player from being a future Brett Stanton:oops: to a Dangerfield:cool:?
I know what any caring father would say and it wouldn't be half the dribble you read on some forums.;)

Tiger imposter I'm Brandon's dad when did I ever say that he needs to go harder at contests if I've ever said anything it would've been to back himself kicking for goal.

Y u no change teams when we drafted him? :'(

Anyone remember that pick up in the third quarter (I think it was third as we were going to left of screen) at CHB? Was one of the best pick ups I've seen. Even Bruce stopped waffling about something not to do with game play and said good pick up as Brando kicked it out to the wing at the bottom of screen.

YEm8Bc.gif

Love the kid,but nowhere near elite yet.Even his old man is into him for not going hard at it into contests.
Straight from the horses mouth so no BS.:eek:

Tiger imposter I'm Brandon's dad when did I ever say that he needs to go harder at contests if I've ever said anything it would've been to back himself kicking for goal.

Andy-Dwyer-OMG.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the kid,but nowhere near elite yet.Even his old man is into him for not going hard at it into contests.
Straight from the horses mouth so no BS.:eek:
Will improve and become a minimum B grader at this rate,but with the right people around him WORKING on his deficiecies he can easily be an A-grader.

giphy.gif

Speak to the Sheriff of Coburg the one you're good mates with he's my witness :eek:
Do you know Rob from West Coburg he's another :D
I also have two other prominent names from west Coburg which I will not name
Nice trolling mate :$
You remind me of the Magpie supporter I had a chat to at the Coburg - Collingwood game who lived in Carlton and got started talking about BF. he was claiming to be good mates with Ellis
Then when I got home I found my footy record was missing :)
Can't remember your user name :mad:so your innocent ;)as there were a lot of shady magpies around that day

Last edited:
Well he's technically not 'elite' (which I think is a bullshit way of judging a player by the way) and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging his weaknesses, but I imagine Brandon knows what his weaknesses are and I'm sure he'll always work hard to improve his game.

Was a great pick when you have a look back at that. I remember at the time of this draft a lot of posters here were screaming for us to pick Kavanagh who has turned out to be a bit of a bust for the bombers so far.
Yeo has turned out to be a great player but would've been a risk considering he was from WA, don't think there's any other player on that list I would prefer over Ellis now though.

Wow what's happened to you ?
Gee would you believe if I said Tiger71 is Ivan Marics dad ?
I don't know mate. Usually I'm pretty skeptical but I did some internet sleuthing. He joined BF in Ellis' draft year and all of his comments are Ellis related. Brandon's dad is also a Pies supporter from Nth Carlton. Everything lines up.
Either he is a super committed troll, a stalker, or the real deal...

I don't know mate. Usually I'm pretty skeptical but I did some internet sleuthing. He joined BF in Ellis' draft year and all of his comments are Ellis related. Brandon's dad is also a Pies supporter from Nth Carlton. Everything lines up.
Either he is a super committed troll, a stalker, or the real deal...
Possible,but could be a mate. As iI said there were witnesses with me. Probably not I suspect bc he's not the type of guy who would bother with bf
I could be wrong on that call,but not my earlier post.
Anybody can start a troll account as he's only had 12 posts
Why didn't he sign up a Bf tiger account when his son was drafted?
It appears he's now decided to do it after four years. A school mate who is a magpie supporter to me is what my suspicions. Reading his posts he is not the mature Mr Ellis type .
I might start quizzing him to see if he's the real deal. He can give us all initials or nouns and numbers
I will admit if he's right
As I said the guy sounds like this know all magpie I bumped into at Coburg and if you're met Dad the planets don't align here and he"s genuine and doesn't strike me to bull s**t or go against his word.

Last edited:
A few times in the past his left foot skills have let him down however what I like he keeps practicing and attempting those kicks and in my opinion he will get better.
Hope so,But then again he's not on his Pat Malone there when Finals type pressure is applied.? mark over the entire playing group in that regard.

love it mate
Haven't heard it for a while. Your'e showing your age OR is this lingo back in?;)
Excuse me my pie needs some dead horse:p
Moreso my age i think.No doubt some of these whipper snappers on here wouldn't have heard of.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back