Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That list is seriously depressing. The only thing that gives me hope is inserting my dream numbers for the future.
2015 Joe Daniher 45
2016 Joe Daniher 80
2017 Joe Daniher 150 (including a premiership). This is the year where AFL bans all physical contact from defenders and no one can reach as high as the point at which Joe Daniher is marking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ESnMCC6.jpg

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

just being sarcasm, echoing the silly comments from the past few weeks
That was from me and I still stand by it.

Yesterday he played against a team that is young and still finding it's feet. You might even say that they are VFL standard in some areas... and look what happens Joe takes marks and Joe kicks goals and everyone is happy with Joe and he's turned a corner... yadda, yadda, yadda. The same comments were coming after Joe kicked 6 against Brisbane.

Next week, he goes up against a North experienced back line where Joe's last return was 1 goal 2 points with 2 marks. Against the better teams he gets double teamed, chopped and man handled - as when he wants the ball he puts his hands up in the air and wants the pill kicked in long, forming a pack where he tries the miracle mark from 6 deep.

Yesterday was great for Joe. He kicked straight, which will be fantastic for his confidence after kicking so bad the last 4 weeks. Hopefully some of the demons take a back seat form the outing.

This still doesn't cure his knowledge of how to lead and get the ball.

In the twos for a week or two, he can go out and work on leading patterns in a stress free environment. He might kick 8, or 10, or 12... or 2 goals 4 points, but at least he'd be working on a facet of his game that is non effective at this time. At 40 games under his belt, where he dominated junior football - I'm sure not being the elite player in his position is a hard pill to swallow. He's still a kid and needs to learn.

In my opinion, anyone who doesn't see thee issue is "making silly comments", crossing their fingers and praying to their preferred denomination... hoping all the nasties go away.

Would have thought you'd give a hat tip for his leading which you've been crying out for.

Which I did earlier in the thread - Interestingly Hird gave Hooker a big wrap on SEN - Looks like Hooker will continue to play forward - Think its helps JD because Hooker plays deeper, allowing JD to play more up the ground, where he can get a freer run at the ball and it also makes JD move around more.

That was from me and I still stand by it.

Yesterday he played against a team that is young and still finding it's feet. You might even say that they are VFL standard in some areas... and look what happens Joe takes marks and Joe kicks goals and everyone is happy with Joe and he's turned a corner... yadda, yadda, yadda. The same comments were coming after Joe kicked 6 against Brisbane.

Next week, he goes up against a North experienced back line where Joe's last return was 1 goal 2 points with 2 marks. Against the better teams he gets double teamed, chopped and man handled - as when he wants the ball he puts his hands up in the air and wants the pill kicked in long, forming a pack where he tries the miracle mark from 6 deep.

Yesterday was great for Joe. He kicked straight, which will be fantastic for his confidence after kicking so bad the last 4 weeks. Hopefully some of the demons take a back seat form the outing.

This still doesn't cure his knowledge of how to lead and get the ball.

In the twos for a week or two, he can go out and work on leading patterns in a stress free environment. He might kick 8, or 10, or 12... or 2 goals 4 points, but at least he'd be working on a facet of his game that is non effective at this time. At 40 games under his belt, where he dominated junior football - I'm sure not being the elite player in his position is a hard pill to swallow. He's still a kid and needs to learn.

In my opinion, anyone who doesn't see thee issue is "making silly comments", crossing their fingers and praying to their preferred denomination... hoping all the nasties go away.

JD's game was impressive because he got his goals against an experienced AFL defender - When he previously got bags they were against young defenders, except for the final in 2015.

The rest of your post is excellent.

Would it also be because Hooker draws the stronger defender as well?

It helps - Like the set up where hooker plays deeper - Reckon they both played 50% as the low forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back