Traded Luke Dahlhaus (#954)

Remove this Banner Ad

Always good to hear.

We have a good history with this kind of stuff. Tom Campbell was legendary at the family day and Higgins has a pretty good history of being a very good ambassador of the club to the younger generation.

Pretty random comment here, but I'm going to start calling Dahlhaus, "Cuddles".
Was just watching a few highlights and everytime he kicks a really good goal or someone else does, he runs over and doesn't just give his mates a hug, he cuddles them.

Latest example was at the end of the last game review video - http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/136557/default.aspx

He does it all the time haha

I love that goal where he got smothered on his first kick, and gathered it straight away and goaled. Very nice work.

The recovery, too. He managed to fall over between kicks and still got up and to the ball before any carlton player could react.

Boyd's clearance work for goal #2 can't be discounted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DSMI

Not many had Dahlhaus in their best 5 last Saturday against Brisbane (I didn't) but it's worth pointing out that he had an enormous effect on the game in the first 20 minutes or so. He seemed to have a hand in nearly every goal and was easily BoG up to then. We finished the quarter with 6 goals to nil.

He was obviously paid a fair bit more respect after quarter time which then enabled other players to slip the leash.

I don't mind if he's not officially in our best 5 or 6 if he can keep influencing outcomes like that. With a 6 goal deficit Brisbane were never going to get back into the game. Game over at that point and the most influential player to that time was Dahlhaus.

Luke has really gone off the boil this year. Hope he can get some form back as he is amazing when on song.
He's getting more attention from opposition sides. He'll learn to cope with that :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back