AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Your ANZAC Day Medallist - 25/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Could not have begrudge the guy if he had chosen to leave a few years ago when he instead signed a 6-year deal.
Would’ve been one of the few that I would’ve genuinely wished well and still hoped to succeed.
The guy just deserves to win.

He was convinced into staying because we were finally on the right track and had some stability under Rutten.

That lasted about another 6 months.

I’m sure he has hugely regretted the decision more than once. Hopefully he isn’t right now.

He was convinced into staying because we were finally on the right track and had some stability under Rutten.

That lasted about another 6 months.

I’m sure he has hugely regretted the decision more than once. Hopefully he isn’t right now.
to be fair his personal form has improved enormously since rutten left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I simply have no more words to describe just how unbelievably good he is
Indefatigable is a good one for him. He’s a rare combination of outrageous skill and grit. The kick to Gresham last night was obscene, two great right foot goals, he’s ascended and doing it all now. The goal kicking is his last infinity stone.

quite literally the only thing Zach doesn't have in his game is goal kicking.

was great to see him snag 3 on a game.

guys just a weapon.

quite literally the only thing Zach doesn't have in his game is goal kicking.

was great to see him snag 3 on a game.

guys just a weapon.
I probably wouldn't be putting him at CHF and asking him to take contested marks all day (the Alwyn Davey Snr role). But the combo of elite kicking, elite vision and very close to elite hands and tackling is something special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back