Delisted #7: Leroy Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The excuses continue to flow for Leroy..... For some reason he gets the easiest ride on Bigfooty, I have no idea why. I'm just glad the coaches don't think the same, they've obviously had enough of him, subbed against Collingwood and starting sub against Richmond.

Seriously not good enough for a player in 6th year of football.

If you're not kicking goals as a small forward you must be pressurising the opposition by laying tackles and chasing hard. Also should be running into space to provide an option. I don't think he is doing any of this now.

Whilst it is fair that 'small forwards are naturally front-runners and as good as the rest of the team's form', the players are all big boys and old enough to win their own ball - whether it be contested, or busting a gut on a lead, or winning a free for a tackle. Since I can't think of Jetta doing these things, or getting much of the ball from anyone, I am going to place the bulk of the blame on him.

which raises the question about how sensible it is to play 2 of them
Worth saying: it does work, when the ball gets down there. Early on, Davey & Leroy were having a hand in 3-4-5 goals between them. When the midfield's getting smashed... sure... problem #1 right there.
I certainly wouldn't call the output from the tall forwards in the 2nd half of the year good, either - the smalls need decent forwards to operate around & crumb off.

I'd strongly consider Leroy's future regardless.

Jetta lost me this year, I thought Bomber Thompson was going to come in and harden our list up, yet Jetta looked like a (my toy Pony) you would buy for young girls, the same thing Monfries has done for years, I HATE IT!

Hope he goes else where with that crap.

need more Howlett's and Hibberd's.

Is it possible that he is the slowest fast player in the competition?​

This is where I'm coming from. He has speed but doesn't use it to his advantage (think Cyril Rioli). He plods around filling up space on the field and provides little defensive pressure. His game on Saturday night was one of the worst I've seen him play.

my problem with him is he never seems to be roving packs and looking for the crumbs and while that was working well for both him and davey at the start of the year(Leading back into the forward line). Once it got found out jetta really died in the ass while davey kept his performances strong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not you too.
Hey, it's true. Their job is to crumb off the big guys and be ahead of the play. They're natural front-runners

And people are saying Danyle Pearce is a soft, mentally weak front runner. I think you can put Jetta in the same boat, except Jetta would struggle moreso in a crap side like Port.

He's lived off potential almost as long as Bolton did (although Bolton could at least call Goodes his bitch). I would not be sad to see him go and would listen to any trades involving his name. He was a priority selection that has failed to deliver big time.

The best thing about Leroy's 2012 - his body remained sound.

And people are saying Danyle Pearce is a soft, mentally weak front runner. I think you can put Jetta in the same boat, except Jetta would struggle moreso in a crap side like Port.

He's lived off potential almost as long as Bolton did (although Bolton could at least call Goodes his bitch). I would not be sad to see him go and would listen to any trades involving his name. He was a priority selection that has failed to deliver big time.

The best thing about Leroy's 2012 - his body remained sound.
One plays midfield, one plays forward.

We can't have Jetta, Reimers, Coyler and Davey in the same side. We can only have 2 IMO.
All four need to learn to work up the ground, rotate through the mid at times and get more involved in the games. Too often they are quiet.

I think Colyer could be dangerous as a small forward, definitely has a superior work ethic compared to Jetta.

I think Colyer could be dangerous as a small forward, definitely has a superior work ethic compared to Jetta.

Colyer needs to do something about that kick of his though. If he can sharpen up in that area in 2013 or if the coaches feel that he can do so, I wouldn't be surprised if Leroy was offered up. At the moment Leroy is much more dangerous with the ball.

That said, I'm a massive fan of Leroy and I hope the "smalls can't do well in a poor side" argument is true and he rips it up next year.

I acknowledge that his defensive side can seen to lack urgency at times. It's hard to call this from the stands sometimes though. Doing the right thing can sometimes be just occupying your spot in the zone.

Doesn't change the fact that if Pearce is considered a soft front runner you must also consider Jetta a soft front runner. Position on the ground is irrelevant.
I do. But you need to be that as a small forward if you want any success. You can't afford that as a midfielder.

My worry is that he isn't advancing as much as hoped, but if we move him on, who plays his role? Davey getting on and equally went to the s**t in the 2nd half of the year, Dell - just no, Colyer - not a natural small forward - plays like a midfielder with half the size.

I should also add in that I think it is by far the hardest position on the ground to consistently play well. You are reliant on some factors out of your own control.

He wasn't THAT bad early in the year, was dishing out hits, was taking people on and using flair. Most importantly he was kicking goals. I don't think he has been the same since being called out for diving. He has just gotten less and less involved, players like him rely heavily on confidence so when that dries up (as well as the team dropping off) he goes missing. The very definition of a front runner i know but that isn't necessarily a bad thing (just cant have too many).

Throw him in the ru... i mean back line and make him accountable and that might fix the issue. Might also expose him as only a one dimensional player, in which case we move him on. But at least we have seen what he has got.

On that note, i think its pathetic he was the only one cited for diving, just as everyone always brings up monfries for milking frees. As if their the only players that do it. JOKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back