Past Matthew Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a lot of people who wanted him gone who have conveniently changed their tunes.

I haven't forgotten. :cool:
There's a difference between wanting him gone and realising that pick 2 is more than we could ever expect to get for him under normal circumstances, weighing up the good with the bad and understanding that moving him on under those circumstances was probably best for everyone involved.
Having said that, I seem to recall that more people were (reluctantly?) happy to see him go if that was the end result, but more than happy for him to stay as long as we weren't throwing a huge contract at him.

Personally I'm happy to see him stay, but also happy that it's only a 2 year deal (I'd assume there's a trigger/option for a 3rd). I'm guessing that it's similar terms to what we reportedly offered him in the 3 year deal - base around $350k and heavily weighted towards match payments/performance, which would probably take him around $450-500k if he plays a full season. I also would have wished him well if he had netted us pick 2, knowing full well that he didn't want to leave and that under normal circumstances we would have signed him back up in a heartbeat.

Hopefully in the next 2 years he can stay injury free and get back to what we all hoped and thought he would be. Then he can sign another 3-4 year deal that will see him stay a Blue for life.

Pick 2 would have been nice on paper, but we'd be signing away our soul if we didn't keep the big man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going by the HUN today we wouldn't have got pick 2 even if the had gone to Collingwood on the reported $600,000 a year deal.
This year it looks like being a contract offer of $700,000 a year to get band 1.

If we were to have received pick#2 I also was prepared for Humphrey to go. Never was "Happy" for Kreuze to go, but was accepting of #2 for compensation to contribute to kick-starting the rebuild.
Lets not dwell on the "he said she said" scenario's. Lets celebrate we have Matty for 2 more years, hope he stays on the park and sparks all the other players to fight for the jumper the way he does.

Guess I'm on that list =(

The way I saw it was, Kruez was like a HSV GTS, worth around 80k or so, a beautiful sports/family car that puts smiles on your face, you love this car to death.

Someone crazy comes along and offers you like 200k for it. You don't want to sell the car, but you know this car is only worth 80k, and you could purchase a fully dedicated sports car with that money such as a Nissan Skyline R35 GT-R. The offer is just too good to refuse!

In my defence I wanted him to stay and did state im positive he isn't going anywhere =)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to get so defensive guys....unless you're ashamed that you're on THE LIST.

Not ashamed to admit that if Kreuzer left I would have been happy with #2 as compensation. But very happy he has stayed.

Since Kreuze came back in to the team this season, our structure looks better. Our position isn't as dire as some make out. If we draft and develop good young players like Weitering, i think we will win more games next season.

Going by the HUN today we wouldn't have got pick 2 even if the had gone to Collingwood on the reported $600,000 a year deal.
This year it looks like being a contract offer of $700,000 a year to get band 1.

I think the official rule is, that the AFL make up what ever they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back