A-League R8: Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2003
Kensington Gardens
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
B'ham CityFC Adelaide United FC
All discussion for the Round 8 A-League Match between Melbourne Victory & Sydney FC may be posted on this thread. It will be stickied until next Tuesday.

Broadcast Details:

Sunday 16 October 2005

LIVE LOCAL RADIO: SEN 1116AM - 1pm EST, 12:30pm CST, 11am WST

The response from FOX's non-screening of this game is due to commitements to the Moto GP at Philip Island and Major League Baseball playoffs. Honestly how many people give a toss about the MLB playoffs until the World Series?

stmookeyj said:
The response from FOX's non-screening of this game is due to commitements to the Moto GP at Philip Island and Major League Baseball playoffs. Honestly how many people give a toss about the MLB playoffs until the World Series?

If they were committed, they'd screen it on Main Event - I recall them having the last round of the rugby league on because there were two important games on simultaneously. They also had one of the games from the last NBL finals series on.

Surely the people in Sydney should demand to be heard - they're so often ignored... ;)

im really looking forward to this game, i havnt been able to watch a full game yet as i dont have foxtel or optus and have only been able to watch highlights of each game. this will be my first A-League game that i have attended and i cant wait got my ticket today wanted to get Northern End Terace to be near all the Victory fans but couldnt as they where all sold out so i got the Southern End Terace. anyone know how much tickets have been sold?

ive heard that all the Silver and GA on the Southern End are sold out

Can I ask a question? Why are Melbourne the 'silly people' or why is Melbourne 'Tardsville'. Is there something I'm missing here? Don't tell me it's just short for *s...

Yeah, at least the Rainbow Boys and Barrelers nicknames are slightly creative. I mean, what was the thinking for the Melbourne nickname? "Um... yeah... well you're stupid! HA!". :p

In all serious, this match should be an absolute beauty. Find out Thursday night if I can actually go, but by then I expect it may well be much of a muchness.
Prediction: Victory 2 - Plastic City FC 1.

GO VICTORY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-2. Can't wait - the atmosphere should be palpable.

And yeah, come up with something better to insult us with. Danny Allsopp might be a "****", but otherwise we're pretty well mentally.

wez10000 said:
im really looking forward to this game, i havnt been able to watch a full game yet as i dont have foxtel or optus and have only been able to watch highlights of each game. this will be my first A-League game that i have attended and i cant wait got my ticket today wanted to get Northern End Terace to be near all the Victory fans but couldnt as they where all sold out so i got the Southern End Terace. anyone know how much tickets have been sold?

ive heard that all the Silver and GA on the Southern End are sold out

i've heard that all the general admission tickets have been sold out. And yea i will be at the Southern End as well cheering on the Mighty Melbourne Victory, got my Tix yesterday!!!!

cant wait!!!!!!

Prediction Victory 3 Sydney FC 1-goal fest :D

just a question guys.

I've got 3 General admission tickets, do you get to stand wherever u want or are you aloccated a spot? and if u r allocated a spot, how does tht work? do they have like seat numbers on the rails or soemthin?

thanks guys.

Ray Nolan said:
:rolleyes:

Come on mate, don't make me do some modding!

Ahh Ray, what would we do without you?

I'm just playing the I-can-act-real-tough on BigFooty game. You've met me, you know full well that I'm not into any kind of boisterous football supporting.

MACDAICOS said:
lol...............You finished beating off to football factory behave yourself. ;)

Pay that... ;)

moistie said:
I don't know if they're interested in man love, but I'm sure they appreciate the offer.

Eugh, that was kinda lame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back