A-League R9: Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sporty Spice said:
The goal was crap. And wrong. The ball was away from the body.

This is the way I view it (bear with me if I don't explain it right) - if the ref and the assistant didn't see the handball, that's fine with me. Galekovic booted the ball at great velocity, and it would have been hard to pick up watching live. But if the ref and the assistant saw the handball (which is what I think happened, considering they consulted before they gave the goal) and decided it wasn't a free kick, then it's a very bad call. The hand was clearly away from the body and the ball struck the arm alone, not any other part of the body.

But if I was a neutral, I'd be more annoyed with the Mori fiasco. That was an absolute farce, and should never have happened (and of course, bloody Brian Deane comes on and scores! :mad: )

Lowie01 said:
This is the way I view it (bear with me if I don't explain it right) - if the ref and the assistant didn't see the handball, that's fine with me. Galekovic booted the ball at great velocity, and it would have been hard to pick up watching live. But if the ref and the assistant saw the handball (which is what I think happened, considering they consulted before they gave the goal) and decided it wasn't a free kick, then it's a very bad call. The hand was clearly away from the body and the ball struck the arm alone, not any other part of the body.

Agree, on all of the above.

Most bizzare day of soccer...sorry I mean football.

Over in England, Pires makes an absolute fool out of himself with that penalty fiasco.

In Perth, Mori is denied the right to play because he has a wedding ring on. After minutes of frantically trying to pull the ring off (and almost taking the finger with it) the match begins with Perth one man down (has that ever happened before?). Perth then decide to bite the bullet and sub off Mori for Brian Deane, even though Mori hadn't played one second of the match. Deane, the substitute, then scores his frst ever goal in the A-League to put Perth 1-0 up. Melbourne score an equalizer thanks to an embarassing blunder from the defence, where Harnwell attempts to pass the ball but stuffs up the kick, allowing Thompson a free opportunity to shoot in front of goals. Deane then gets subbed off at half time, and his replacement scores a "hand og God" goal after the Melbourne keeper's clearance bounces off the Perth strikers arm and ends up in the goal.

We were trash and didn't deserve a point but jeez that winning "goal" was dirt. Has me dumbfounded why they took so long to award it if they were sure.

On a positive note we always put up a fight on the road and are never out of it and we nearly pinched points again.

4 home games to come now, 12 points, please..

Odd.

Odd decisions to not play Sarkies and to take Byrnes off early.

Top class finish from Archie for the first. Melbourne unlucky with Perf's winner.

I think there might be more to the Sarkis omission than we know at this stage - surely you would have him on the bench at least? Muscat said SEN should ask Merrick why he was left out...

Disappointing performance, tough game coming up against that whinging ******** Kosmina and his 11 defenders on Friday night.

As for the ring incident - has Mark Shield never heard of tape? And what's with checking in the tunnel - the ref's job is to check in the change rooms before the game.

I thought the result was justified, Perth was the better side. However, Victory can rightly feel robbed by that winner. Mark Shield has had an atrocious season and yesterday was more of the same sh1te. His decision re Mori was utterly ridiculous, a bit of cotton wool & some tape = no dramas.

The only disappointing thing was Victory got their sh1te performance out of the way when I was rather hoping they'd save it for Friday!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ray Nolan said:
<--------

Just for you my Tardistani Friends.

(Fingers crossed this doesn't backfire spectacularly on Friday night! ;) )

With a bit of luck it will go the way of my "we won't lose another game" call. :)

And we still hate the silly people! Yknow we still hate the silly people ......

Well done glory. Better team, outplayed.

Syd -der-neeeee effffffffffff ceeeeeeeeee!

On a serious note, Mark shields is an appalling ref. So many errors, whistle happy and a ********er. Wasn't the world cup mistake enough??I can't see why we can't get decent refs. NSL refs don't cut it.

GOALden Hawk said:
Disappointing performance, tough game coming up against that whinging ******** Kosmina and his 11 defenders on Friday night.

Yes, Qu, Rech, Patnellis, Dodd and Alosi are all defenders.

Whinging about whinging?

Bring it on. We beat you with ten men last time, should be much easier with eleven. ;)

Jars458 said:
Yes, Qu, Rech, Patnellis, Dodd and Alosi are all defenders.

Whinging about whinging?

Bring it on. We beat you with ten men last time, should be much easier with eleven. ;)

It's not like you scored with 10 on the field, so it will be easier for us to win, given you won't have 10 behind the ball... You'd hope not anyway.

realfootball said:
And we still hate the silly people! Yknow we still hate the silly people ......

Enjoyed it, did we? Glad you did. I'm sure I'll take similar pleasure this Sunday when Newcastle take the three points from the SFS.

Ray Nolan said:
<--------

Just got my tickets in the mail today, just watch out coz we're on the rebound, wouldn't be suprised if we pulled off a game like against sydney!

neways, wasnt that a sh1thouse game from the victory on the weekend.
Could not string 4 passes together in the first half and looked hung over from last week, tired and weary. It was probably due to the heat, the boys weren't used to that kind of weather in the first 8 rounds and we are a young side so expect some up and down performances on our way to the championship :p
But we better get used to the hot weather becoz summer's just around the corner.

Ray Nolan said:
<--------

Ehheheh.

Seriously, fair call... for this week. At least you lot actually wait until the _end_ of a round before trumpeting how you're TOP OF TEH TABEL...

Next week, well, we shall see what we shall see, won't we? :p

Ray Nolan said:
<--------

You should be able to find an internet cafe on the Friday night to spare you from too much embarrassment.

Ray Nolan said:
:p

(Needless to say should we lose you know what the first thing I'm gonna do when I get back to Geelong is!)

At least we'll be out enjoying the win rather than rushing home to gloat.

That will come the following day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back