A-League R9: Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

2-1! Sekulovski. Claeys backpass to Galekovic was cleared into Sekulovski's hand but the linesman gave it.

This has been the most bizarre match I can remember in quite a while. Perth should be up by four or more, yet only lead because of a "Hand of God". But because of the pattern of play, I won't complain - we should be dead and buried.

And when did Mark Shield become such a ********er?

Geez, Adrian Caceres is saving his best matches for Melbourne. And why hasn't Nick Ward been starting more often? No wonder McMahon's in the fans' bad books.

About time Vlahos came off - not my favourite player at the moment. Sarkies' form has dipped, but he's still playing twice as well as Vlahos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final score: Perth 2-1 Melbourne :(

A-League table:

Adelaide 17 (Ray Nolan can reinstate "Top of the League"...until Friday ;) )
Sydney 16
Melbourne 15
Newcastle 13
-------------
Perth 13
Central Coast 12
Queensland 12
New Zealand 3 (please bring in relegation)

FT Perth Glory 2-1 Melbourne Victory
[1-0] 22' B. Deane
[1-1] 39' A. Thompson
[2-1] 55' N. Sekulovski

If Perth's form is anything to go by next week they'll get smacked badly by the Roar next week.

Fact: To beat Melbourne you have to cheat... Or have Mark Shield as the ref

Fact: Mark Shield likes to blow goats

Fact: Mark Shield has been known to have relations with other farm yard animals

Fact: I hope Mark Shield swallows his whistle and can never ref again

DB10 said:
If Perth's form is anything to go by next week they'll get smacked badly by the Roar next week.

They're incredible, aren't they? Consitently inconistent. On that form, they'll challenge the top teams, but last week they were New Zealand-esque against Central Coast. :confused:

Anyway, an almost expected let-down tonight. We hardly had the ball at all in the first thirty minutes, and deserved to be behind. Then a Harnwell brain-fade and a classy Archie finish gave us an equaliser, and I thought we might take advantage in the second half. But it was more of the same after the break, and even though the winner shouldn't have counted, you couldn't deny them (after all, it was our crap defending that gave them the chance).

We just looked a bit slow today, maybe the road trip and the weather took its toll, but our energy levels appeared low. But all the credit goes to Perth.

Lowie01 said:
(Ray Nolan can reinstate "Top of the League"...until Friday ;) )

And some of us will have to change ours until Friday. :eek:

I had my indoor soccer grand final at the same time (better result at least) so didn't get to watch the game but it sounds like we were well beaten and didn't deserve to get anything out of the match.

If they wanted an even league that's exactly what they have got.

Hopefully we can turn things around on Friday night.

Lowie01 said:
But it was more of the same after the break, and even though the winner shouldn't have counted, you couldn't deny them (after all, it was our crap defending that gave them the chance).

And it was their crap defending that gave us the equaliser!

The goal was crap. And wrong. The ball was away from the body.

The the commentating was ********house. Danny Allsopp didn't want the penalty in the last 5 minutes, he wanted the corner that should have been ours.

Lowie01 said:
They're incredible, aren't they? Consitently inconistent. On that form, they'll challenge the top teams, but last week they were New Zealand-esque against Central Coast. :confused:

Deadset. Last five games:

NZ Knights 0-1 Perth Glory
Perth Glory 1-2 Sydney FC
Newcastle United Jets 1-5 Perth Glory
Central Coast Mariners 4-0 Perth Glory
Perth Glory 2-1 Melbourne Victory

WLWLW. Get in on the Roar next week then.

Referee proved himself to be an absolute ********wit concerning the Mori incident, was pretty embarassing as I had friends from o/s over and had been telling them how we had a decent little league going - flick on the tv and we have this happen.

The result was fair, we were terrible, I knew this was coming. :(
Allsop was good though, and whilst Ward did have a good game was his old man in the commentary box or something? Every time he got anywhere near the ball the commenators climaxed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back