• Saints

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder to all:
  • Visiting other team boards to troll is not tolerated (here or elsewhere)
  • Do not respond to trolls - it just makes our cleanup job harder. Report and ignore please.
  • Do not post identifiable screenshots of profiles or posts here for the sake of mockery
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Time will tell, but the Tribunal have said there's no such thing as precedent, There's also a huge chunk of victim mentality when judging other suspensions. No one has ever said that a suspension for injuring a Saints player is too heavy.

Same with Saints fans wanting weeks for Clarko. His choice of words was poor but if RTB gave a few oppo blokes a serve in the same scenario we'd applaud it from the rooftops. Take out the homophobic bit and I cant see anything wrong with it

They need to though...
If someone sues them, they can say
"yeah but look how we penalised Webster" We took action to stop concussion.
a prosecutor can then say , "sure but you failed to penalise Dangerfield, Larry, Curley and Moe" throwing in a token hard penalty against a StKilda player twice a decade wasn't enough. Pay up?

I fully expected Webster to cop 6 to 8 weeks after what we've heard over the pre season and the bar they set with SPP.

Just a bizzare and stupid decision from Webster. Doubt he will do it again and that's why the ban is there.
I doubt anyone disagrees with the penalty.
But now the bar has been set, let’s see what happens when it’s a star player, and especially during the finals.

We’re all sceptical and rightly so based on past decisions.

And which club was dumb enough to attempt a full rebuild at the same time as the 2 plastic teams entered the league?

US that's who
I don’t exactly think we had a choice. It’s where we happened to be at that time

Time will tell, but the Tribunal have said there's no such thing as precedent, There's also a huge chunk of victim mentality when judging other suspensions. No one has ever said that a suspension for injuring a Saints player is too heavy.

Same with Saints fans wanting weeks for Clarko. His choice of words was poor but if RTB gave a few oppo blokes a serve in the same scenario we'd applaud it from the rooftops. Take out the homophobic bit and I cant see anything wrong with it
…the suspension for the Crows player rearranging Hunter’s face was definitely not too heavy….

Well that’s the whole point, that was what was wrong with it.

Aside from that, coaches should not be having words with opposition players - ever.

As a Saint supporter I have been very disappointed with the poor comments on this forum since the bump on Sunday. As a supporter we have to be better than that.
Also, George does a great job as the moderator, however in this one case I think you should have shown better discretion by moderating some comments.

It had been a subject in the media already, and Jimmy timed it ( both in the game and in the calendar ) terribly.
6 Weeks was probably what it should have been, but given the peasants waving burning torches and pitchforks and demanding 10, i can see why it was pushed up to 7.
Not a StKilda thing, more a general timing thing.
Except for that one time against Hawthorn when Paddy Ryder got 2 weeks standing still and protecting himself.

Absolutely. If you take out the homophobic rant...there is no homophobic rant. Bloody Saints fans again!

RTB doesn’t have 10,000 preexisting incidences of a similar nature and isn’t due to present before the Human Rights Commission and potentially Federal Court

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know we keep going on about but watched the game again. My god Darcy Wilson. I know he didn’t pull it off but when tried to take on the man on the mark. The confidence. Also his kicking will be awesome. He really tries to take extreM care and weight his kicks.

Lastly on copper Sharman. I think he’s the most skillfull forward we have. Kicking and handballing.

Then consider Ben long getting rubbed out for the "Potential to cause harm"

Fksake what a joke the AFL judiciary system is
That was just plain outrageous(I could use more colorful language but I don't want to cop the wrath of Thor)

I'm pretty sure that prosecution line hasn't been used since.

The AFL make it up as they go.

Then consider Ben long getting rubbed out for the "Potential to cause harm"

Fksake what a joke the AFL judiciary system is

Or Baker getting two weeks for attempting to strike!

The tribunal found Baker guilty of attempting to strike Richmond's Greg Stafford during the Saints' 103-point victory against Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't agree more. I think the interesting thing in the AFL's rebuttal was in reference to Webster's good character

"a hit from a good character doesn’t land any softer than one from a bad character."

Bingo! Surely this must be extrapolated to also mean that a hit from a "star" player doesn’t land any softer than one from a journeyman.

Or, a hit from a Brownlow favorite, or a player whose team is about to make a deep finals run is any softer than one from a player who's not.

Let's see how that one pans out. I hope it comes back to bite them because for once that's pretty clear. No grey area in that comment at all.
I totally agree with all this but ultimately the afl also says the tribunal is not subject to precedent so theyve hedged their bets.

I’ve been saying it for YEARS (George has been telling me to shut up about it). The mro and tribunal is a sham with no ******* idea what they’re doing

Hello everyone, I want to officially announce that Dard Ball Get and I have returned to the forum.

I know it's been a terrible few days with extremely s**t jokes and lame discussion, but rest assured The Brothers of Banter are back - and back with a vengeance.

7345d654f19bc130cd6e465d8fee78f249c5b0f1_00.gif

(Dard is rocking the gimp mask FWIW)

A glorified bush league or a circus that never stays still long enough to get pinned down?

In a normal world, 2 games where fans were locked out for the start of the game until 1/4 time would be an outrage. Not when you're a beaten to the pulp AFL fan though that expects such treatment.

Hello everyone, I want to officially announce that Dard Ball Get and I have returned to the forum.

I know it's been a terrible few days with extremely s**t jokes and lame discussion, but rest assured The Brothers of Banter are back - and back with a vengeance.

The big dogs tell me I’m on thin ice

1709728484150.gif

Did you get banned?
I didn’t notice.

Back