AAMI Stadium...

Remove this Banner Ad

LuDiCrOuS

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Most of you probably shuddered when you read that title, but as I recover from a long night of celebrating my mind turns to next week and our horrible record over there, we NEED this win, it will entrench us in the 8 aswell as give us good form heading into the clash against the scum and most importantly be the beginning of the end of our horrible interstate form!
Discuss.

We have a horrible interstate record but we did beat Ade over there a couple of years back (from memory was it rd1 2008). Ade are down on confidence, playing off a bye. Essendon had a good win and the fact that it wasn't a particularly hard game will help us. 6 day break won't.

We have a horrible interstate record but we did beat Ade over there a couple of years back (from memory was it rd1 2008). Ade are down on confidence, playing off a bye. Essendon had a good win and the fact that it wasn't a particularly hard game will help us. 6 day break won't.
They beat Sydney, who are firmly entrenched in the 8. That being said; we are better than them so we should win

cant have a repeat of last nights 1st half at AAMI

happy with the win last night, but there were some very ordinary structures & football being played for a fair while last night - carry on like that away from home & will get spanked no matter who we play.

Must win game if we do then getting into finals just got a lot easier. But sadly i can see us getting destroyed...

Play the structures boys and we will win!

The wet, dewy surface always gets us over there during night games. Looks like an ice-skating ring whenever we play them over there.

Players lose their feet, turn it over, drop marks, shank kicks off the side of the boot.

Would have payed a lot of money for this to have been a day game.

we have to win here. We have not won since rd 1 2007 and it seems like a lifetime ago.

I don't know, I'm actually feeling pretty confident about this game. I'm probably the only one though.
So am I- they lost to Brisbane ffs

Last two games against Adelaide were played at AAMI for 84 point, and a 96 point losses.

As poor as Adelaide may be playing, it may still be a struggle to get the win over there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm the most positive Essendoom supporter there is. And my opinion is we'll get ****ing smashed over there, again :(

I hate to admit, but I agree. Bad weather and away, we won't get smashed as it will be a low scoring affair, but we're likely to lose 2 out of the next three games.

If manges to have the same team...ie a team with some speed, we have one weapon...Simon Goodwin.
He will hopefully give the other coaches an idea of how adelaide has previously approached playing us. As we saw with geelong, this intel can be helpful....executing it will be the hard bit.

I'm confident IF we start alright. Shut up the crowd.

Slightly off topic I know, so I apologise. But, I'm travelling to Melbourne from Launceston for the Essendon - Carlton game and I've wanted to get seats on on Southern Stand Wing and been trying for about 8 weeks but no luck and ticketek are useless with info. The only non-member tickets available are behind the goals atm so might just have to take them with only 2 weeks to go before the match. But firstly I just want want to make sure I'm sitting near the Essendon cheersquad area instead of Carlton's ;) Are we at the Punt Road end considering it's our home game? Thanks. :thumbsu:

The key will be starting well.

We need to get off to a good start. If not, heaven help us.

I'm confident IF we start alright. Shut up the crowd.

Agreed. The start against Freo earlier this season was shattering and if we serve up anything like that again the game will be over at quarter time. I think it is imperative to have a good start and be leading at quarter time, if we want to win.

Win and we could go to 7th, lose and we could fall to 9th, so the difference obviously is remaining in the 8.

Adelaide's margins;
v. Hawthorn: Adelaide win by 20
v. Port: Adelaide lose by 32
v. Carlton: Adelaide lose by 6
v. St Kilda: Adelaide win by 19
v. Melbourne: Adelaide lose by 96
v. Gold Coast: Adelaide win by 57
v. Collingwood: Adelaide lose by 43
v. Brisbane: Adelaide lose by 40
v. North: Adelaide lose by 47
v. West Coast: Adelaide lose by 39
v. Western Bulldogs: Adelaide lose by 30
v. Geelong: Adelaide lose by 52
v. Sydney: Adelaide win by 7

It should be noted that in their last match v. Sydney, the Swans were grossly inaccurate kicking 6.14 to the Crows' 8.9. Adelaide are also coming off a bye, a situation that seems to be more a hindrance than a help.

We should win. One of the positives of our win over Richmond was that although it took the attitude a while to kick in, once there we smashed the Tigers instead of just falling over the line, which is something we have done in those situations before. If we carry that form into Friday night we should smash them.

Fire up Bombers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back