Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The pre season camps will certainly be entertaining.
Being serious though has Pike got the qualifications experience needed to be a CEO could certainly see him being a clubs Football manager?
Pyke spent time in business prior to joining us as an assistant coach - i think he studied commerce

Your attempted trolls get weaker by the day.

Do you know who the two biggest customers of Channel 7/The West are? The Federal and state governments. Daylight comes third. It doesn't exist without that money. Why don't you turn it on and count how many advertisements are paid for by the government. Have you not noticed the stratospheric increase in government advertisement on corporate media since we were kids? That spending gives them editorial control. It is government funded and controlled media, which is also commonly known as propaganda.

The purpose of Channel7/The West and other corporate media is to control public opinion on issues that matter to the establishment (such as the Ukraine war, the Covid scam and the climate change scam), not to inform you. Just like with Facebook, if a service you use or consume costs money to provide and you are not paying for it then you are the product and not the customer.
Sounds like you are head of the “Let’s make West Coast Great Again” team

When Pyke was appointed coach of Adelaide he mentioned in an interview that money wasn't a factor in decision as he sold his business to a mining company and made millions overnight.

I think a CEO spot would prob be right for him.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t see how being a board member makes you capable of being a CEO. I can be a city/shire councillor and do a good job but I wouldn’t have the qualifications to be a CEO.
I am not saying yes or no to your statement, nor I am endorsing Pyke should be the CEO.
However, we must know a few facts:
1. All CEO(s) were not CEO before being appointed the first time (Nisbett was a football manager before being the CEO the first time and has been doing a reasonably good job).
2. Board members are in general business executives representing major shareholders. Some of them are or were holding a CEO or executive director position.
3. Board members are in short a group of executives to oversee the core objectives of the organisation.

Last edited:
I don’t see how being a board member makes you capable of being a CEO. I can be a city/shire councillor and do a good job but I wouldn’t have the qualifications to be a CEO.

Knowing him reasonably well and I am likely quite biased here but his business mind is as good as anyone in the football space and he is a football genius. Maybe not the right fit for a head coaching position but is great at building relationships both inside and outside of footy. CEO of the eagles is pretty much the toughest gig in footy however the skillset he brings I think would not only be invaluable but would give the club a much more open relationship with the WAFC and WAFL clubs leading to much better relationships all round in WA footy.

I honestly can't think of anyone better for the role.

Knowing him reasonably well and I am likely quite biased here but his business mind is as good as anyone in the football space and he is a football genius. Maybe not the right fit for a head coaching position but is great at building relationships both inside and outside of footy. CEO of the eagles is pretty much the toughest gig in footy however the skillset he brings I think would not only be invaluable but would give the club a much more open relationship with the WAFC and WAFL clubs leading to much better relationships all round in WA footy.

Seems to be the general consensus in the thread hopefully it happens one day.

Why is the CEO of the Eagles the toughest gig in footy.
There would be 14 other clubs at least that would say their CEO job is much tougher.
How tough can it be knowing before you start the role you have unlimited membership and sponsorship. Just a dream for most CEO's. Club is a licence to print money. So really your main job is to make sure your football department is a strong competitive one. of course their is numerous other duties but it's hardly the toughest gig in footy being the WCE CEO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There would be 14 other clubs at least that would say their CEO job is much tougher.
How tough can it be knowing before you start the role you have unlimited membership and sponsorship. Just a dream for most CEO's. Club is a licence to print money. So really your main job is to make sure your football department is a strong competitive one. of course their is numerous other duties but it's hardly the toughest gig in footy being the WCE CEO.

It's the roles and relationships outside the walls of the footy club that make it the biggest gig in footy. Particularly now that the well is completely poisoned in regards to Nisbett and the other areas of WA footy it is a challenge that has to be overcome to ensure the best results for all parties and I think he is one of only a few people who can be that guy.

Then everyone is failing and should be sacked

Agree on your Pyke to CEO - simply much better than one of Trevor's insiders with more of the same. I am thinking Richard Godfrey will be putting his hand up and hope that he is kept in the back office counting the cash and not leading a business. Hardly the most dynamic leader to see us out of this low period.

I think Pyke would be the circuit breaker we need with the WAFL clubs and Wayne Martin at the WAFC would love him. More of a balanced relationship where as King Nissie I always had to win and strong arm the local structures. Put it simply, the WAFL presidents will not allow a strong Beagles to take flags away from the foundation clubs. It could be as simple as let us load up and ben competitive but we cannot play finals. There is a compromise required and arrogance will not win the day.

I also think that Don would be keen on driving standards and holding people to account. He does not take crap and does not tolerate mediocrity. But there again, I like midfielder that both win their own ball and impact the scoreboard!!!

If Port win the GF would Hinkley then be regarded as a better coach than Simpson?

Is he already despite no flag?

Made multiple Prelims, managed to turn team around multiple times.

If he snags a late flag and the state we're in I think people will look at Kern higher TBH.

If Port win the GF would Hinkley then be regarded as a better coach than Simpson?

If he snags a late flag and the state we're in I think people will look at Kern higher TBH.

fair.

No clue, but Ken winning a premiership has the potential to be the best day in Bigfooty history.

Even Bevo now is regarded higher than Simmo.
Is he, though?

Hasn’t gotten his side to a top four finish. One flag and one other GF appearance, both of which came from a charmed finals run from the bottom of the eight. And currently has a very strong side that’s battling to play finals this year.

Is he, though?

Hasn’t gotten his side to a top four finish. One flag and one other GF appearance, both of which came from a charmed finals run from the bottom of the eight. And currently has a very strong side that’s battling to play finals this year.
Yeah dogs have been frustrating for sure.

Should be top 4 really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back