Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like releasing some of the high level thinking on the business case could win a number of skeptics over.
Kristof and Waynesworld - do you have any info or just guessing?
Experience and knowledge of how these projects operate

Here's a question back ......why are the AFL clubs falling over themselves to get involved if a) it'll be a drain on club expenses & b) there's no benefit in it for the clubs ......simple logic really

Here's a question back ......why are the AFL clubs falling over themselves to get involved if a) it'll be a drain on club expenses & b) there's no benefit in it for the clubs ......simple logic really
Uh huh, why doesn't this fill me with a lot of confidence

There is no doubt the club thinks it's a good thing.

What the club values might be different to some people.
The club might be over estimating the value.

There is no doubt the club thinks it's a good thing.

What the club values might be different to some people.
The club might be over estimating the value.
May be, but then you suggesting that Afc don't know what they are doing. Surely they would have crunched some numbers in a business case.

Perhaps you take that up with fages next time you meet. ;)

May be, but then you suggesting that Afc don't know what they are doing. Surely they would have crunched some numbers in a business case.

They don't always make the right decisions, but you already know that. I'm not sure the business case will stack up early and let's face it, the modelling won't really be based on anything particularly reliable. I'm sure they've got a good handle on costs, but revenue will be largely unknown. Although, the AFL don't seem to have decided between 6 & 8 teams yet, so there's still a fair bit to play out to really nail down projected costs. My concern would be that our keenness might result in us stumping up more cash than other financially mediocre clubs.

1936.jpg

First thing I thought of.
Well, well, well...

They don't always make the right decisions, but you already know that. I'm not sure the business case will stack up early and let's face it, the modelling won't really be based on anything particularly reliable. I'm sure they've got a good handle on costs, but revenue will be largely unknown. Although, the AFL don't seem to have decided between 6 & 8 teams yet, so there's still a fair bit to play out to really nail down projected costs. My concern would be that our keenness might result in us stumping up more cash than other financially mediocre clubs.
Has our keenness locked ourselves into anything? I wouldn't have thought so. If the numbers don't stack up when more is known, then I'm sure we can just pull the plug.

I doubt afc will risk the current men's teams if it believed this venture would end up being a drain on the finances long term.

It's just many love to knock things without evidence.

How about we trust this administration, but critically analyse them after the event if they stuff up rather than criticising them on unknowns.

Been contemplating that. Waiting to hear back on a hookuo opportunity this offseason. Hoping its in feb when im back from os - might be earlier so ill get someone else to ask.

And i would have had te club trade tippett end of 2011. They didnt. They dont always know what tbey are doing.
Im watching this one with interest myself. I can certainly appreciate others may feel they need to justify the time and expense.

Has our keenness locked ourselves into anything? I wouldn't have thought so. If the numbers don't stack up when more is known, then I'm sure we can just pull the plug.

I doubt afc will risk the current men's teams if it believed this venture would end up being a drain on the finances long term.

How about we trust this administration, but critically analyse them after the event if they stuff up rather than criticising them on unknowns.
People are asking to know more detail. Whats wrong with that?

And i would have had te club trade tippett end of 2011. They didnt. They dont always know what tbey are doing.
Im watching this one with interest myself. I can certainly appreciate others may feel they need to justify the time and expense.
I have posted many times that we should have traded tippett when Brisbane had agreed to the deal but trigg stupidly overruled.

No issue criticising the club when we have information they have stuffed up as I do the same.

Just been quite a bit of criticism of late over unknowns.

I really doubt Fagan & his team are going to financially risk the men's teams over this... But if they do, I will join those against it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it. Having lived in the Red Centre for many years, the one thing I can guarantee is that if there is a hint of Indigenous involvement, the funding is all but unlimited. Marrying up with the NT is a master stroke by our club. But it remains the reality that we cannot fund this program ourselves.

Absolutely, joining with the NT is a massive win. Women's football is extremely popular up here, much more so than in Adelaide. Also with the lack of any potential NT based AFL side on the horizon, if we can be seen to be linked with the NT, it gives us a stronger foothold in what should be a natural aligned market we've long neglected.

I don't disagree with this. I think most of the anti brigade are founding their criticism based on the view that the league won't be a success and assuming we are financially responsible, at least in part. Personally, I don't think it's arguable that this isn't a valid concern. If we were a financial powerhouse who must offload surpluses, then it really wouldn't matter. But until the full facts of how this enterprise will be funded, it is fair to be concerned.

It could equally be argued that until the full facts are known, the pro crowd should also not express a view.

I don't disagree with this. I think most of the anti brigade are founding their criticism based on the view that the league won't be a success and assuming we are financially responsible, at least in part. Personally, I don't think it's arguable that this isn't a valid concern. If we were a financial powerhouse who must offload surpluses, then it really wouldn't matter. But until the full facts of how this enterprise will be funded, it is fair to be concerned.

It could equally be argued that until the full facts are known, the pro crowd should also not express a view.
Reminds me of the NBN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back