AFL 2007 talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

BTW the All-Australian thing has jumped up to about 30-40% now.

On a good note the Michael Tuck and Norm Smith medals look likely to be included because of the player rankings system.

Haha thats good that all australian thing has improved. that would be a real good inclusion.

Are there any chances of other special teams you can play with like State of origin teams or not??

is it going to be harder, an is there anyway of having momentum/confidence in the game
so for example when u play interstate it would start in favour of the other team and if u get the first few goals the momentum will start to change, and another bug is when u come equal first in brownlow an your name aint top u dont get the brownlow or extra points

is it going to be harder, an is there anyway of having momentum/confidence in the game
so for example when u play interstate it would start in favour of the other team and if u get the first few goals the momentum will start to change, and another bug is when u come equal first in brownlow an your name aint top u dont get the brownlow or extra points

Easy, Medium and Hard are still going to be the same (maybe Hard will be tweaked to become harder) but there is a plan to have a new difficulty mode that is like catch-up. The key to it is not to make it so that the AI cheat in the game. The idea is to keep the scores closer but not so close as to be unrealistic. Even good sides have their bad day.

Will note the bug!

Mark, what programs do you use to make the game? (I know you use Maya for graphics)

Just interested. And about how long did it take to make the basic game engine?

All I can comment on is the art side of things - we use Maya for 3D stuff and Photoshop for 2D art.

No idea about the game engine. That stuff was created between AFLPE and AFL2005 and I wasn't around then. I'll try to find some info for you there :thumbsu:

FH. Is there any chance that there will be a contact detector or something like that? I have noticed playing that if u look at replays and how the players in the game do screamers etc. the r like half way inside the player that they are screamering. It just lets the game down a little. Like if u do a replay and pause it, your player seems half way through the other player. Or will something like that being in the game take too much memory? Anyway it was just a question....Please reply.

Yeah that sucks hey... either they are inside each other or they are a metre away from each other when they contact... not very realistic.. any chance of this being improved FH?

I see you already mentioned the player editing that will be implemented, I think this is crucial, as the biggest disappointment I've had with 2006 is the re-hashing of player names and lack of customising your list to keep it up to date for the following season.
With you new system, It sounds to me like we will finally be able to edit all these fictional players "except stats, and thats fine" and make them our new draftees.
That's all I could hope for.

P.S: BRING BACK THE BIFF!
Seriously, If i wish to be reported for striking, at least let me strike intentionally, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but surely suspensions will make you think long and hard before you pull a Lethal and kinghit someone into next week. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to your nest installment, thanks for hearing us out. ;)

Yeah it would be good to have something like a 'frustration meter' and when its full you can hit some ******** lol.. obviously other players frustration meter would fill faster than others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FH. Is there any chance that there will be a contact detector or something like that? I have noticed playing that if u look at replays and how the players in the game do screamers etc. the r like half way inside the player that they are screamering. It just lets the game down a little. Like if u do a replay and pause it, your player seems half way through the other player. Or will something like that being in the game take too much memory? Anyway it was just a question....Please reply.

You're referring to the collision model for the players...and yes, the more accurate it is the more expensive it is memory wise. I can guarantee you that if you look at madden or fifa (current gen so xbox or PS2) up close on a replay you'll see players cutting into players.
We were concious of this in 2006 because of the close up nature of the new replay cameras that were made available in that version. We won't be able to dedicate a lot of time to it but we'll do our best to improve it in the time afforded to us.
Keep the questions coming...much appreciated as we know we are identifying the things that matter.

I see you already mentioned the player editing that will be implemented, I think this is crucial, as the biggest disappointment I've had with 2006 is the re-hashing of player names and lack of customising your list to keep it up to date for the following season.
With you new system, It sounds to me like we will finally be able to edit all these fictional players "except stats, and thats fine" and make them our new draftees.
That's all I could hope for.

That was the key reason for adding that functionality this time around. It's just another way of guaranteeing that you feel a part of the game by a) being able to put yourself in there and b) having the ability to custom make the game to suit your needs.

Dont suppose you could tell us if theres gonna be more grounds to play at in this next game?

Dont suppose you could tell us if theres gonna be more grounds to play at in this next game?

Has been stated earlier in this thread that there will indeed be more grounds to play on. :thumbsu:

Quick query FH:
Will it be at all possible to use your career team in other modes, or has the idea been bounced around at all?
With the current inability to use 2 players during a career, I find it disappointing that I cant utilize the team I've put all my hours into, to thrash my mate during a quick game. :(

Has there been any mention of a deteriorating ground, such as the centre square appearing to degenerate during a wet match? or the goal square becoming muddy? Just a thought.

Once again, thanks for listening, I have purchased every incarnation of these AFL games thus far, and am looking forwards to its evolution in the next installment.

Late breaking thought!
Please allow enough characters to be edited so that I can live in the past with a team entirely made up of edited players. "Yes, I wish to relive the 80's, I know you will appreciate the desire :p "

Just an idea which I believe is vital to the game. Rookie listed players need to be included on a team's playing list. In the 06 version, there is no rookie players, so I did not have Tom Logan, Greg Bentley, Tim Looby and Tom Reichbeith on the Power's playing list, and I wanted to play Logan and Bentley.

So please, can we have it so ALL 44 players on each clubs lists are available, not just 40.

Also, can we get the ability to change jumper numbers or assign numbers to new players.

Thanks.

Has been stated earlier in this thread that there will indeed be more grounds to play on. :thumbsu:

Quick query FH:
Will it be at all possible to use your career team in other modes, or has the idea been bounced around at all?
With the current inability to use 2 players during a career, I find it disappointing that I cant utilize the team I've put all my hours into, to thrash my mate during a quick game. :(

Has there been any mention of a deteriorating ground, such as the centre square appearing to degenerate during a wet match? or the goal square becoming muddy? Just a thought.

Once again, thanks for listening, I have purchased every incarnation of these AFL games thus far, and am looking forwards to its evolution in the next installment.

Late breaking thought!
Please allow enough characters to be edited so that I can live in the past with a team entirely made up of edited players. "Yes, I wish to relive the 80's, I know you will appreciate the desire :p "

Answer 1; the idea was floated that you could 'export' your team but unfortunately this won't happen in 07.

Answer 2; we thought about exaggerating deterioration but the truth is that the real grounds don't become affected from the weather due to better drainage these days. We have increased visible ground damage though so it's some compensation.

Answer to late thought; you can change the entire team list of say Hawthorn to match that of the 80's Hawks and play as them I suppose but you lose all the current day players in the process. I know what you mean by the 80's being high in desire.

Just an idea which I believe is vital to the game. Rookie listed players need to be included on a team's playing list. In the 06 version, there is no rookie players, so I did not have Tom Logan, Greg Bentley, Tim Looby and Tom Reichbeith on the Power's playing list, and I wanted to play Logan and Bentley.

So please, can we have it so ALL 44 players on each clubs lists are available, not just 40.

Also, can we get the ability to change jumper numbers or assign numbers to new players.

Thanks.

All listed players will make an appearance in 2007 - this includes rookies so Sydney and Brisbane will have 3 more players to choose from than any other team (just like in real life).

All player numbers can be altered so if they change numbers you can update your team lists. We'll be shipping the game with the latest numbers and player data though. :D

Can you edit any features in players like height or facial features or anything FH?

All listed players will make an appearance in 2007 - this includes rookies so Sydney and Brisbane will have 3 more players to choose from than any other team (just like in real life).

All player numbers can be altered so if they change numbers you can update your team lists. We'll be shipping the game with the latest numbers and player data though. :D

That is awesome to hear. I'll be able to use Alex Lee, Peter Hardy, Nathan Batsanis and Gavin Grose who are on the Power's rookie list for 2007. And good to hear we can change jumper numbers.

So for the Power:
Motlop to wear #4
Lonie #12
Rodan #15
Boak #10

All those plus all other jumper number changes will be in the game! WOOHOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back