AFL 2007 talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry, I'll try to make it clearer.

Basically an overall player rating is derived from 10 stat categories. Given that most player ratings for the kick distance will be low in AFL2007 it'll mean an overall drop in their ratings.

e.g. In AFL2006, Player A rated 90 in all stats categories so has a rating of 90 overall. He can only kick 45m though as a max distance so in AFL2007 his kick distance rating is 50 (remembering that a rating of 50=45m and 100=70m). His overall rating is now 86.

You'll therefore notice an overall drop in player and team ratings for AFL2007 based on how we rate kicking distances this time around.

Wow, just realised, the game will be out next month...

Thanks FH,

now I understand. Can't wait. 1 more month:D

Please make sure Lance Franklin gets a decent kicking stat, he loves roosting it, as Does Deledio :thumbsu:

I take care of all my hawks :p

Actually Franklin's speed is more noticeable from memory - we're at the stage now where the game is going through final testing and approval so if it get's the tick of approval we cannot make any more changes.

I'll check the kicking distance stats of Franklin, Deledio and Notting as I can't remember exactly what we gave them. If we have a chance to change anything I'll make sure their stats sit where you guys want them. I'm pretty confident though that they're pretty close already and wouldn't require too much of a change if at all.

FH, i got a question, you know hwo player had special ratings last year?

for exampled is a guy with "motor" faster then a guy with just 100 speed?

So is afl 2007 being released in june or what?

Because I keep searching for information on it in google and nothing comes up. And you'd think only 4weeks or a bit more out from the realease of a game there would be something like a preview, screenshots or something about it

FH, i got a question, you know hwo player had special ratings last year?

for exampled is a guy with "motor" faster then a guy with just 100 speed?

A guy who is a motor can run just as fast as someone who has a 100 rating but he can run for longer at that pace. What separates the special guys from those who just have a 100 rating in one category is their superior rating in extra categories.

e.g. Lance Franklin could have a 100 rating for pace. Chance Bateman who has the special ability of 'motor' (for example) has a rating of 100 for pace too so he can match Franklin for speed. Buddy has a rating of 70 in stamina whereas Bateman has a 100 rating because of his motor rating. Therefore Bateman will be able to sprint at 100 for longer.

Because I keep searching for information on it in google and nothing comes up. And you'd think only 4weeks or a bit more out from the realease of a game there would be something like a preview, screenshots or something about it

We've been informed that it will be June. With regards to advertising and promotion I have no idea what the plans are as this is done by Sony, not us. If I know of anything coming up I'll let y'all know. :thumbsu:

Don't make Deledio's kicking distance bigger because he occassionally roosts it. Is there a stat/rating which corresponds to how often they roost it etc?

I don't like my chances of having an opportunity to alter any stats to be honest so don't stress.

No, there isn't a stat/rating which corresponds to how often they roost it. The AI and game situation determines whether a long pass/shot or short pass/shot is required from a player so it's not like it's pre-determined that this player will kick long ignoring the game situation. We 'try' to get the guys to play percentage football rather than blast away - that's your job as a human player ;)

4 weeks?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no way brava!

Theyll release the date being June 24 and we'll all get excited and go to buy it on the day and the guy will say "nah mate another 2 weeks" like they have ALWAYS done ALWAYS EVERYTIME are you seriously going to fall for another release date that is isnt true? come on.

FH says june so that means June 30.

Then you add the obligatory 2 weeks on top of that possibly another one like they did one year. My best guess is you will have this game in your hands by around JULY 20th

Ill take any bets.

AFL 2007 - OUT JULY 20th

Ya fooling yaself if you think any earlier.

Wouldnt surprise me if it got as late as august

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot about july!!

but seriously FH when you say june you mean late very late june and sony have always pulled it another 2 weeks what will be any different this time???

so july 20th is reasonable date to expect yes?

It's fair to say it's gonna be mid-late June but there is absolutely no reason why it should drag out any longer.
The only reason I could think of is arranging a good date for a launch with the AFL but you'd think something like that was pre-arranged.
I'm happy to be proven wrong but my money is on late June.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, (no doubt it has in 60 odd pages) but will there be State of Origin?

No state of origin as it doesn't fall under the AFL licence - it's not part of the AFL season so it won't go in. The AFL didn't approve its inclusion.

sorry to bring this up aswell but will ther be any kind of all australian

and one last thing
have you changed the kicking at goal gameplay (hopefully not i like the goal meter down the bottom)

No All-Australian as the mode was not approved.

The goal kicking meter remains as is for 2007 with some slight improvements to speed (the movement of the dial). Also we have increased the effect of the wind so you'll need to factor that into your use of the goal meter.

Who are going to be like the top five-ish players in the game rating wise?

Because last time in 2006 some ratings were a bit off, with Goddard, Deledio, Morris reaching 99. They are no where near their I hope the rating system has improved a little bit :)

Also with the 2006 draftees will they be rated the same way the 05 draftees were? With Murphy on 60, Thomas on 59, Ellis on 58 I think thats how it went. I think the 06 draftees should all be a coupleof points higher because that was the superdraft ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back