AFL 2007 talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

on the afl website theres a small article about the game and Sony announced today it will be released June 28th

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=42717

there are also some screen shots here:

http://palgn.com.au/games.php?id=2331&sid=f9939e8670f470d952b557117f13ac7e

It's amazing how many times you guys get to see this stuff before we do! Man....

With regards to the screenshots guys we have many more on the way and they are of a higher quality so you can really get a look at how the players resemble their real life counterparts. Will let you know when they are available... FH

Hey just looking at the screenshots from AFL 2007

Did anyone notice that in one of the screenshots of the Fremantle Dockers team, that they were wearing their old guernsey from 1995 when they first joined the afl.

So you must be able to choose heritage or old guernseys to play in.

I can't wait for June 28th to get here :thumbsu:

Well observed...yep, you can select uniforms from the 2007 season along with about 100 retro heritage guernseys. The heritage guernseys have no sponsorship and so are just AFL jumpers but they do feature retro numbering and in most cases retro style boots. We've done a lot of work with the guys from footyjumpers.com (thanks again Mero!)
These uniforms are available in all game modes except for training.
:thumbsu:

thats awesome about the jumper.. absolutely unreal! hey you might even get the game out in time before season 2008 starts and then you wont have to completely redo the jumpers all over again

theres no sponsors on the back of the jumpers! i know it doesnt matter, just found it a bit interesting considering they have been in the previous versions

Sponsorship relates directly to the 2007 uniforms. We enquired about retro sponsorship (e.g. Hard Yakka for the pies in the 70's/80s) but it would have required us to seek individual approval from both the retro sponsor, the club and the current sponsors. In the end the task was too monumental but with a lot of thanks to the clubs we were able to include retro heritage jumpers from each team for use in the game.
We also had the old VFL and AFL logos associated with particular jumpers but were told to use the current AFL logo. The 80s uniforms will still feature the three logos down the side of the shorts though! :thumbsu:

will we be able to rename our drafted players

and eye toy always freezes when i press the button to create it its really annoying

The player editor will allow you to edit everything except for the year of birth and the attributes (speed, kick distance etc) because the attributes are altered using development points in the career mode. All generated players can be edited so no more worries about players with dodgy names like Cleve Akermanis.

I'm very confident that the eyetoy bugs are sorted for 2007.

Well observed...yep, you can select uniforms from the 2007 season along with about 100 retro heritage guernseys. The heritage guernseys have no sponsorship and so are just AFL jumpers but they do feature retro numbering and in most cases retro style boots. We've done a lot of work with the guys from footyjumpers.com (thanks again Mero!)
These uniforms are available in all game modes except for training.
:thumbsu:

so we get to choose any jumper to wear for matches in career mode

Sponsorship relates directly to the 2007 uniforms. We enquired about retro sponsorship (e.g. Hard Yakka for the pies in the 70's/80s) but it would have required us to seek individual approval from both the retro sponsor, the club and the current sponsors. In the end the task was too monumental but with a lot of thanks to the clubs we were able to include retro heritage jumpers from each team for use in the game.
We also had the old VFL and AFL logos associated with particular jumpers but were told to use the current AFL logo. The 80s uniforms will still feature the three logos down the side of the shorts though! :thumbsu:
I can imagine it would have been a big hurdle getting all those sponsors - good thinking though. :thumbsu: Sounds like you guys are spending a lot of work on the presentation of the game, which is good - that shot of the Freo players has a good retro feel, takes me back to AFL 99 with the jumpers ;)

Sorry if it's been answered before, but what have you guys done to enhance the gameplay which I'm sure you've identified as a key area of improvement?

For example, will there be a more "natural" marking system? Players seemed to have to plant themselves into a position and then the ball would magnetise into their hands to take a mark in previous versions. I think the player should be able to make his man run to the ball, time his leap and then hold the mark.

It's amazing how many times you guys get to see this stuff before we do! Man....

With regards to the screenshots guys we have many more on the way and they are of a higher quality so you can really get a look at how the players resemble their real life counterparts. Will let you know when they are available... FH

Hey FH,

do u reckon that there will be screenshots of he main menu or the draft screen, trade screen or the player profile screen.

Overall the game is sounding really good:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the release date ;) ... maybe some1 will send me a copy for my birthday! Ill just have to read the manual as i dont have a PS2. Where's the love for XBOX??!!

Is it me, or can you notice a kind of 'depth of field' thing happening in one of those screenshots. See the one looking down the field from about half way....
It's a bit blurred further down the ground where the crowd is...
COOL!!!

i noticed :) does that mean there is manuka oval and carrara? (spelling:confused:)

No we couldn't justify putting all that effort and man hours into making manuka (given the actual number of games played there per season) - something else would have suffered as a result. With regards to Carrara we had very limited reference material so we opted to spend the time on other areas of the game. We have included a training ground specifically for the training mode however that has a real suburban footy feel about it.

Hey FH,

do u reckon that there will be screenshots of he main menu or the draft screen, trade screen or the player profile screen.

Overall the game is sounding really good:D

I'm lead to believe that there are screenshots of the menus available as they were taken for use in the game manual.

Is it me, or can you notice a kind of 'depth of field' thing happening in one of those screenshots. See the one looking down the field from about half way....
It's a bit blurred further down the ground where the crowd is...
COOL!!!

Well observed. It's one of our key graphical improvements. We have a depth of field effect and a bloom effect (the bloom makes whites and similar colours glow a bit). You'll really notice the depth of field when you look down the ground during general play...it really helps to distinguish guys in the foreground.

Well observed. It's one of our key graphical improvements. We have a depth of field effect and a bloom effect (the bloom makes whites and similar colours glow a bit). You'll really notice the depth of field when you look down the ground during general play...it really helps to distinguish guys in the foreground.
Everything sounds, and looks, great. Though the heritage guernseys look awkward with no sponsors.;)

Otherwise, great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back