AFL 2007 talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok phew so you assuring me that the second screenshot is the ball spilling out of a tackle? because in the last game its annoy the $#@%^&(*#$%^&*( out of me when one of my players would just tackle an opponent randomly.

Ok phew so you assuring me that the second screenshot is the ball spilling out of a tackle? because in the last game its annoy the $#@%^&(*#$%^&*( out of me when one of my players would just tackle an opponent randomly.

Yes I can assure you that's what happened. I took the screenshots so I should know :thumbsu:

Soo How long after the game is out do you want us to start telling you how to improve it :p

pretty stupid cause i think i know what the answer will be (wait till the screens come out). but about the rain detail etc. will there be puddles where if you get tackled etc. in them water will splash up or am i going too over the top? :thumbsu:

pretty stupid cause i think i know what the answer will be (wait till the screens come out). but about the rain detail etc. will there be puddles where if you get tackled etc. in them water will splash up or am i going too over the top? :thumbsu:

that would be awesome

There are more intelligent interchanges with the automatic setting. It basically searches for a similar player based on position, then height/weight and finally stamina level. So if your ruckman gets injured you won't see Gary Ablett Jnr going up in the ruck.

Also interchanges used to occur when there was a long enough period of play for the players to go off/on the ground. Now they interchange automatically at the next stoppage in play (like in FIFA).

You can see the stamina levels of players more clearly now and compare them to their direct opponent so you can make better informed interchanges. Unfortunately we didn't get time to put the stamina consideration into AI interchanges (as seen for injuries). But the changes we have made will make things a lot better this time around.
Are you saying that GAJ couldn't ruck :p?

As for that catch-up thingy, it looks quite good, but the other thing to consider (not that it would make a good game) is that depleted teams often sit back and watch the other team thump them. Other than that, it should still be a bit of fun to not dominate as much, although an option to turn it off could be good, seeing as when I lose after leading by that much I get upset and will likely hate the game for it, not that I won't try it out.

Are you saying that GAJ couldn't ruck :p?

As for that catch-up thingy, it looks quite good, but the other thing to consider (not that it would make a good game) is that depleted teams often sit back and watch the other team thump them. Other than that, it should still be a bit of fun to not dominate as much, although an option to turn it off could be good, seeing as when I lose after leading by that much I get upset and will likely hate the game for it, not that I won't try it out.

You bring up a good point that I failed to mention...if the opposition are depleted as far as fit men goes there is no way they can mount a challenge that'll worry you. The more you play the game the more you'll exploit weaknesses such as bad matchups due to injury problems or stamina issues where players tire out. The catch-up logic is designed around an ideal world with ideal conditions and the best players on the field. Changing any of those parameters will change the effectiveness of the AI's ability to stay in the match.

Gameplay will be affected - sluggish player movement and more dropped marks for example but no visual fx made it in this time.

I agree totally that he's having a crackin' year but unfortunately it's too late to change anything now. I used to think he was a complete goose but he's really consistently good this year. (never thought I'd say that publicly tho!)
Anger rising...

Haha, thought so.

Just make them good for next year:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FH, with the catch up thing will the computer always kick goals and never behinds and will the score lines be more realistic this year with something like 15.10.100 or will the computers kick something stupid like 20.0.120.

HLL

FH, with the catch up thing will the computer always kick goals and never behinds and will the score lines be more realistic this year with something like 15.10.100 or will the computers kick something stupid like 20.0.120.

HLL

Nah they shouldn't kick scores like that anymore. We've tweaked the accuracy settings of the players so when they are controlled by the AI (even under dynamic difficulty) it will take into account each player's accuracy rating. Of course, if you allow them to mark dead set in front of goal I doubt they're gonna miss many! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back