AFL 2014 ROUND 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1U - North Melbourne & Over 197.5 @ 2.60 (Centrebet)
1U - Petrie vs Daniher @ 1.60 (Centrebet)
1U - Watson Over 28.5 possessions @ 1.90 (Centrebet)

North is my tip for the game and the total scores should be over 200. Thinking I might add another unit to that. Thanks to Atavistic for the Petrie bet, like that. And now for my contribution, Watson has had over 28.5 in 4 out of the last 5 games against North with the one under being 28. Always likes playing against them and has had some good preseason form. Might add another unit to that as well yet.

EDIT: Adding 1U - Brent Stanton Over 103.5 DT @ 1.87 (Luxbet)

Last edited:
1U on Watson>Goddard DT @ 1.75
.5U on North Melbourne SU @1.50

Was a bit hesitant at first but I believe North have the strength to power through this by a nice margin. Watson will still be Watson regardless and do his bit over Goddard.

Brent Harvey to have more disposals than Dyson Heppell
Drew Petrie to kick at least three goals
Ryan Bastinac to have more disposals than David Zaharakis
Brent Harvey to have at least 30 disposals

$10 to return $555

1U on Watson>Goddard DT @ 1.75
.5U on North Melbourne SU @1.50

The game was 50/50 at the beginning and i realise i should have left out the second bet but punting is punting.
Watson cleaned up very nicely! Very surprised that north put up such a weak fight.

YTD: 2/3 stakes
I'm up 0.9 Units

1U - North Melbourne & Over 197.5 @ 2.60 (Centrebet)
1U - Petrie vs Daniher @ 1.60 (Centrebet)

1U - Watson Over 28.5 possessions @ 1.90 (Centrebet)

EDIT: Adding 1U - Brent Stanton Over 103.5 DT @ 1.87 (Luxbet)

Not a great night

Season Thus Far 3 - 0 - 3, Units Staked: 6, Units Won: 5.72. Overall: -.28U

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main bet - Taking $2.95 on the dons.

We look too strong on the inside, forward line is obviously the weak point but I think we can get it in there enough and the mids will contribute enough goals to get us over the line. North's defence drops off pretty quickly after Scott Thompson and Nathan Grima.

Couple of small bets for the night - Benny Howlett first sausage
- Jake Carlisle most goals
- Stants most possies

I should stay away from the small exotics even though they are fun to watch :)

Cleaned up nicely with my main bet, had a dip on us at $2.45 at lunchtime and when they got out to $2.95 I couldn't help myself and had another go :D

Seeing Dusty getting chaired off after a win in his record breaking game made my night :thumbsu:

Anyone else think Melbourne are good things tomorrow night? (yes, that was strange to type!)

I just don't see how St Kilda can overcome being without Hayes, Montagna and Steven in the midfield - and obviously, Dal Santo is no longer there either.

I know that Melbourne have their issues up forward, but I figure that their obvious superiority in midfield should mean that they generate enough attacking opportunities to kick a winning score. The Saints are also without their best defender in Sam Fisher.

In Riewoldt, St Kilda clearly has the best forward on the ground, but there surely have to be questions as to whether the Saints can get the ball down there enough.

The other potential factor in Melbourne's favour is Paul Roos - it is his first game in charge of his new team, but he has plenty of experience and is coaching against a bloke who will be coaching his first game at AFL level.

I know that Melbourne haven't won at Etihad Stadium in years, but will they ever face a weaker side at the venue?

I just reckon Melbourne would have to REALLY stuff this up to lose this game. It's difficult to have complete faith in a team that has won so rarely over recent years but this really is a game they should be winning.

Thoughts?

Sitting nicely so far with some good punts to come.

Not to disappointed with $100free bet loss on Caddy most disposals group B @ 7$ Will take this line every week if it remains the same. As i expected he is going to play a large role in the midfield this year. He fell marginally short and still managed to gather 20 possessions after spending a large chunk of time off the ground in order to receive 7 stitches to the head from a nasty knock.

1.5u Steve Johnson MD Group 1 @ $3
1u Jobe Watson MD Group 1 @ $3
1.5u David Zaharakis MD Group 2 @ $4

Still to come:
2u on Liam Shiels MD group 2 @4.5
1u on Sam Mitchell MD group 1 @3.5
1.5 on Bernie Vince MD group 1 @4.5

Confident in nailing 2/3 of my remaining punts and increasing my 13u profit from the 1st week of round 1 :)

Anyone else think Melbourne are good things tomorrow night? (yes, that was strange to type!)

I just don't see how St Kilda can overcome being without Hayes, Montagna and Steven in the midfield - and obviously, Dal Santo is no longer there either.

I know that Melbourne have their issues up forward, but I figure that their obvious superiority in midfield should mean that they generate enough attacking opportunities to kick a winning score. The Saints are also without their best defender in Sam Fisher.

In Riewoldt, St Kilda clearly has the best forward on the ground, but there surely have to be questions as to whether the Saints can get the ball down there enough.

The other potential factor in Melbourne's favour is Paul Roos - it is his first game in charge of his new team, but he has plenty of experience and is coaching against a bloke who will be coaching his first game at AFL level.

I know that Melbourne haven't won at Etihad Stadium in years, but will they ever face a weaker side at the venue?

I just reckon Melbourne would have to REALLY stuff this up to lose this game. It's difficult to have complete faith in a team that has won so rarely over recent years but this really is a game they should be winning.

Thoughts?

Where is this obvious superiority in the midfield you talk about?

Still the worst midfield in the comp.

Jack Trengove To Get 20 or More Disposals 1.74 & Daniel Cross To Get 25 or More Disposals 2.05 on Sportsbet. Will be throwing these in a few multis.

Had a good night with the Bombers getting up and Zaharakis getting a lot of the ball.
Will tally it all up at the end of the Round 1 so as to not clog up the thread.

Hawthorn Hawks vs. Brisbane Lions:

2U - Redden > Roughead DT @ $1.88 (Sportsbet)
1U - D Zorko > 78.5 DT @ $1.87 (Luxbet)
1U - Brisbane +46.5 @ $1.93 (Bet365)
  • Not sold on the Hawks continuing their ripping pre-season form, have seen too many cases of teams dominating in the pre-season and then sluggish to start with.
  • Was actually thinking that the Lions might cause an upset.
  • Lions actually have a very good midfield in Rockliff, Redden, Rich, Zorko.
  • This team shouldn't be getting a 46-point start in Round 1 of 2014, they took down the Bombers at Etihad last year and almost got on top of the Cats (Inconsequential game for the Cats I know).
  • Redden has had a good pre-season and think he will thrive under a coach/Black's departure. Conditions not great down at Tassie so can't see Roughead scoring taking too many marks/scoring goals.
  • Zorko should get more time in the midfield this year and 78 is a low line.

1U Hawks HT/FT Double @ 1.24
1U Vince >87.5 DT @ 1.75
1U Melbourne SU @ 1.67

While I am a rather new to punting (mainly just for fun but I do try to make some smart bets), it definitely makes watching the game even more fun than it already is and gives me the chance to take a new outlook on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back