Some nice looking early markets around for round 2 (sportsbet):

West Coast line -18.5 over Melbourne at $1.85

North line -20.5 over Bulldogs at $1.85

GWS $2.10 to win over St Kilda

Some nice looking early markets around for round 2 (sportsbet):

West Coast line -18.5 over Melbourne at $1.85

North line -20.5 over Bulldogs at $1.85

GWS $2.10 to win over St Kilda

Have fun with that. GWS over st kilda for sure. But I would multi that into st kilda winning teh spoon aswell for some value ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about dogs over north? :p

You know what, the way we played on Friday night it wouldn't surprise me :(

Is the sportsbet promo just for round 2 as well? Pretty sure it is just checking...

At the moment I'm eyeing off, will place on thursday when i see teams

Head to Head bets on sportsbet:

Brisbane H2H @ 3.75

- In the two meetings between the sides in 2013, the Lions took it right up to the Cats winning by 5pts in Rd 13 after an amazing comeback and losing by only 1pt in Rd 23.
- Even if the Lions don't win i predict it to be a close contest.

Western Bulldogs H2H @ 2.85

- If North come out with that bruise free footy we saw on Friday night.
The Dogs will run right over the top as they are becoming a strong contested footy side.
- Goldstein could potentially be out for 3 months, meaning Dan Currie will most likely make his debut after an average NAB cup showing.

Collingwood H2H @ 2.80

- Strong record in recent times against the Swans in Sydney, both teams will be out to prove something after disappointing loses.
- Think Collingwoods midfield engine of Swan & Pendlebury will get on top with the nice ruckwork of Grundy

Essendon H2H @ 2.80

- As much as i hate to admit it, Essendon were impressive. I think they will continue their tradition of great early season form and take it up to the Hawks.
- Chapman, Watson & Goddard to have a big night again
- Essendon play Etihad Stadium much better than the Hawks

Multi:

Essendon (+16.5)
Collingwood (+17.5)
Brisbane (+28.5)
Western Bulldogs (+16.5)

@ 11.71

Essendon H2H @ 2.80

- As much as i hate to admit it, Essendon were impressive. I think they will continue their tradition of great early season form and take it up to the Hawks.
- Chapman, Watson & Goddard to have a big night again

Essendon were horrible, fortunately for them North were absolutely abysmal.

- Essendon play Etihad Stadium much better than the Hawks

You may want to do the research on this champ.

Screw it, I'll do it for you... last year the Hawks beat them there by 56, the year before by 94.

Hawks havent lost at Etihad since 2010.

-Scans cleared Goldy and North are confident he will play. As seen with Swallow Norths medical team don't take unnecessary risks (early talk Swallow could push to return early midseason but he won't be back til past the halfway mark) - and I would think if Goldy wasn't 100% we would play Currie and then just try to shark off Minson and just hope Currie can go with big Will around the ground.

-Hawks are pretty damn good at Etihad (they are pretty damn good anywhere to be honest). Be careful here, Essendon were impressive and people saying "Essendon were horrible" clearly don't understand how good a coach Bomber is and that they do have an excellent midfield (as seen by their first 4 months every year), but still...Mitchell/Hodge/Lewis is a different proposition in terms of contested ball, Shiels will go with Watson and at the very least put him under a lot of pressure (so he won't be getting 39 @ 80%...might still get 35 but he won't have the time to hit up targets as well), McEvoy/Hale will push Ryder, the Hawks defence are not going to be as susceptible one-on-one as our defence was, and Roughead/Gunston are harder to match up on than Petrie/Black (as well as Hale/O'Brien). Hawks at $1.42 aren't great value but I reckon they are strong favourites for a reason.

-That multi isn't bad though

Screw it, I'll do it for you... last year the Hawks beat them there by 56, the year before by 94.

I wouldn't say Essendon were horrible, considering the had 3 debutants their effort was strong.
I suppose Hawthorn is another thing all together though...

Ok i was wrong there, i suppose the Hawks haven't lost many games anywhere over the last few years.
Worth a punt if the sportsbet promo is still on though.

And you may want to take up your advice and do some research. In 2012 the Hawks won by 94 when Essendon had many out due to soft tissue injuries and was barely doing any running on the training track due to this. In 2013 the supplements saga had taken its toll on the whole group as you could see the results towards the end of the year.

Lance Franklin who is generally good for 5 goals plus is not there anymore.

This game will be a lot closer than the past 2 results. Being played early in the year is a plus for Essendon.

For those betting only $100 or less on HH bets at Sportsbet - Promotion.

Tigers-Blues - 4 of the last 5 games have had the losing team lead at the end of a qtr:eek:
(last 2 games - losing teams led at ^.....)

Power-Crows - 3 of the last 5 games have had the losing team lead at the end of a qtr:eek:
(last 2 games - losing teams led at ^.....)

As always check for yourself lol, I sometimes make the odd mistake. :oops::p

At first glance I'm liking Richmond, might wait for the teams but St Kilda could be worth a look. Hawthorn should get up but they weren't super impressive against Brissy. North surely win, Brisbane could be interesting... might be a worth a look on the money back promo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back