AFL 2014 ROUND 2

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda +2.5 & Carlton +7.5 @ $.368 is what I will probably be taking. Hoping it doesn't swing the other way because obviously I will wait for teams etc.

Saints - Riewoldt, Montagna, Hayes, Dempster, Fisher. Pretty good, experienced top 5. All still perform. Etihad is a different proposition to Blacktown? in the rain. Risky betting on 2 likely bottom 4 teams but I reckon Saints will adapt better.

Only Tigers win over Carlton in last 10 was by 5. No Judd makes a difference but Tiges may have a couple out too. Neither side here is clearly better than the other imo, so will wait & see for teams but will most likely take the +

Any thoughts on the Essendon/Hawthorn total points line of 196.5. Too awkwardly in the spot of where they might score?

Essendon were horrible, fortunately for them North were absolutely abysmal.

We weren't up to Richmond's Rd 1 sublime standard that's for sure.

We were not ultra impressive but we have a new forward line and a new coach so it's going to take a while to all come together on game day but I think we can only improve from here. It was a good rd 1 showing with everything considered :thumbsu:

We weren't up to Richmond's Rd 1 sublime standard that's for sure.

We were not ultra impressive but we have a new forward line and a new coach so it's going to take a while to all come together on game day but I think we can only improve from here. It was a good rd 1 showing with everything considered :thumbsu:

Cant argue with that, Richmond were terrible and showed why they will forever be a no-bet team.

And yep, considering the injuries and the off-field dramas Essendons performace probably wasnt that bad - however, I think most other teams would have beaten you last week. At the end of the day all you can do is beat whats in front of you so :thumbsu:

All over the under 184.5 between blues v tiges.

BOM and the weather channel are forecasting rain for Thursday and Friday across all Victoria,Melbourne looks like it get between 10-25mm.

The unders total yesterday was 193.5.

All over the under 184.5 between blues v tiges.

BOM and the weather channel are forecasting rain for Thursday and Friday across all Victoria,Melbourne looks like it get between 10-25mm.

The unders total yesterday was 193.5.

You better hope it rains though, because the last 3 matches have gone over 200 points.

I think your bet will get up though :thumbsu:

All over Port this weekend. Even though the Crows played pretty respectfully against Geelong for the first 3 quarters, I can't see them getting up against a very good Port team who played terrifically against us. It will be a close match, as the Showdowns normally are, but can see Port getting away a bit in the second half. Can see the line sneaking out to almost double what it is now as the week progresses.

2U - Port Adelaide -6.5 @ $1.92 (Sportsbet)

Also liking the Over for this game. 3 out of the last 5 have covered it with 1 of the scores not covered being 190. Only other game at AO was Port vs Melbourne which was a total of 216. 28 degrees and partly cloudy for the game at this stage. Can see both teams scoring pretty highly.

1.5U - Over 191.5 @ 1.91 (Bet 365)

Will keep my eye on the Essendon line as well, thinking that game will be pretty close if Essendon play like they did the other night. Just depends on whether the Hawks are switched on right for the first bounce and whether their key defenders can hold up against Daniher and Carlisle.

Last edited:
FWIW I like these underdog H2Hs:

Carl
GWS
Crows

Alhough I usually like the Pies against Syd up there, I think Syd will come out pissed this time and run over Collingwood in a wet game.
Also, WB might have some value despite their terrible trip west on the w/e.. I base this on nothing but my theory that the Roos often like to lose when they're favourites and win when they're underdogs.

I'm a bit concerned about West Coast after Round 1.

They only beat the bulldogs by 10 goals. With there fwd line and how disinterested the bulldogs played they should have won by over 100.

Big concerns going forward for the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions around 25pts start is the one that interests me.
Home deck pretty low on injuries and a really good on ball division.
Forward line is a worry but Cats have their problems down there too.

Money is coming for the Bombers and even being early in the year If
the line hits -15.5 Hawthorn are a back for me.

Taking aside their 'curse' team Geelong, Hawks have lost to Richmond and
Sydney in the GF in their last 35 matches.
They have close to a full on ball division and that forward you just cannot
stop them kicking over a 100pts when indoors.
Bombers just about made 100 last week with 60 inside 50's.
IMO too much is being made of Bombers tall forwards running
riot.

I'm tipping the bombers to win this,no buddy and Essendon have added chappy and bomber to the mix.

Did you know we kick higher scores and have a better winning % without Buddy?
Buddy leaving does not hurt us, in fact it makes us more diverse and unpredictable. Against Brisbane we scored 130 odd on a ground that traditionally is low scoring and we were in 2nd gear for the day. I will say categorically with zero hesitation that we will beat essendon, won't flog them but 35 odd points :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back