Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Swans v Cats Fri June 30th 7:50pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if the kicking wasn't the best, it was still a great game to watch. Not sure why people complain when the result could go either way up until the final few seconds.

While frustrating at times, it was an entertaining game being such an arm wrestle.

Assume the call of Danger being ‘miserable’ was when the camera panned to him just after the final siren. Who’s going to be laughing after playing 4 quarters of football for a draw?
No. I was just looking at his face during his interview and thought about it. I wouldn't be trying to analyze it too much. No real science behind it.

Even if the kicking wasn't the best, it was still a great game to watch. Not sure why people complain when the result could go either way up until the final few seconds.

While frustrating at times, it was an entertaining game being such an arm wrestle.
Yep
Definitely better than Thursday night game

Don’t mind 50 being ignored here.

I get that rules are rules but 50 meters in those situations are for defenders stymieing the flow of play - Danger was always going to take a shot so didn’t impact the play to mess with him here
On this

Why isn’t anyone talking about the fact it wasn’t even a mark in the first place , bounced off the back of the pack .
Hence the Sydney players wanting to play on , the players made the right call .

Do the Swans practice kicking? Seems like an important facet of the game.

I'll take the 2 points. We played like s**t at an interstate home deck where we probably should have lost comfortably but still got something out of it and now in the 8.
It's only Friday night.. you'll be out the 8 by the end of the weekend. Most likely by tomorrow afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the AFL would have set the two 2023 matches between the Grand finalists and thought these will be fantastic, both were rubbish, both sides are a shell of their former selves.

Geelong are the interesting one. Still heavily reliant on older players.

Swans have a lot more youth and were probably let down by their senior players more than their junior.

Confusing a close game with a good game. Trash skills make for a bad game.
Did we keep count at the number of Blood's shots on goal that went out of bounds.

Geelong are the interesting one. Still heavily reliant on older players.

Swans have a lot more youth and were probably let down by their senior players more than their junior.
For sure

I can’t see how they (the cats)fast track some of these young guys either, I am generally a bit of a pessimistic football follower though, but I like many cats on here have childhood trauma from 89-95

Confusing a close game with a good game. Trash skills make for a bad game.
Did we keep count at the number of Blood's shots on goal that went out of bounds.
But was it entertaining or did you switch off and do something else?

Abysmal game… cats have chance to go to 5th at least for a day or two and they turn up in the first half and allow swans to waltz it up the field and take so many uncontested marks in the forward half. Terrible mindset …that should’ve been punished by wasteful swans… Scott turned it around at half time… and stopped the swans flow but couldn’t get it done! Blakey another half back that dominates Geelong… season long thing!

Back