Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Bombers v Dogs Fri July 21st 7:50pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon-vs-Bulldogs.png

8th v 7th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 19
ESSENDON V WESTERN BULLDOGS
FRIDAY JULY 21ST 7:50PM EST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
BOMBERS

B: A. McGrath, B. Zerk-Thatcher, J. Laverde
HB: M. Redman, J. Ridley, J. Kelly
C: N. Martin, Z. Merrett - C, S. Durham
HF: M. Guelfi, K. Langford, J. Caldwell
F: W. Snelling, P. Wright, J. Stringer
FOLL:N. Bryan, D. Parish, B. Hobbs

I/C: N. Cox, A. Perkins, D. Heppell, A. Phillips
EMG: N. Hind, K. Baldwin, A. Davey Jnr, J. Menzie

In: N. Cox, A. Phillips
OUT: S. Weideman (Omitted), J. Menzie (Omitted), N. Hind (Sub)

BULLDOGS
B: L. Vandermeer, R. Gardner, J. Bruce
HB: B. Dale, A. Keath, E. Richards
C: C. Poulter, M. Bontempelli - C, O. Baker

HF: J. Macrae, A. Naughton, A. Treloar
F: C. Weightman, J. Ugle-Hagan, A. Scott
FOLL:T. English, C. Daniel, T. Liberatore

I/C: B. Smith, R. West, T. Duryea, B. Khamis
EMG: B. Williams, R. Lobb, J. Sweet, R. Garcia

In: J. Bruce, O. Baker, B. Smith, B. Khamis
OUT: B. Williams (Omitted), L. McNeil (Illness), S. Darcy (Injured), J. O’Donnell (Injured), R. Garcia (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

CHALLENGE GAME – GIVING CANCER THE BOOT

The Bombers’ annual Tackling Childhood Cancer game will take place at Marvel Stadium on Friday night against Western Bulldogs. Challenge is a not-for-profit that supports children and their families living with cancer.

In partnership with Challenge, proudly the Club’s charity partner for over 20 years, the Bombers will wear the Challenge logo on their guernsey which will also feature the yellow armband, inspired by former premiership player and cancer survivor Adam Ramanauskas.

Movingly, 22 Challenge children will run out on to the ground hand-in-hand with their AFL heroes before the Bombers face the Bulldogs.

Last edited:

The loser probably misses finals the winner probably makes finals. A genuine 8 point game neither team can be trusted. Both teams rely so much on their top players to perform and do not get an even spread. It may come down who has the most influence The Bont or Zach Merrett.

Is there some kind of record for most consecutive games played by a key forward without actually scoring a goal? Because Sam Weidemann must be close to owning it. No idea how he hasn’t been dropped yet, what a spud.

Still, bombers to bounce back. Sorry Doggies!

Is there some kind of record for most consecutive games played by a key forward without actually scoring a goal? Because Sam Weidemann must be close to owning it. No idea how he hasn’t been dropped yet, what a spud.

You just know that if he is selected again, pencil him down for 4 goals.
Essendon by 13 points.

Both teams have only beaten one team inside the top eight all season. So never understood why both teams have gotten hyped up at some points during the season. Both teams in a battle for the Overrated Cup, with a finals spot on the line. The loser could end the round as far back as 12th, and do not deserve to play finals.

No prediction from me. As either team can win it, a real 50/50 game where any result, no matter how big or small, would not surprise me for many reasons, whether a 10 point win or a 40 point win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

welcome to our world.

Worth the risk I reckon, he played a great elimination final against the Cats in 2018- the talent is there.
Goddamn is he cooked in the head though.

No issues with the risk....he would be on a peanut contract so its barely a risk in the first place, but you got to know when to drop them.

He had a mediocre first 7 games and then a complete abysmal 10 games.

Essendon has a culture of feeding games into out of form footballers. We dont have competition for spots. Essendon won't change any time soon until we have competition for the senior team. Which is a basic requirement for any club pushing for finals.

Just one big superannuation fund sometimes.

Last edited:
Like Geelong, The Pups are another team who own us mentally, generally just toy with us.

Unfortunately mental strength isn't something you can ascribe to either team this year against the better sides. A resistable force against a movable object.

I'll probably tip my team given recent history in these games and the fact they're (rightly) being given a serve in the footy media this week, but wouldn't surprise me if Essendon's ball movement carved up our midfield and backline in transition and they won by 5-6 goals.

Unfortunately mental strength isn't something you can ascribe to either team this year against the better sides. A resistable force against a movable object.

I'll probably tip my team given recent history in these games and the fact they're (rightly) being given a serve in the footy media this week, but wouldn't surprise me if Essendon's ball movement carved up our midfield and backline in transition and they won by 5-6 goals.
No Hutchy ! You’re sitting on the fence here mate !

He hasn't lined up against our defenders yet to be fair

Back