Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 6 - GWS v Lions Sat April 22nd 4:35pm AEST (Manuka Oval)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't control the fixture Mick. Just got to beat Melbourne & Collingwood when we can.

So far so good.
Yeah, I know. I just mean the good teams really get going in the back half of the year. The eventual premiers usually go on a winning streak towards the end of the season. Being in the right form at the right time is obviously the important thing.

Not disregarding notching up the wins while you need to though that's for sure. As a crows supporter I'm just happy with every 4 points we can get to give ourselves half a chance of seeing finals.

I'll give you reasons off the top of my head since you've asked but I doubt you'll agree with them, I know I wouldn't if it was my team.

Hipwood - Goes missing alot.
Daniher - Never liked him at Essendon. Don't like him at Brisbane. Overrated early in his career. Misses under pressure.
Charlie Cameron - Didn't like him at the end of his time with us, don't like him at Brisbane. Arrogant, look at me type player. Thinks his s**t don't stink.
Andrews- Lippy. Overrated imo.
Neale - Actually liked him at Freo. Thought he was underrated in his Brownlow year - which obviously wasn't the case since he won the Brownlow. But I thought he was a solid honest footballer. Has since shown himself to also be arrogant and just a bit of a douche imo.
Zorko- Also lippy and overrated imo.

And overriding all of that is I think ALL the players I listed get up and about when they play teams worse than them, get full of themselves, then go missing against good opposition and get put in their place. No good beating up on s**t sides and being full of yourselves when you can't do it against the good sides.

Just my 2c outside looking in.
Totally get Zorko.
Daniher to a degree although missing under pressure would surely be a reason for his own supporters to have issues not others.
Cameron - yeah a show-boater, does whinge a bit too much for frees.

Neale - hmm getting tenuous but he does talk a big game.

Andrews lippy? To his own players maybe.

You hate Hipwood because he goes missing? You must hate a lot players!

Anyway I am enjoying the crows coming good as my father in law is a massive fan. Glad Hinge and Keays are part of it, thought they were unlucky at the lions. Suspect it will be very hard to win in Adelaide this year even though that Richmond loss was pretty ordinary. You will start favourites in our clash i suspect and if not i'll be having a punt on the crows ha.

Get going in the finals when it matters... Not against the "flag faves" in round 2 and 4 lol.
But... Didn't we do this last year when we beat Tigers at home and then Melbourne at the MCG for finals? Didn't we get going in those finals? Obviously we got belted by Geelong, so too did the grand finalists Sydney, who lost by a bigger margin (and who we beat last year as well).

Would have thought as a fellow non-vic side a bit of mutual understanding of the 'away' landscape would have been there. I guess you just don't like us, and that's fine too :)

Back