Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Dogs v Cats Sat April 6th 8:10pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Dogs by a lot

• Cats by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't written him off as a bust. I was simply keeping people accountable who listed Clark amongst a bunch of names when suggesting Wells was a savvy recruiter or evidence that Geelong can develop players etc. I was simply pumping the brakes and reminding them that Clark hasn't shown that he is afl standard yet.

Then Geelong fans were telling me about how good he is, only for him to be subbed. Then I was told it's for load management. Which is clearly not true. Then he was dropped and I hear nothing.
When you're replying to one poster it's probably better to use the quote button rather than generalise to a whole supporter base with a gotcha. The consensus opinion among Geelong supporters is that any minutes Clark gets this season are valuable ones for his development after missing most of last year, but that he is not yet ready. Our more mature midfielders have performed better, which is not surprising at all.

I'm not sure why that's so mind blowing.

People are still happy that we got Bowes and Clark for a packet of chips though. I'm assuming this is the bit that annoys you?

When you're replying to one poster it's probably better to use the quote button rather than generalise to a whole supporter base with a gotcha. The consensus opinion among Geelong supporters is that any minutes Clark gets this season are valuable ones for his development after missing most of last year, but that he is not yet ready. Our more mature midfielders have performed better, which is not surprising at all.

I'm not sure why that's so mind blowing.

People are still happy that we got Bowes and Clark for a packet of chips though. I'm assuming this is the bit that annoys you?
It wasn't one. it was 5 or 6. Not 1 Geelong fan could even acknowledge that he'd been poor. Clark is an inside mid that when drafted was slated to play almost immediately aka Joel Selwood. Even despite the injuries he's had time to become a regular best 22 player and he should be ahead of several others. I'm sure if I went back to his debut year many supporters would've been spruiking him as a guy who would have immediate impact.

It wasn't one. it was 5 or 6. Not 1 Geelong fan could even acknowledge that he'd been poor. Clark is an inside mid that when drafted was slated to play almost immediately aka Joel Selwood. Even despite the injuries he's had time to become a regular best 22 player and he should be ahead of several others. I'm sure if I went back to his debut year many supporters would've been spruiking him as a guy who would have immediate impact.
5 or 6 people said he was subbed off for game-load/management purposes only? All were adamant Clark is best 22? Can you show me these 6 and prove this reflects our entire supporter base?

No such thing was said for your last sentence. Why bother making things up?

People have merely called out your obsession in writing his career off so early. It ain't that deep.

5 or 6 people said he was subbed off for game-load/management purposes only? All were adamant Clark is best 22? Can you show me these 6 and prove this reflects our entire supporter base?

No such thing was said for your last sentence. Why bother making things up?

People have merely called out your obsession in writing his career off so early. It ain't that deep.
5 or 6 geelong fans stated that me not rating Jhye Clark was apparent trolling.

I can't as I was removed from the thread by a Geelong mod because heaven forbid I didn't rate Jhye Clark..so ridiculous.

You were comparing him to Lachie Neale and Caleb Serong in the pre-season or at least liking comments of people comparing him to stars of the game. At this stage, he is much more likely to be Darcy Lang than Caleb Serong

5 or 6 geelong fans stated that me not rating Jhye Clark was apparent trolling.

I can't as I was removed from the thread by a Geelong mod because heaven forbid I didn't rate Jhye Clark..so ridiculous.

You were comparing him to Lachie Neale and Caleb Serong in the pre-season or at least liking comments of people comparing him to stars of the game. At this stage, he is much more likely to be Darcy Lang than Caleb Serong
No I was asking for 5 or 6 posters concerning this load management gotcha you are spinning.

Comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit.

Someone asked what type of player Clark could develop into. Playing style, not quality. He would be in a Neale or Serong mould based on his attributes and junior football. Not a Rozee or Petracca.

The question was not "how good will he be? Which players career will he match?". I've made absolutely no claims about that. I have always considered him a fringe player for 2024, where any minutes are a bonus. The verdict remains out, as it is for quite a few small-bodied midfielders with just a few AFL and VFL games under their belt. It's you that has arrived with rock hard conclusions and no little amount of mocking.

You then generalised one poster saying he was subbed for load management and attempted to spin this as some supporter wide consensus that Clark is in our current best 22 and playing great. Odd to say the least.

This is one of the most pathetic attempts at a gotcha I have ever seen, and that is saying something.

Back