Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Eagles v Freo Sat April 20th 8:10pm AEST/6:10pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

hate to say it but the game is so much better when West Coast are back to the team they have always been.

More to the point, I think the competition suffers whenever any team is uncompetitive - no matter which one it is. Not only does it make those games a bummer for everyone, it also makes the uneven fixturing more of a problem.
Everyone can use a good humbling once in a while, but when there's seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel it's not good for anyone.

The Eagles sucking is actually one of the less-bad scenarios for the AFL, since we have still drawn solid crowds and solid TV numbers while stinking it up, as opposed to home games turning into a barren wasteland that can happen with some teams.
But fans at least having a shred of hope of a competitive game is pretty important.

There are still a lot of b-graders running around in our 22 so I'm not sure yet how to project where we might finish on the ladder this season, but suddenly it at least feels possible to put some more wins together.
B-graders can be useful when given some genuine belief & spirit. So much of footy is mental, and the players have snapped out of the doldrums now. Thank you to the injury gods for finally giving us a break from your s**t, and thank you to Harley & the kids for livening the place up.

* me you West Coast fans are a precious lot.

"Oh know the big bad Cats fan thought the carry on of a Brownlow vote, trophy presentation and victory lap for a round 6 game was a bit much."

Anyone would think I said your club was s**t and should fold.

Mind you I never even mentioned the fans, I was only talking about the embarrassing ceremony afterwards, fans can celebrate all they like.
There's heaps of trophies/medals between clubs that you seem oblivious to. Derby is just one of many.

* me you West Coast fans are a precious lot.

"Oh know the big bad Cats fan thought the carry on of a Brownlow vote, trophy presentation and victory lap for a round 6 game was a bit much."

Anyone would think I said your club was s**t and should fold.

Mind you I never even mentioned the fans, I was only talking about the embarrassing ceremony afterwards, fans can celebrate all they like.
There's a lot of proliferol entertainment associated with top level popular sport these days.

My own opinion is spectators can take it or leave it. I really don't much like Americanisation of the national sporting culture with instant sugar hits and that type of gratification tacked onto everything for a few extra sponsorship dollars .

But pretty sure there will be a medal presented for BOG at the Anzac day match and at the SA showdown and a few other rivalry games in Melbourne. Just the way it is and like I say spectators can take it or leave it.

Where's a good FLOOD when you need one hey!
Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t watch the post game but laughable voting that Reid didn’t get the medal. Far and away best on ground, his influence was noticeable every time he went near it.

I would’ve gone

3. Reid
2. Waterman
1. Yeo
Without Yeo being fit & finally injury free & Kelly, Ginbey loose, Reid would'nt be able to do what he does. Team effort.

Back