Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - GWS v Lions Thurs April 25th 7:35pm AEST (Manuka)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We play Gold Coast, Adelaide, Richmond and Hawthorn over the next month and we'll probably start favourites in all 4 of them, I'm not writing the season off yet even though the media cycle will say so this week.

Teams are figuring out that with our key forwards if you slow us down and make us bomb it in, we are extremely unsuited to this style. 2 weeks ago vs Melbourne we adjusted really well, last night obviously we couldn't.

We play Gold Coast, Adelaide, Richmond and Hawthorn over the next month and we'll probably start favourites in all 4 of them, I'm not writing the season off yet even though the media cycle will say so this week.

Teams are figuring out that with our key forwards if you slow us down and make us bomb it in, we are extremely unsuited to this style. 2 weeks ago vs Melbourne we adjusted really well, last night obviously we couldn't.
Finals are possible if Brisbane get on a run. Top 4 is already an incredibly low chance. I'd say they could get through that run 3-1, putting them at 5-8. Leaving an 8-2 run home possibly required for finals. Not too many more slip ups remain, already.

Finals are possible if Brisbane get on a run. Top 4 is already an incredibly low chance. I'd say they could get through that run 3-1, putting them at 5-8. Leaving an 8-2 run home possibly required for finals. Not too many more slip ups remain, already.
If we got through that run 3-1 then we'd be 5-6 not 5-8.

Anyway difficult but possible, our draw so far has been one of the hardest but our draw from here would be one of the easier ones. Just need to get some confidence and consistency back.

But it’s a bit like when the Lions thumped us a month ago. Sure it’s 4 points. Sure it stopped the vultures and Brisbane were claiming they’re back and there’s no issues at the club etc.

But clearly there’s a huge gap between Brisbane & the top sides that didn’t exist last year and beating the rabbles won’t change that.

If we got through that run 3-1 then we'd be 5-6 not 5-8.

Anyway difficult but possible, our draw so far has been one of the hardest but our draw from here would be one of the easier ones. Just need to get some confidence and consistency back.
Sorry, my brain is not working today.

But I agree, it IS too early to write the season off. But this has put the need for a strong 6 weeks or so on close to emergency level.

Carlton actually had the best under 19 system in the country. 80% of our premiership players came from the under 19 system.

Most recently was Kouta, Christou, Rattan, Hanna, Dean, Sexton, Silvagni before the draft toolk our "academy" away. If all clubs had an academy like you blokes - normal dominance in normalcy resumes in earnest,
6 out of 22 wouldn’t be 80% I wouldn’t have thought- you didn’t need an academy you just needed paper bags.

your tears are delicious :tearsofjoy:

don't worry you have an easy month coming... might just jag some wins to paper over the cracks
Imagine after 30 years you would be all cried out. Carlton-the self appointed ‘big’ club besides the obvious lack of any success for a very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha the club and supporters are more than happy to tell us they are still one of the ‘big’ clubs - But but but in the 80’s……🙄 do people still say ‘much’
wtf, it's got nothing to do with what the supporters say lol

We have massive supporter bases everywhere in the country (probably only second to coll), the most attended games, the most watched on telly. Foundation club. That's what makes us big, win or lose, nothing self proclaimed about it.

Anyway that's the last I'll say on it. Not gonna keep banging on about my team in a gws/lions matchday thread.

We have massive supporter bases everywhere in the country (probably only second to coll), the most attended games, the most watched on telly. Foundation club. That's what makes us big, win or lose, nothing self proclaimed about it.

Anyway that's the last I'll say on it. Not gonna keep banging on about my team in a gws/lions matchday thread.
Account to content ratio S tier

The way you are currently playing, Gold Coast will beat you by a couple of goals.
Adelaide will belt North and if they were to cause the upset the following week against Port (they tend to lift for those showdowns), I think they will also beat you given it's at footy park.

The way you are currently playing, Gold Coast will beat you by a couple of goals.
Adelaide will belt North and if they were to cause the upset the following week against Port (they tend to lift for those showdowns), I think they will also beat you given it's at footy park.
Yeah it could definitely go either way and Adelaide are a bit like us at the moment, hot and cold.

View attachment 1969764

In an attempt to rebrand and get their season back on track, Chris Fagan has been attempting to motivate the Lions by binge watching F-Troop with the team prior to and after training sessions. Fagan thought it would be a great bonding activity to give each player a T-shirt bearing his image on the front and F-Troop on the back. A number of Senior players refused to wear them.
I TIPPED THIS - TIME TO SACK FAGAN. HIS F TROOP APPROACH TO COACHING ISN'T WORKING ANY MORE!

Sorry to burst your bubble Bongo, but according to Roy Morgan Research, the most supported team in the AFL is the Swans, followed by Collingwood, then Brisbane and then West Coast.

Back