Poo Mega Thread AFL asking Eagles to delay bye so Richmond doesnt need to travel twice to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re unfairly complaining about the AFL ensuring that players get as close to the conditions as they negotiated.

You don’t see this happening in other industries where people say —- “Waiters shouldn’t get their breaks today because I want another cup of coffee”
I wasn’t complaining about them getting their entitlements, I was responding to someone that made it sound so unfair if they didn’t get their ‘annual leave’. I pointed out that their annual leave is still generous so I’ll save my tears. I’m not bothered that they have the bye, but I’m not going to rally for them to have it either.

You seem to still not understand. The premise of this thread was that Richmond were complaining about having to travel to Perth twice in 3 weeks, and so asked the afl to bring the game forward so they could remain in Perth for the week in between games, and therefore only make one coast-coast-coast round trip instead of two. Your own post reinforces this, as you say you find it funny, since WA teams travel regularly, and that Richmond should just suck it up.

after the game was brought forward, Richmond decided - off their own bat - that they would fly back to Sydney in between their 2 Perth games, which are only one week apart. This shows that they were never complaining about having to travel to Perth twice, and they weren’t complaining about something WA teams routinely do - they volunteered to make the coast-coast-coast round trip twice in just over a week, even though they didn’t have to, since they could have stayed in Perth and only done that trip once.

If you have actually understood that, then your post about ‘finding it funny’ and sucking it up and doing what WA teams routinely do makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I can’t believe that I am actually having to explain this.
I was replying specifically to a comment about the fairness, not what actually happened.

The difference being that WCE and Fremantle go from their own bed, to a hotel room, and then back to their own bed. Richmond will go from a hotel, to a hotel, and then back to a hotel. Some of the players have wives and young children they're unable to see.
I'm not sure the effect would be as significant as you're claiming. Unfortunately, I doubt we'd have enough data to make comparisons between the W.A. teams that have done this journey vs. non-W.A. teams, since this very rarely happens.

The actual thread title is wrong.

Richmond will travel to Perth twice. They flew back to Sydney because the hard lockdown in Perth wouldn't allow them even out their apartment for air.

So change the thread title, making Richmond sound privileged. When in reality, the players are once again, away from their families.

It doesn't really matter - every club is going to get some wins and losses out of the fixture changes

We had a win playing Carlton away from their home ground.

The only thing I don't really understand is why it matters being this round or next - Richmond aren't exactly going home for a while are they?

They are likely to be in Sydney for a while now - so why not enjoy the bye and come back afterwards.

The only reason this really counts against WC is due to our side being pretty banged up at the moment - but that's luck of the draw

That's alright buddy. We know some of you guys struggle intellectually.
Just blast more meth & you will feel on top of the world again.

Any way out here in the real world the laughing at Fremantle continues.
Just yesterday at a catch up with friends they asked what have your Fremantle supporting rellies been saying ? And they all hung on every word and laughed their boxes off at the usual my Fremantle supporting relatives have been saying aIf they take back Willie Rioli pith pith pith pith,,Ben Cousins blah blah blah ,they all do it blah blah usual stuff.
So thats where Freo are at in the WA community.Absolute joke club joke supporters
Not surprising your seeking valadation from Victorians.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter - every club is going to get some wins and losses out of the fixture changes

The only thing I don't really understand is why it matters being this round or next - Richmond aren't exactly going home for a while are they?

They are likely to be in Sydney for a while now - so why not enjoy the bye and come back afterwards.

The only reason this really counts against WC is due to our side being pretty banged up at the moment - but that's luck of the draw
Richmond don't have a fixture that will be affected by the current covid borders until 3 July (Gold coast) or end of July (Fremantle). There's no reason to be in Sydney.

Any way out here in the real world the laughing at Fremantle continues.
Just yesterday at a catch up with friends they asked what have your Fremantle supporting rellies been saying ? And they all hung on every word and laughed their boxes off at the usual my Fremantle supporting relatives have been saying aIf they take back Willie Rioli pith pith pith pith,,Ben Cousins blah blah blah ,they all do it blah blah usual stuff.
So thats where Freo are at in the WA community.Absolute joke club joke supporters
Not surprising your seeking valadation from Victorians.
Perth is the 'real world'? Ive heard it all now.

Richmond will return home for the bye like all Victorian clubs

So Richmond played the Giants at Marvel (not our home ground) on May 15th, then travelled to the Gabba to play Brisbane, then home, then to Giants Stadium to play Adelaide and were forced to stay in Sydney at short notice, then to Optus to play Essendon, then back to Sydney, and will head to Optus again to play West Coast this week, all within a month...

We have all that travel with our last home game on May 7th and our next (scheduled) home game on June 25th and WCE fans are whinging (yet again)? GAGF

BTW, the AFL asked Richmond to delay their bye as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Richmond played the Giants at Marvel (not our home ground) on May 15th, then travelled to the Gabba to play Brisbane, then home, then to Giants Stadium to play Adelaide and were forced to stay in Sydney at short notice, then to Optus to play Essendon, then back to Sydney, and will head to Optus again to play West Coast this week, all within a month...

We have all that travel with our last home game on May 7th and our next (scheduled) home game on June 25th and WCE fans are whinging (yet again)? GAGF

to be fair the Eagles were initially told they would be playing this thur night...4 day break flying back from Syd

Nobody other than the OP is having a whinge mate.

Pre or post bye we are not going to win.

I rather our returning players ease back into it against a side that isn't Richmond.

You should love that argument. On that basis, Geelong perennially get the worst deal of any club - about eight “home” games a year.
Geelong do get the worst deal of any club when it comes to games played at their desired ground. Then it’s the same as marvel based teams not getting finals at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back