Poo Mega Thread AFL asking Eagles to delay bye so Richmond doesnt need to travel twice to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf is wrong with you lot, bunch of adults acting like ******* children. Each side trying to point score with who's had it worse, grow the damn up and discuss a topic at hand without having to resort to sh*t.

But sirrr he started it, no he started it. Wahhhhh

Can't ******* read or discuss a genuine topic without it resorting to actual sh*t.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Don't take things so seriously - I would say it's just a bit of banter but you have to admit that Richmond do seem to be the AFL's angels at times lol!

So in what circumstance did Richmond both want it moved forward but also kept the same?

Richmonds Preferred Scenario

they would have goNe back to Melbourne after the Dreamtime game to spend their bye with their families. Issue with this option was the WA border restrictions, the tigers may not be allowed back in which would have meant for the game to go ahead at the original time, it might need to be moved to a neutral ground.

Alternate option

Tigers go back to Sydney and the game is brought forward flying back to WA before the . This allows the game to still be played in WA while the Tigers are able to spend their break with their families the following week.

We need to remember that the bye week is like a structured holiday for the players. All players are entitled to that and to spend it with their families not in a hotel room.

We also need to remember just as normal citizens are entitled to annual leave so are the AFL players. This is one leave period they are entitled to and they are completely in their right to want to spend it with their family. Especially after being on the road for 3 weeks.

There is so much complaining about very small inconveniences. Let’s not just think about the footballers or the fans. Let’s think about the players wives stuck at home trying to cope with another lockdown and home school and looking after the children. These players lives are not just football.

Let’s treat them as people first and players second.

We definitely got the rub of the green with the umps overall, they wouldn't pay holding the ball for either team, but ones like the Aarts non call were astonishing.
A question for a different thread, but wtf is going on with HTB? Obviously umps have been directed to essentially never call it. Commentators last night were bemused, bordering on outraged. A lot of fans are pissed off, because it is really has messed with the fabric of the game. But Gil and Shocking have not, to my knowledge, publicly explained what is behind the new directive, or even admitted that there is one. I would presume their motivation is to do with how telegenic the game is, or isn’t. Presumably they want to reward the attacking team as much as possible, and not reward defensive efforts, because that’s what their market research tells them people want. But it all seems pretty secretive, fake, and un-footy like 😡

The AFL mouth piece (Mitch Cleary) said the game was changed to make the most of the Tigers being in Perth. We'll, it's not making the most of the Tigers being in Perth, if they're not staying in Perth.
Thdyre legit in Sydney now

A question for a different thread, but wtf is going on with HTB? Obviously umps have been directed to essentially never call it. Commentators last night were bemused, bordering on outraged. A lot of fans are pissed off, because it is really has messed with the fabric of the game. But Gil and Shocking have not, to my knowledge, publicly explained what is behind the new directive, or even admitted that there is one. I would presume their motivation is to do with how telegenic the game is, or isn’t. Presumably they want to reward the attacking team as much as possible, and not reward defensive efforts, because that’s what their market research tells them people want. But it all seems pretty secretive, fake, and un-footy like 😡
As you said, I know this is off topic, but the one thing I did notice is that they would only pay holding the ball if a player dived on the ball. So it makes me wonder if it is a directive from the AFL to not pay the free kicks if it's going to keep the ball alive.

Given the lockdown in Vic looks like carrying on and restrictions/border closures hard to see an equitable solution for all clubs.
Next week is fine but rds 14-15 the double ups start and rejigging is too hard.
Also costs of long term hubs are huge and league and clubs are bleeding money.
Only way might be to pause say for a month and delay the season so GF is end of October.
Clubs could FIFO mostly last 8 rounds and hope it's sorted by October for finals.

I find this kind of funny considering this is what Freo and West Coast need to do every second week. I say suck it up!
I find it kind of funny when people post without reading any of the thread, or availing themselves of the most basic information about the issue at hand.

Richmond are flying back to the east coast of Australia in between their 2 Perth games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So go start a thread for your topic and don't whinge at others postings.
I didn’t whinge - I just pointed out that it was specious to present the situation as though Richmond had asked for the WC game to be brought forward so that they could reduce their travel, since they’ve already decided to fly Sydney-Perth-Sydney twice in about 8 days (which, by the way, is more travel than WC ever do in that time frame during the regular season). Probably not worth posting on this topic if you’re unaware of that fact

I find it kind of funny when people post without reading any of the thread, or availing themselves of the most basic information about the issue at hand.

Richmond are flying back to the east coast of Australia in between their 2 Perth games.
What are you on about? Bloody hell. I literally just explained that West Coast and Freo do the same thing. (i.e. Perth -> Melbourne -> Perth)

What are you on about? Bloody hell. I literally just explained that West Coast and Freo do the same thing. (i.e. Perth -> Melbourne -> Perth)
You seem to still not understand. The premise of this thread was that Richmond were complaining about having to travel to Perth twice in 3 weeks, and so asked the afl to bring the game forward so they could remain in Perth for the week in between games, and therefore only make one coast-coast-coast round trip instead of two. Your own post reinforces this, as you say you find it funny, since WA teams travel regularly, and that Richmond should just suck it up.

after the game was brought forward, Richmond decided - off their own bat - that they would fly back to Sydney in between their 2 Perth games, which are only one week apart. This shows that they were never complaining about having to travel to Perth twice, and they weren’t complaining about something WA teams routinely do - they volunteered to make the coast-coast-coast round trip twice in just over a week, even though they didn’t have to, since they could have stayed in Perth and only done that trip once.

If you have actually understood that, then your post about ‘finding it funny’ and sucking it up and doing what WA teams routinely do makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I can’t believe that I am actually having to explain this.

The difference being that WCE and Fremantle go from their own bed, to a hotel room, and then back to their own bed. Richmond will go from a hotel, to a hotel, and then back to a hotel. Some of the players have wives and young children they're unable to see.

I didn’t whinge - I just pointed out that it was specious to present the situation as though Richmond had asked for the WC game to be brought forward so that they could reduce their travel, since they’ve already decided to fly Sydney-Perth-Sydney twice in about 8 days (which, by the way, is more travel than WC ever do in that time frame during the regular season). Probably not worth posting on this topic if you’re unaware of that fact
Lol...yeah what would WC or Freo know about travel, comedy gold!!

A question for a different thread, but wtf is going on with HTB? Obviously umps have been directed to essentially never call it. Commentators last night were bemused, bordering on outraged. A lot of fans are pissed off, because it is really has messed with the fabric of the game. But Gil and Shocking have not, to my knowledge, publicly explained what is behind the new directive, or even admitted that there is one. I would presume their motivation is to do with how telegenic the game is, or isn’t. Presumably they want to reward the attacking team as much as possible, and not reward defensive efforts, because that’s what their market research tells them people want. But it all seems pretty secretive, fake, and un-footy like

I think they are trying out the ... if you had no prior opportunity then they are not concerned how it comes out . I think it’s to stop players getting tackled without prior and then just holding onto it and having a ball up.
Seems to change year to year and even game to game.

Richmonds Preferred Scenario

they would have goNe back to Melbourne after the Dreamtime game to spend their bye with their families. Issue with this option was the WA border restrictions, the tigers may not be allowed back in which would have meant for the game to go ahead at the original time, it might need to be moved to a neutral ground.

Alternate option

Tigers go back to Sydney and the game is brought forward flying back to WA before the . This allows the game to still be played in WA while the Tigers are able to spend their break with their families the following week.

We need to remember that the bye week is like a structured holiday for the players. All players are entitled to that and to spend it with their families not in a hotel room.

We also need to remember just as normal citizens are entitled to annual leave so are the AFL players. This is one leave period they are entitled to and they are completely in their right to want to spend it with their family. Especially after being on the road for 3 weeks.

There is so much complaining about very small inconveniences. Let’s not just think about the footballers or the fans. Let’s think about the players wives stuck at home trying to cope with another lockdown and home school and looking after the children. These players lives are not just football.

Let’s treat them as people first and players second.
Footballers get more annual leave than the average employee at the end of the season, can afford to go to far more interesting places, and under normal circumstances get more family time during the week. Let’s not pretend they are hard gone by. The bye is a luxury, not a necessity, and I’d personally prefer it scrapped, even though this year it’s to our advantage, given our injury woes.

Footballers get more annual leave than the average employee at the end of the season, can afford to go to far more interesting places, and under normal circumstances get more family time during the week. Let’s not pretend they are hard gone by. The bye is a luxury, not a necessity, and I’d personally prefer it scrapped, even though this year it’s to our advantage, given our injury woes.

Once again you're trying to compare the profession of AFL Football to other careers.

AFL Footballers have an EBA that they've agreed to and rightly deserve the breaks and conditions that they get, whether it's a mid-season break or being able to spend time with their family. Just because others "have it harder" doesn't mean that the conditions of their EBA should be changed to make a few supporters happy.

Once again you're trying to compare the profession of AFL Football to other careers.

AFL Footballers have an EBA that they've agreed to and rightly deserve the breaks and conditions that they get, whether it's a mid-season break or being able to spend time with their family. Just because others "have it harder" doesn't mean that the conditions of their EBA should be changed to make a few supporters happy.
They may well have negotiated it, good for them, but I don’t have to act like they are doing it tough if they miss out once because of unforeseen circumstances. Think the bye should be negotiated back out myself, they get plenty of time off.

They may well have negotiated it, good for them, but I don’t have to act like they are doing it tough if they miss out once because of unforeseen circumstances. Think the bye should be negotiated back out myself, they get plenty of time off.

You’re unfairly complaining about the AFL ensuring that players get as close to the conditions as they negotiated.

You don’t see this happening in other industries where people say —- “Waiters shouldn’t get their breaks today because I want another cup of coffee”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back