Afl canberra - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we think will win the 3's this year? Belco are a lot stronger than years past and ANU still a strong outfit. My top 4

ANU
Belco
ADFA
Yass ( If they get some numbers)

I don't know much about Ainslie, dark horse....:thumbsu:

You'd have to think ANU/Yass, from what I've seen thus far, and pending Yass having enough numbers for the rest of the year once injuries/cold kicks in etc...

I wasn't that impressed with ANU when we played them round 1, though they did do us by 50 points in the end, and haven't lost yet, so they probably are the favourites at the moment...

As for us being the dark horse, we couldn't even get over Cooma! Haha.

We are starting to now play better team footy, and have a few blokes who just want to play 3s, so hopefully we can get a fairly settled core group. As with all of the clubs with teams across 4 grades (or so I'd imagine), we have different blokes week to week with guys getting dropped/returning from injury etc.

You'd have to think ANU/Yass, from what I've seen thus far, and pending Yass having enough numbers for the rest of the year once injuries/cold kicks in etc...

I wasn't that impressed with ANU when we played them round 1, though they did do us by 50 points in the end, and haven't lost yet, so they probably are the favourites at the moment...

As for us being the dark horse, we couldn't even get over Cooma! Haha.

We are starting to now play better team footy, and have a few blokes who just want to play 3s, so hopefully we can get a fairly settled core group. As with all of the clubs with teams across 4 grades (or so I'd imagine), we have different blokes week to week with guys getting dropped/returning from injury etc.
If i were a betting man( and im known to be) i would put money on Adfa to finally win the two,s and belco to win the threes.Adfa have been ultra consistant over the past couple of seasons only chocking at the last hurdle.And as for belco there abilty to be able to feild another side with leftovers makes them morales i believe.Couple that with the fact that they can rotate twos as well and they are the strongest team in the div.If anyone was to challenge i would say that the uni boys in the threes(formally the fours) have been there abouts for a while now and they seem to have retained most if not all of last years side. although in saying that i dont think ive seen shanefoss out there .Anyway good luck to all for some it,s going to be a long season .

If i were a betting man( and im known to be) i would put money on Adfa to finally win the two,s and belco to win the threes.Adfa have been ultra consistant over the past couple of seasons only chocking at the last hurdle.And as for belco there abilty to be able to feild another side with leftovers makes them morales i believe.Couple that with the fact that they can rotate twos as well and they are the strongest team in the div.If anyone was to challenge i would say that the uni boys in the threes(formally the fours) have been there abouts for a while now and they seem to have retained most if not all of last years side. although in saying that i dont think ive seen shanefoss out there .Anyway good luck to all for some it,s going to be a long season .

HTB, I'm still floundering around. How could I not have another crack after the flogging we got in the GF last year?! Not the ideal way to finish up.

Based on results to date you'd have to say ADFA are looking pretty good in both grades at the moment. I wonder if their 3's might not came back to the pack a litle bit when they have to go on manoeuvres (or whatever it is they go and do that has seen them forfeit games in years past). Sounds like their 2's might not be quite as formidable as they were in 2011 but they obviously have pretty good depth through their squad this year.

Agreed: Belconnen will be contenders in both grades this year.

Harman will surely be top 4 again this year in 2's. Obviously they've lost a few blokes but the games they've lost against ADFA and Belconnen were both close ones.

Cootamundra, Yass and Goulburn will be the interesting ones in the 3's I reckon. At this stage my feeling is it'll be one of those three that make up the top 4 in 3's.

ANU aren't travelling too badly so far in both grades. On current form I'd like to think we'll be up there come the pointy end of the season.
Be a good test for the 3's side this week out at Goulburn though. The Swans are always tough to beat at home.

On a side note, a huge day for ANU and Gungahlin footy clubs this coming Sunday with the GWS Fan Day being moved to ANU as the "curtain raiser" for the first annual Pink Footy Day match between the Griffins and Jets womens' teams. You'd have to hate Aussie Rules Footy not to get down there!http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/giants-fan-day-at-anu-this-sunday.html

HTB, I'm still floundering around. How could I not have another crack after the flogging we got in the GF last year?! Not the ideal way to finish up.

Based on results to date you'd have to say ADFA are looking pretty good in both grades at the moment. I wonder if their 3's might not came back to the pack a litle bit when they have to go on manoeuvres (or whatever it is they go and do that has seen them forfeit games in years past). Sounds like their 2's might not be quite as formidable as they were in 2011 but they obviously have pretty good depth through their squad this year.

Harman will surely be top 4 again this year in 2's. Obviously they've lost a few blokes but the games they've lost against ADFA and Belconnen were both close ones.

Cootamundra, Yass and Goulburn will be the interesting ones in the 3's I reckon. At this stage my feeling is it'll be one of those three that make up the top 4 in 3's.

ANU aren't travelling too badly so far in both grades. On current form I'd like to think we'll be up there come the pointy end of the season.
Be a good test for the 3's side this week out at Goulburn though. The Swans are always tough to beat at home.

On a side note, a huge day for ANU and Gungahlin footy clubs this coming Sunday with the GWS Fan Day being moved to ANU as the "curtain raiser" for the first annual Pink Footy Day match between the Griffins and Jets womens' teams. You'd have to hate Aussie Rules Footy not to get down there!http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/giants-fan-day-at-anu-this-sunday.html
Whoever at ANU that has organised the fan day to be held an Anu has done a fantastic job :thumbsu: Good for footy alround well done

I can't agree with the swannies making top 4 unfortunately, if the young blokes keep improving in the next few years definitely back in the mix, Forgot about Coota and totally agree with those two sides being up there.

Goulburn a bit light on again this week unfortunately...

In the 4's (I'm sticking with the latin mass - **** this years naming convention) I reckon Jets will be a real show as the season progresses. If they can get the numbers on the park they have the nucleus of a really good side running round down there.

I have heard a rumour that both Heath Russell and Dale Cummins have both been offered a little cash to try and boost the swans back up the ladder... Any truth nov4?

Not a chance, heard they are both killing it... Already forgotten their mates (;

Ainslie over The Juggernauts pretty comfortably in the 4s, 3s beat Belco by 4 or 5 goals in a pretty good game.

Ainslie over The Juggernauts pretty comfortably in the 4s, 3s beat Belco by 4 or 5 goals in a pretty good game.

Motley Ainslie are rolling along nicely.I heard Coota beat Cooma on saturday,Eastlake beat Belco in the threes yesterday? And I know the Jets beat Yass by 53 points.

Motley Ainslie are rolling along nicely.I heard Coota beat Cooma on saturday,Eastlake beat Belco in the threes yesterday? And I know the Jets beat Yass by 53 points.

Injuries in the (Ainslie) seniors took at least 5-6 of our regulars up. A few guys new to Footy have been playing very well.

Belco FF has a good set of hands and I think is a good option since Axelby doesn't play anymore. He presented well and took some good grabs.

I heard Eastlake beat Belco, not sure of the score though. Word has it Belco had something like 90 on the list for 2s and 3s.

The score in the Jets v Yass would of been the biggest margin between the 2 over the last few years wouldn't it? They have always had a good hit out.

Injuries in the (Ainslie) seniors took at least 5-6 of our regulars up. A few guys new to Footy have been playing very well.

Belco FF has a good set of hands and I think is a good option since Axelby doesn't play anymore. He presented well and took some good grabs.

I heard Eastlake beat Belco, not sure of the score though. Word has it Belco had something like 90 on the list for 2s and 3s.

The score in the Jets v Yass would of been the biggest margin between the 2 over the last few years wouldn't it? They have always had a good hit out.
Hey Wiz
Probably is the biggest margain for a while :(Its interesting about other clubs such as Belco having so many numbers.I was talking to Ports yesterday and he told me that the Jets had 20 blokes miss out yesterday.Some through injury and work commitments, its good to see that there are such positive numbers about,i only hope the game can keep those who are missing out each week.On another note huge thanks to the jets young sports trainer who assisted one our players yesterday who was concused.It was a most welcome act of kindness.:thumbsu:

Hey Wiz
Probably is the biggest margain for a while :(Its interesting about other clubs such as Belco having so many numbers.I was talking to Ports yesterday and he told me that the Jets had 20 blokes miss out yesterday.Some through injury and work commitments, its good to see that there are such positive numbers about,i only hope the game can keep those who are missing out each week.On another note huge thanks to the jets young sports trainer who assisted one our players yesterday who was concused.It was a most welcome act of kindness.:thumbsu:

20 players missing, sheesh. Hopefully they can keep them interested to get 2 teams running again. Age and willingness of current older players permitting though.

The relationship between Yass and the Jets has always been competitive on the field, from what I have seen and what I hear about the last couple of years that they met in finals. Certainly wouldn't impact the ability to provide trainer support, same goes for any team I would guess?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anu way too fit in the second half and ran away with it, Swannies right in it up until 3/4 time but ran out of legs. Was a good game played in good spirit...

Does anyone apart from Anu sing their song out on the field?

Anu way too fit in the second half and ran away with it, Swannies right in it up until 3/4 time but ran out of legs. Was a good game played in good spirit...

You would have to sing your song on the ground in Goulburn ,there is no dressing shed.Well not for visitors anyway.:eek:

Looks very likely that coota may just be the country team that grabs the 4th spot this year.

Wats the go with Adfa not turning up ?Its not like they can get lost there even being the away team was a home game for them.

You would have to sing your song on the ground in Goulburn ,there is no dressing shed.Well not for visitors anyway.:eek:

Looks very likely that coota may just be the country team that grabs the 4th spot this year.

Wats the go with Adfa not turning up ?Its not like they can get lost there even being the away team was a home game for them.

Ha ha very true, they managed the second part in the sheds... I really think all country teams are out Ainslie and the Jets likely to make up the rest... only early though...

I've always noticed ANU singing their song on the field, reckon it's a pretty ordinary tradition to be honest. All seems a bit arrogant to me.

Mind you, when you haven't lost a game in either grade this season, they probably have the right to be.

I've always noticed ANU singing their song on the field, reckon it's a pretty ordinary tradition to be honest. All seems a bit arrogant to me.

Mind you, when you haven't lost a game in either grade this season, they probably have the right to be.

Here we go again...

The ANUAFC Club song has been around since the 60s and, ever since the repeated requests from the League to not sing it, it became a symbol of defiance to belt it out upon the slightest pretext.

So, call it an ordinary tradition if you like, but tradition it most surely is and I don't think ANUAFC will be changing their ways anytime soon.

cooma sing there song on their home ground because the wall between change rooms is thin timber we try to wait for the oppersition to leave the ground tho it doesn't always work out that way

Whoever at ANU that has organised the fan day to be held an Anu has done a fantastic job :thumbsu: Good for footy alround well done

Hi SouthCab, thanks for the thumbs up. The idea started from the Gungahlin Jets women's team [affectionately known as the Jetettes]. We were fortunate enought to find a sponsor in Mitchell's Glass Works to change our playing strip to pink in support of the cause of Pink Football and Netball Day.

Looking respledent in their pink strip, the Jets ran away with the day and the first win in the annual Jets v ANU Pink Footy Day match. We were fortunate enough to have the support of local media, local policiticans - in both Kate Lundy and Andrew Barr and extremely honoured to welcome the GWS Giants.

Of course none of this would have gone ahead without the co-operation of ANU. A fellow sister community club whom we hope to build a long standing affiliation with.

Thank you for posting the event and supporting local football, watch this space for 2013!

On a side note, a huge day for ANU and Gungahlin footy clubs this coming Sunday with the GWS Fan Day being moved to ANU as the "curtain raiser" for the first annual Pink Footy Day match between the Griffins and Jets womens' teams. You'd have to hate Aussie Rules Footy not to get down there!http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/giants-fan-day-at-anu-this-sunday.html[/QUOTE]

"You'd have to hate Aussie Rules Footy not to get down there!" well said! It was a fantastic day and a great coup for local footy. We even managed to deny the weather forecast...for a wee while at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back