AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi damon, i played in a pre season comp in adelaide, it was 9 a side, smaller oval 3 forwards 3 centre and 3 backs, swaping each qtr, only forward could kick goals, i think there was about 8 teams and we played at night each week, it was really good. just a thought

I think the idea of a North/South comp has a lot of merit. I like the idea of maybe running the games on Friday nights and maybe Saturday's towards the end (Could be decided between the two opposing clubs) Reducing the length of the quarters may also have merit. Could maybe play 3 full length terms instead of 4?

Noting that the end prize of "winning" the pre-season comp has very little value I'm sure that most clubs wouldn't object to teams joining for the sake of numbers. Essentially you get out of it what you put in and if you are playing with another team you wont be gaining much for round 1 apart from some fitness. Better than nothing though.

I don't think the idea of contact netball and only the Goal Attack being able to score or whatever is being suggested with the reduction of numbers has legs. Again you need to have a proper hitout of no less than 16 on a full sized field to get benefit.

Morning all, Re the pre season comp lets see what numbers we can get and set up a commity and just do it seems to me there is enough interest.
I have a company that will provide a cup .:thumbsu:

Any body know the leagal requirements if any !!!

Morning all, Re the pre season comp lets see what numbers we can get and set up a commity and just do it seems to me there is enough interest.
I have a company that will provide a cup .:thumbsu:

Any body know the leagal requirements if any !!!

For starters you'd need it sanctioned by AFL Canberra. The Women's League played a North v South game at the end of the season and had a number of severe injuries. They played despite advice not to from AFL Canberra and as a result they were not insured.

I reckon I'll just stick with the Rec Footy - it's pretty good fun and gets you running around a bit which is all you really want before march anyway.

I am pretty sure Sapphire Coast do a pre-season cup. maybe enter a team in that if you're really keen.

I'm with 3GM - there is a snowballs chance in hell we'd have a team mid week in a preseason comp.

We have basketballers, baseballers, softballers, cricketers, alcoholic, chronic gamblers, shiftworkers. Its hard enough to get 15 at training let alone a team keen for pre-season matches...

There is a reason why there is not a pre season comp already,It has always come down to players not being available .
It was a nice try cab but it just want work.:)
Heres somthing i just heard though i was told you wanted another year at yass but the committee had other plans is the true cab ???

For those of you who dont know or haven't heard the leauge is looking for clubs to have input on next years draw.
With the veiw of putting it together in the not to distant future they seek submissions on what you possibly want and dont want, each club is allowed a maximum of 5 submissions.:thumbsu:
Your clubs info needs to be back to russell by the 15th of this month.

There is a reason why there is not a pre season comp already,It has always come down to players not being available .
It was a nice try cab but it just want work.:)
Heres somthing i just heard though i was told you wanted another year at yass but the committee had other plans is the true cab ???
hi juicy, why do you have to be like that, I think i can speak for cab, his intentions at the start of the year were to finish this year , win lose or draw, their is a lot of interest for the coaching position, but if cab did want to do it again the committee would totally say yes, he did a great job and i wish him well wherever he goes, as for the committee having other ideas well, we have a small committe and a lot of those are also retiring to spend time on other things, so i guess your info was incorrect or i really think you were just having another crack at him, how good were the hawks juicy:thumbsu::eek:

hi juicy, why do you have to be like that, I think i can speak for cab, his intentions at the start of the year were to finish this year , win lose or draw, their is a lot of interest for the coaching position, but if cab did want to do it again the committee would totally say yes, he did a great job and i wish him well wherever he goes, as for the committee having other ideas well, we have a small committe and a lot of those are also retiring to spend time on other things, so i guess your info was incorrect or i really think you were just having another crack at him, how good were the hawks juicy:thumbsu::eek:
DJ; Be like what i simply asked the question .I wasn't just having a crack at all it was with interest that i asked.
That said is there a reason why a lot of your committee is retiring i dont wish to point out the obvious but this is the time your club needs stability,unless ofcourse you have the numbers to fill the voids left by others.Your website shows the roos were unable to form a committee at the first attempt at the agm last year and i put two and two together and probably came up with 5 reading into that there may have been some problems!!!.
You also said in your post that you wish cab well wherever he goes does that mean that he will be eleswhere next year ?:)
The hawks excelled.

DJ; Be like what i simply asked the question .I wasn't just having a crack at all it was with interest that i asked.
That said is there a reason why a lot of your committee is retiring i dont wish to point out the obvious but this is the time your club needs stability,unless ofcourse you have the numbers to fill the voids left by others.Your website shows the roos were unable to form a committee at the first attempt at the agm last year and i put two and two together and probably came up with 5 reading into that there may have been some problems!!!.
You also said in your post that you wish cab well wherever he goes does that mean that he will be eleswhere next year ?:)
The hawks excelled.

Where will you be next year Juicy???:D

i still cant believe how much Shite gets spoken on this site over nothing..
doesnt anyone in canberra have anything better to do with there time..
GO THE UNI BLUES IN NZ..

i still cant believe how much Shite gets spoken on this site over nothing..
doesnt anyone in canberra have anything better to do with there time..
GO THE UNI BLUES IN NZ..

Leeroy,

If you read back over the posts carefully.. you may want to look in your own backyard for people who have nothing better to do :rolleyes:

The first thing you do when you get back is get on here and crap on :p tic
How was NZ?

The hawks excelled.
the problem with getting a good committee at any club is the time involved, the ones that are leaving have been there a long time and have young kids with other interests, yass will have a committee, just a matter of who, some ladies from the junior roos stepped up and will probably help out this year, we won a grand final with a small and committed comittee and i am sure the same will happen next year. have the jets got any bites for a coach next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leeroy,

If you read back over the posts carefully.. you may want to look in your own backyard for people who have nothing better to do :rolleyes:

The first thing you do when you get back is get on here and crap on :p tic
How was NZ?
Morning LongHaul leeroy and sero are still in NZ they are both there for the season they have played 3 games for 3 wins with the uni blues.
Its a pitty he didnt tell us something of interest from there instead of the post he did grace us with.I supose we couldn't expect to much from a future eastlake player !!!:eek:

Hey juicy you were half rite ill let you guess which half ;)

Boof, Hilly anyone ,I hear the Juggs & Wildcat juniors have affiliated and are pushing for a 18s & possibly afl Canberra ressies team,is this true?
If so it would be good for local footy :thumbsu:

Also a big arse Well done to Timmy(Deakin)Steen on his B&F at the Blues.

Boof, Hilly anyone ,I hear the Juggs & Wildcat juniors have affiliated and are pushing for a 18s & possibly afl Canberra ressies team,is this true?
If so it would be good for local footy :thumbsu:

Also a big arse Well done to Timmy(Deakin)Steen on his B&F at the Blues.

Correct youdogs. Affiliation with Wildcats Juniors has been done and we are looking at an U18 team but have a few hurdles to get over first. Obviously there are a large number of issues for AFLC to consider and we are discussing. Both Clubs just want to give the local kids an opportunity to continue playing in the local area for a local club, as well as expand the teams in the competition. We are starting from a low base and will need to build over the long term to make it worthwile but that is what we both want, a long term U18 team not just a one-off. Juggs will also help out with personnel to assist coaching some of the Juniors teams and we are looking at a number of combined events. So far response has been really positive but a lot of work to do over summer to get it right if we are to do U18 in 2009.

Correct youdogs. Affiliation with Wildcats Juniors has been done and we are looking at an U18 team but have a few hurdles to get over first. Obviously there are a large number of issues for AFLC to consider and we are discussing. Both Clubs just want to give the local kids an opportunity to continue playing in the local area for a local club, as well as expand the teams in the competition. We are starting from a low base and will need to build over the long term to make it worthwile but that is what we both want, a long term U18 team not just a one-off. Juggs will also help out with personnel to assist coaching some of the Juniors teams and we are looking at a number of combined events. So far response has been really positive but a lot of work to do over summer to get it right if we are to do U18 in 2009.
good work boof , hope all goes well

SCANDAL! I was reading the daily telegraphs article ond raiders badboy Todd Carney and his latest off field brush with the law, and he mentioned that it was his mate from goulburn that is to blame. he said that he played AFL.

Could he be a Swan??????????:cool::D

SCANDAL! I was reading the daily telegraphs article ond raiders badboy Todd Carney and his latest off field brush with the law, and he mentioned that it was his mate from goulburn that is to blame. he said that he played AFL.

Could he be a Swan??????????:cool::D
No he is from the goulburn area and apparently is a butcher by trade, dont know where he plays but do know his name is brett curtis, he is a demon on the piss was last seen trying to buy a hawthorn membership:)

Whats the goss cab, who is the new coach ? How many players are not returning my sources inform me that yass have lost 7 players from the grand final team is this correct ?

Whats the goss cab, who is the new coach ? How many players are not returning my sources inform me that yass have lost 7 players from the grand final team is this correct ?
Juicy, the word on the street is that 2 players may be taking over next year but not sure if that is definet;)

Hi JUicy, didnt want to let you know yet, but here it is, may have lost a few but recruited 8 already, benny macs older and younger brothers from wakool, both better players than benny according to him, benny hall from batemans bay (103 goals for the season) .a coach of three clubs , played ovens and murray played for ainslie ones two years ago and lives in yass, interested in coaching here. sam and liam brandon back again, and last but not least, i mentioned this earlier but no one listened. My cousin ben dixon and his best mate joel smith have bought subway in yass, they are both from yarrawonga and yarra are spewing they are not playing there, they want to concentrate on the business so want to play district footy, with the view to buying 2 more subways in canberra in next 2 years, then playing or coaching in actafl. I think these recruits will fill a few voids. look out 09. do you guys have a coach yet juicy, and yes i heard that a lot of jets boys are moving on.:thumbsu:

Juice .AGM is on tuesday if you want a commitee position come put your hand up.:eek:

Without a commitee formed obviously the coach has knot been appointed yet .:cool:

As for the 7 players you have me there the only ones i know of are Ando and wayde retired.Frenchy to eastlake thats it as far as i know.

If the players mentioned by my fellow yass mates are coming to the roos it would have been good to see yass go to div 3 .

Maybe yass could go up and tuggers could come down with the brandon brothers and the ainslie player we have coming ,i think yass would be competitive.:)

This could be the roos best year as far as numbers go,it would be a tough year but you have to start somewhere !!!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back