AFL Canberra - Division 3 & 4 - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Tez, are you saying that the mighty Yass Roos or any other club for that matter have not done the same thing at times??
I can garantee you that as far as i am aware and in my time with the roos we have never played a player from another leauge under a bogy name like coota did round 1.
We did in my time play Ben serafin as ben serafin against Belconnen when he was playing for and registerd to Ainslie a few years ago so we could take the feild with 14 players.
And while i cant speak for other clubs i would very much doubt that any club would play 5 players while unregisterd.
Mcgowan,Vitnell,Warner,Corby,Forsyth.

The interesting thing is this. After looking at Sporting pluse those players that you named were infact listed to play so they have hid nothing. So if this is againt the rules why have the points not been taken?? As for the bloke who plays for another club I no idea what is going on there.

So did Hoffman play in round 1 or not ? If he didnt and was named as kicking a goal then those points should be taken. Has Don Oliver played in any of the 4 games he is listed as doing so ? Did a player play under his name ?

Anyway hopefully a good game will be played on the weekend.

Enough of Yass and Coota lets get back to the Canberra teams and Div 3.

Who does everyone think will make the top 4 in the 3's ?

Here is one from a little from left field. It has been reported in the wagga paper that a Gungahlin Jets player will be forced to sit out 2 games after becoming involved in a physical altercation while acting as a water boy for the turvey park bulldogs in the riverina football league on the weekend.

Here is one from a little from left field. It has been reported in the wagga paper that a Gungahlin Jets player will be forced to sit out 2 games after becoming involved in a physical altercation while acting as a water boy for the turvey park bulldogs in the riverina football league on the weekend.
Do we know if Ryan has accepted the two weeks or will he fight it ?

Anyway hopefully a good game will be played on the weekend.

Enough of Yass and Coota lets get back to the Canberra teams and Div 3.

Who does everyone think will make the top 4 in the 3's ?

I think the top 3 are pretty much locked in. Not sure what order yet but the 3 look very likely to stay there.

Fourth is another issue entirely. It is definitey a 3 horse race between ANU, Eastlakes and the Juggs.

If I had to pick one to make the finals; I would say Eastlakes.

Seen him for the first time againt harman, very very good. Your backs will need to be on there game Tez. He and Ned Fisher make for a very good forward line. There is another player who I seen for the first time last name Vile also very good. Get you boys to play in front (hard to do on a small ground) and put pressure on the kicks coming inside 50 and will go along way in my mind. It should be a good game, I might have to go for drive. And there is only one Don Oliver.

Funny you talk about Joe 'Silks' Vile, getting his name due to his silky skills. Can tear up the opposition even with a heavy tag. His rugby step is something to watch, very impressive. He has a good long kick, can clear 55 easily and has a leap on him much like Paddy Ryder. Definately one to watch when he on song.

Funny you talk about Joe 'Silks' Vile, getting his name due to his silky skills. Can tear up the opposition even with a heavy tag. His rugby step is something to watch, very impressive. He has a good long kick, can clear 55 easily and has a leap on him much like Paddy Ryder. Definately one to watch when he on song.
If he leaps like Paddy Ryder in yass he will end up in Paddys river :D

This takes me back to my origanal statement that coota a hard 24 to beat at home.Those home town /club umpires new that coota were playing unregisterd players and a player from another leauge yet still went along with it.The funniest part is that seeing as though we only had 15 they didnt need them.
Anyway should be a good game saturday, although the weather forcast is not impressive at the moment .
sounds like you blokes are a bit scared of the old dark navy blues. I also find it a bit hard to believe a club has a bit of moral fibre when they have "DH" oops i mean "DJ" Ando involved:D

sounds like you blokes are a bit scared of the old dark navy blues. I also find it a bit hard to believe a club has a bit of moral fibre when they have "DH" oops i mean "DJ" Ando involved:D
And you have plenty of moral fibre bagging a club behind a keyboard champ. we will see how scared we are tomorow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did you score Silks from? I believe his brother is part of the GWS experiment.....

Not sure where he come from or how the blues got him but a very handy pick up. Good win Tez well done. You must of played to my game plan:D.
Yeah mate all things considerd it was a good win,we had a couple of late changes due to withdrawels ,but i thought the young blokes who came in went well.It was also the first time this year that we had 22 players so i hope that continues.Im coming up saturday you gunna be about ?

Where did you score Silks from? I believe his brother is part of the GWS experiment.....

One of the Canberra Mercenaries. Lucky petrol isn't gonna be part of the Carbon Tax so his match fee wont have to go up. And I hope he don't go missing like one of he's colleagues did for another team last year :rolleyes:. Oh well, his loss. He missed out on sippin' from the Premiership Cup :D

One of the Canberra Mercenaries. Lucky petrol isn't gonna be part of the Carbon Tax so his match fee wont have to go up. And I hope he don't go missing like one of he's colleagues did for another team last year :rolleyes:. Oh well, his loss. He missed out on sippin' from the Premiership Cup :D

Match fee? Fourth grade.....guess that does make him a mercenary.

I think the top 3 are pretty much locked in. Not sure what order yet but the 3 look very likely to stay there.

Fourth is another issue entirely. It is definitey a 3 horse race between ANU, Eastlakes and the Juggs.

If I had to pick one to make the finals; I would say Eastlakes.

With Eastlake's win on the weekend over top 4 rival the Bidge, it could well come down to the last game of the year for the last final spot (eastlake v ANU at South Oval).

It would help if Belco knock off ANU and the Bidge and then go down to Eastlake at Jamieson in a couple of weeks.

Come on the Dees 3's !

Well with those comparisons you wonder why he is playing in such low division?

Leap more like Kepler Bradley maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back