Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
Just thought it would be good to have a discussion, between ourselves, about the upcoming Dream Team. Probably due for release about a month's time (you know how slow they are).

Anyway, obviously we'll get a league together with just Collingwood BigFooty nuts, but would be good to have a core group of people involved. Last year I am not sure if we did it as a group, or, well me anyway (I was in the no.1 league for both Supercoach and Nutri-Grain :thumbsu:)

So, just a discussion thread based on what will be prize picks, who is expected to play first year footy, etc. Obviously there are some secrets, but in the end we are as smart as each other I guess.

Matthew Lloyd missed most of the season, but not sure how his price will be. He did play 3 games, and averaged a fair bit too, surely.

Nathan Bock, Nigel Lappin, Danny Jacobs, Nathan D. Brown, Brent Moloney, Lenny Hayes, Michael Gardiner, Luke Darcy and Robert Murphy are some others who may be a little too cheap to ignore.

From the wraps I've heard on Xavier Ellis I'd imagine he'd play straight away and be cheap

Yeah, he'll be cheap, as will some other Hawks in Dowler etc. I presume. Obviously Gibbs will play first year.

Picking the right draftees always pays off. Alot of people picked Birchall last year because he was named to debut in round 1. People who persisted with him were lucky for his late season form.

Nathan Brown (Richmond) will be a very good pick up this year, because he didn't got average very high last year due to him not playing he will be very cheap in either Nutri-Grain or Supercoach.
Ricky Dyson (Essendon) Will be another big improver this year, will really step up in the Essendon line up and score really well in both competitions.
You would be best to buy any of the top ten draft picks either for our Reserves or in your starting 22.
Some other younens you may want to invest in could be Bryce Gibbs, Joel Selwood, Tom Hawkins, John Anthony, Xavier Ellis, Beau Dowler, Jack Riewoldt.
Some good people that will be really cheap may be Nick Maxwell, Nathan Van Berlo, Sean Rusling and Travis Cloke (Should be in every team, Absolute Superstar!)
LF50, I would stay away from Gardiner this year, I don't know why but I just don't think he will do to well at St.Kilda.
Kosi will be in nearly every team I would say, He will be very very cheap and will go up majorly in price so buy him at the start.

On a site called FanFooty you can get the prices for this year. Not sure how accurate it is though.

You know every year you think you have the team of the century. I always wonder when will every player will get over 100 points in the one team all at once.:rolleyes:

Anyway Lenny Hayes who will be expensive will have a blinder of a year I reckon, he was racking up the points before he got injured.

Minson if only he wouldn't get so many penalties.

Bode looked up his stats, not only posessions but also tackles and goals. A bit pricy downfall.

One that got away from me last year was Mc Donald, do you think that melb will have a bummer year. I find it hard to chose Melb and Geelong, because you never know how thier year will be.

Could see a big turn around for the Cats so Primsall might be a bargin. Had Ling for a while last year totally big let down especially for Super Coach probably not for Dream team.

R Murphy from the Dockers looks promising, low price and looked the goods before his injury.

Carlton, obviously gibbs but I reckon there will be a few 2-4 year players who could really kick on, and at a good price. Not sure who.

Anyway I think for Collingwood, R Shaw as an emergency could be good, T Cloke again as an emergency.

a few lads from here that would be on the cheap and a good addition to your team:

Mattner (always has a high tackle count)

Gill (good pick up from the SANFL and should adapt well to AFL and will be cheap)

Douglas (great young player, a real ball magnet)

Meesen (should get alot of game time this year a promising ruckman / forward)

Some players I'm pretty keen on:

Mids
Deledio
Griffen
Nicholls (will wait to see him named as the elevated rookie first)
Gibbs - will start on for my team I reckon.
Was keen on Nigel Lappin but he seems like he won't be right for round 1

Forwards
Bench will have Edwards and Hansen. Hansen's been killing pre-season.
I'm keen for Leon Davis. reckon he'll have a blinder at a decent price.
Dearest player I can see myself getting on in is Fev.

Rucks
Kosi - be stupid not to have him.
Robbie Campbell - Hawthorn's new #1 ruckman
Hale/Mackintosh
Hampson and Maric/Meesen for bench.

Backs
So far just keen on Xavier Ellis for a spot on the bench.

Probably gave away too much here so thank me later.

you would think joel selwood would feature prominently as of course will gibbs.

what about marc murphy, he might be a good pickup considering the injury he had.

plenty depends on prices

they usually change up the game in some way every couple of years so no real point in making a team yet as it all may change, position wise

murphy may be rather expensive as his average was high before doing his shoulder

dont load up too much on the young kids tho, need a couple of cash cows but wouldn't want any draftees playing in ur starting team

I'm not giving any of my secrets away....hehehehe.
It started giving me the sh*ts when they started printing info about who you should and should not pic in the newspapers.

On another note though if we are going to do our own league here I AM IN!!!!!!!

We should start organising it now. We can always have a second league if the first one gets full, etc etc. You are allowed 16 teams in the league yeah?

So let's start the list now. Everyone just add their name.:

Group 1: Parallel Andy

I'm not giving any of my secrets away....hehehehe.
It started giving me the sh*ts when they started printing info about who you should and should not pic in the newspapers.

On another note though if we are going to do our own league here I AM IN!!!!!!!

We should start organising it now. We can always have a second league if the first one gets full, etc etc. You are allowed 16 teams in the league yeah?

So let's start the list now. Everyone just add their name.:

Group 1: Parallel Andy

I am in too. It would be good to have a league with just Pies supporters from BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the FanFooty 2007 Player Price Projector

Some bargains:

Justin Koschitzke (StK) $147,500
Daniel Merrett (Bris) $149,100 (ready to step up to the next level)
Guy Richards (Coll) $180,200
Will Minson (WB) $184,700
Brad Miller (Melb) $207,700
Ricky Dyson (Ess) $208,700
Luke McPharlin (Frem) $244,900
Trent Croad (Haw) $246,000

Are you doing a league for Nutri-Grain and Super Coach because if you are I will be in the Nutri-Grain one, I already have a league organised for SuperCoach as much as I would like to be in the Pies one, I can't really bail out now.

The Bigfooty Magpies League 1:
1. Parallel Andy
2. magpie militia
3. Kempos Kingz 05
4. MarchingOnTogether
5. us3
6. Dj Chriss
7. Stakerz
8. Doppleganger
9. Lonie From 50
10. pies4eva
11. nick savo
12. Malteaser
13. Hells K1thch3n

Still three more teams needed for the first league.

Then we can start on the second one cause I'm sure we will get more than 16 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back