AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the game this arvo from work. Have given it a brief go. Graphics arent good to be honest. Already noticing some weird player movements to. They suddenly turn on the spot and run to nowhere. It just looks weird.

Edit: AI is strange. Making awful decisions, handballing straight to me and kicking out of bounds from literally 15 metres out from goal. And its impossible to kick out to anyone free. They dont leave their opponent. Crowd is f***** up too. So are stats, they are completely broken.

Maybe wait for a patch or the bargain bin on this one. Its not finished yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EB in freo are always really good when i go in there.
Yeah they were actually okay in there before, had some personality. Dude just asked me how much I wanted it down to as well.

But I have to say, the Starlight thing is a total ******* joke – don't prey on people to make money as a charity, it just makes you begrudge them. It's no different being cornered on Swanston Street by some dreadlocked Swede – seriously * off. Saying no and trying to justify it had me feeling like Randy in one of those latest South Parks.

It's a lot of fun, and that's probably all that matters.

There are dodgy bits - the commentary is inexplicably bad, the AI goalkicking is horrible, the cut scenes/replays are pretty gross and marking/spoiling is maybe a bit clumsy - but none of them are enough to outweigh the genuinely great bits.

Being able to win a ball in congestion and burst free with speed or an evasive move is wonderful, and crucially isn't OP in that you are never too far from more pressure. Goalkicking is good, the fact you can fumble and tap on is good, and it's possible to play a pretty realistic style of footy.

I haven't got into game modes or anything yet, and tbh I only really feel like I'm beginning to get the hang of the basics after a couple of hours. Longevity will be a different test, but more importantly playability seems to get a tick.

it's just kick to a 1 on 1.
It was the major problem with the first game (well, that and the tackle-fest) and it looks like the same problem with this game.

This isn't the 1970s. Teams don't really play man-on-man football anymore. All the streams I've seen of this game is just the player kicking to a contest, hoping to mark the ball, rinse repeat. The CPU occasionally finds an open player but that's it. Doesn't really seem like there's much tactical gameplay. It's even more pronounced from the kick-ins, although at least in AFL Live 1 you could find open players by changing the kick-in tactics (not sure if changing kick-in tactics on this game has as pronounced an effect).

I've changed my
Tune on this game , played it for the first half hour and was pleasantly surprised with how the game looked . Been playing it for two hours now and it's just like live 2, it's just a ping pong fest , no fluidicity at all unless your playing on easy.. I can live with glitches like commentary and crowed effects etc , but to be honest it plays like ass.. was fun for a bit but can't see this being a winner like live 1 online was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else experiencing a bug where their name is "Censored" on be a pro? Apparently both of my brothers are suffering this bug, I however am not.

Looks like afl 2007 with a roster update lol
Are these comments deliberately trollish, or is that what you honestly think? Because either way, you're silly. You don't have to like the game, but that's such a silly comment, go back and watch AFL 2007 footage and honestly tell me you still think that.

Is your name campaigner?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Looks like afl 2007 with a roster update lol

Really?
afl-premiership-2007-20070527060841369-000.jpg

Marks in open play are just way too hard. Its ridiculous. Its impossible to put a decent play together because of it. Marking a 15m kick uncontested is a calculus exam.

Did they play test this piece of s**t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes you wonder if they got anyone who wasn't involved in the development of the game mechanics to test the game. It'd be quite easy to think nothing is wrong with the marking if you've been involved in developing the marking system and had countless hours to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back