AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Live PATCH?

Either way.... I really, really want this patch to come out.

This.

Just had 5 online games in a row. All were against West Coast or Freo, all were against 2-3 players, and in each game they would just run their players forward of the center bounce and punch the ball long. I'm using the Kangas to try to get better with them for the BF comp, so I only managed to win 2 of the matches, getting fairly well beaten in the other 3.

I used to think when people said Sandilands and Cox were unbeatable in the game, that they were just crap at contesting the ruck because I normally went alright, but if you play someone who is very good at the ruck who uses Freo or the Eagles, they are damn near unbeatable (and this is coming from someone who's 3rd on the leader board as well, so n00by players stand even less chance).

Now I consider myself a fairly patient person, but the wait for this patch is becoming extremely painful. And to make matters worse, my internet has decided it wants to lag like buggery tonight. **** you Sony, MS and Telstra :thumbsdown:

I know you're probably going to have a go at me and im a bit drunk, but it took big ant 3 years to release this game, it wouldnt suprise me that its their fault that the patch is taking this long.

like HBK said uncharted have released 3 patches in a week or some shit?

How is it not simple, big ant should give them the patch and sony or MS go ok, sweet and the patch is done.

theres gotta be something more to this. Wouldnt be suprised if Big ant didnt send it in when they said, or they sent it in and it was riddled with bugs or some shit.

Flame away but thats my opinion.

I know you're probably going to have a go at me and im a bit drunk, but it took big ant 3 years to release this game, it wouldnt suprise me that its their fault that the patch is taking this long.

like HBK said uncharted have released 3 patches in a week or some shit?

How is it not simple, big ant should give them the patch and sony or MS go ok, sweet and the patch is done.

theres gotta be something more to this. Wouldnt be suprised if Big ant didnt send it in when they said, or they sent it in and it was riddled with bugs or some shit.

Flame away but thats my opinion.
After so long without hearing anything, it's fair enough that you're skeptical about the situation.

I just want the bloody thing. :eek:

Set your midfielders to tagging if you're having that much trouble illnino!

I just hope winning the ruck contest against a better ruck is easier after the patch, because I bloody well suck in the ruck haha!

Set your midfielders to tagging if you're having that much trouble illnino!

I just hope winning the ruck contest against a better ruck is easier after the patch, because I bloody well suck in the ruck haha!
I've been trying to improve in the ruck and what I've realised is (for me personally, it might apply for you) I've been jumping too early. I've recently kind of been letting the ball just float in the air at the highest point for that little bit longer before trying to tap it. Seems to be working so far. :thumbsu:

Well neither Sony Australia nor Sony Europe (who Australasia is part of) have neither seen nor heard of any impending patch for this game.. Apparently there have been quite a few calls/emails in regard to this..

Maybe it is taking so long because it is lost??.. either that or it hasn't been submitted yet..

Not too surprised the patch is taking forever, I mean, look how long it took the game to be released.
I C WUT U DID THAR.

The game is buggy as it is - just think of how much more buggy it would be if it were release even three months earlier.

Christ. :rolleyes:

Well neither Sony Australia nor Sony Europe (who Australasia is part of) have neither seen nor heard of any impending patch for this game.. Apparently there have been quite a few calls/emails in regard to this..

Maybe it is taking so long because it is lost??.. either that or it hasn't been submitted yet..

Or maybe it gets submitted to Sony Japan.... in any case everyone is under strict NDA's so no one is going to say anything, and in the alternative if you were to find that they did say something then it would show that they didn't really know what they were talking about (as those in the know are under NDA and wouldn't!).

Or maybe it gets submitted to Sony Japan.... in any case everyone is under strict NDA's so no one is going to say anything, and in the alternative if you were to find that they did say something then it would show that they didn't really know what they were talking about (as those in the know are under NDA and wouldn't!).

Why would the patch be submitted to Sony Japan, if Australia is bound to the Sony Europe sector??..

I don't know what you mean by NDA, but I am gathering it has something to do with Non Disclosure??.. If so, then why would a patch for a game be such a secret??..

Maybe if you were to show some form of proof it has been submitted then your loyal customers will be less of the opinion that you are puliing the wool over their eyes??.. No patch I have personally seen. for any game takes this long to come out..

Going by your logic from previous posts, you couldn't submit it to MS because Sony was down.. now PSN has been up for ~1 month and still nothing.. Don't say it's a backlog at Sony because there were NEW patches out the day PSN was back online..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez Jfactor. Just leave it mate.

Ross has absolutely no reason to come on here and lie to us about this.

Why would the patch be submitted to Sony Japan, if Australia is bound to the Sony Europe sector??..
I agree with you here... normally aussie games are submitted to SCEE.... but who knows....could be different for this game.
I don't know what you mean by NDA, but I am gathering it has something to do with Non Disclosure??.. If so, then why would a patch for a game be such a secret??..
Non Disclosure Agreement is correct. Doesn't matter if it's a patch, if the developer and publisher want nothing to be said, then that's the way it is. Sony and MS employees would be told the same thing....and if anything...err on the side of caution to just not say anything at all.

I would like for Ross to give a definitive statement as to where the patch is at.... however he too may be under NDA (from the publisher), so he might not be able to give anything more away.

I used to think when people said Sandilands and Cox were unbeatable in the game, that they were just crap at contesting the ruck because I normally went alright, but if you play someone who is very good at the ruck who uses Freo or the Eagles, they are damn near unbeatable (and this is coming from someone who's 3rd on the leader board as well, so n00by players stand even less chance).

Heh. I don't find Cox to be unbeatable. He's definitely better than Naitanui (who is shitenhousen in the ruck, unfortunately).

Funnier still is Hawthorn's ruck division is seemingly amped. No matter who plays them (someone as skillful as yourself, or a nuffy like my cousin), they seem to dominate hitouts against most teams. :eek:

Jeez Jfactor. Just leave it mate.

Ross has absolutely no reason to come on here and lie to us about this.

This is the first I have said about it mate, and yes I will leave it, but let me put it this way.. Lets say you buy a new Ferrari, and on your way home you discover that the car will not go above 60km/h, and to change to top gear, you have to hold the brake, accelerator and clutch together at the same time otherwise your car stalls and won't go any further.. Once you get home you ring the dealer and describe your problems and they tell you that to get in to top gear you must go back to 3rd, point your tongue north and blow raspberries, but they are aware of the issue and it is with your engine management system..

They then inform you that they are ordering a new computer for it, and this will also fix other problems that other drivers are facing.. A month or 2 later, after many other drivers asking about it's whereabouts as well yourself are informed that although they ordered the computer, the programmer hasn't got it ready yet, even though all the Lamborghini drivers with issues got their computers from the same programmer from day 1 when their doors opened..

Now I put this to you, if this was the case with your car, would you say "OK, cool, I'll wait", or would you be questioning the integrity of the dealer, and the claims that they have made without showing any proof, when you can clearly see all the Lambo's with their new computers and all the Ferrari's are still waiting??..

I would personally be thinking the part was never ordered..

Now change Ferrari for AFL Live, change Lamborghini for just about any other game on the market, change the issues with the issues the game is having and change the ECU for this patch..

I would like for Ross to give a definitive statement as to where the patch is at.... however he too may be under NDA (from the publisher), so he might not be able to give anything more away.

The NDA can't be too strict as he has already said that MS sent the patch back..

Maybe if you were to show some form of proof it has been submitted then your loyal customers will be less of the opinion that you are puliing the wool over their eyes??.. No patch I have personally seen. for any game takes this long to come out..
Been said before already that Super Meat Boy had a 1MB patch at MS for 3 months, so there's still plenty of time for AFL Live to not be able to break that record.

Happy for anyone to come in and see the patched version for themselves... pretty much over the idea being put forward that the patch doesn't exist.

No one wants the patch out more than I do - I can't apply more pressure than I have done.

Happy for anyone to come in and see the patched version for themselves... pretty much over the idea being put forward that the patch doesn't exist.

No one wants the patch out more than I do - I can't apply more pressure than I have done.

maybe you guys should make a small video with all the new changes in it to silent the idiots.
Just an idea.

maybe you guys should make a small video with all the new changes in it to silent the idiots.
Just an idea.

Not a bad idea... thanks! :)

You know what.....

People are pissing and moaning about no patch and the common complaint is around online games with people quitting or blocking shots on goal and bumping etc....

If people acted with a little integrity instead of spending all their time manipulating flaws in the game and actually played in the spirit it is ment to be played in, the patch release date wouldn't be such a concern.

Dominating factor here...... Peoples attitudes.
If people stopped this sh1t form there would be no one whinging about the patch.

So, instead of canning out Ross and big ant, maybe have a crack at the people who are playing in poor spirit? They are the ones who are ruining this game for everyone.

I have NO DOUBT some of you who quit or manipulate the game for unfair advantage are ones complaining about the patch that's not yet released.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back