AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Live PATCH?

Can't stop people from cheating mate. There will always be people who don't play in the spirit of the game and exploit features.
That's it, unfortunately. Nobody can do anything to stop people exploiting the game to win.

Even if people played in the spirit of the game you still cannot advance in the premiership season.

Yes you can. Simulate the AI first (without saving/exiting) and then play your match - the season will progress.

Yes you can. Simulate the AI first (without saving/exiting) and then play your match - the season will progress.

And that's the issue. The autosave feature has had me stalled since May. The other problem is you only get one chance at playing the game without autosaving. If you stuff it you have to start again.

And that's the issue. The autosave feature has had me stalled since May. The other problem is you only get one chance at playing the game without autosaving. If you stuff it you have to start again.

Well...that and if you're going for the Legend trophy, your season will probably be halted by the injuries bug....

That's 50 hours of my life I'll never get back. :(

We did our best to let people know, post patch you will be able to continue.

Well...that and if you're going for the Legend trophy, your season will probably be halted by the injuries bug....

That's 50 hours of my life I'll never get back. :(

You'll get the 50 hours back post patch where the injuries are capped to a more reasonable level.

Seriously.... I just give up.

Ross, even as someone who is waiting for the patch to be approved before the PC version gets released (presumably) and thus, still hasn't even got the game (unlike those complaining), I think you're easily justified in this. The fact that you're even still paying any attention to these boards says a lot about your dedication.

I've played the game on 360 and PS3 (at friends' and a playtest) and I think it's fantastic. As someone who works for and has done testing for one of the biggest IT corporations in the world, you can never guarantee that everything is going to be picked up by developers, testers and QA. Obviously there's some large bugs which is something I'm sure BigAnt is kicking themselves for, but people moaning about them incessantly to the developer isn't going to help (particularly when the patch is out of their hands).

You'll get the 50 hours back post patch where the injuries are capped to a more reasonable level.
Hehe....I know...I know.... The 50 hours weren't completely wasted.... I didn't learn a hell of a lot about how to play the game.
Which meant that when I went online after that, I wasn't getting smashed, and actually troubled some of the big names on the leaderboard.

Hey Ross, does Antony still play? Would love to see where I'm at compared to the little master.

Ross **** the losers off. Be done with them, they're a bunch of tossers. The game has flaws, Ross you have told us everything, you cant do anymore than what you have done so far. Ignore the complainers. :)

Ok, I'll bite.. Listen kid, I have complained about this so that makes me a loser/tosser??.. Your opinions/thoughts shown in your post reeks of ass kissing.. Ignoring the complainers is really good business sense isn't it??.. So far I have bought 4 copies of this game (2 for myself and 2 as presents for others), and after spending close to $400 on this game, I think I have every right to voice my opinion and voice it I will, as many others have done..

Ross has told us everything, but not until it was bought to his attention by us, the people who forked out their hard earned cash on what is a good game in theory, but with the glaringly obvious bugs I can't help but feel we are merely beta testers..

On that point, Ross has told "US" everything, and by "US" I mean the Bigfooty community.. Now lets be realistic about this, Bigfooty members who purchased this game would be a mere drop in the ocean of the plethora of purchasers of this game.. What happens to the rest of the AFL gaming world who doesn't know that Bigfooty exists??.. How are they meant to know the goings on??.. I would have thought that Bigants own website would have a support/news section, but it appears that it doesn't..

To be realistic we shouldn't even need a patch but hey, you get that..

Ross, please do not think that this is a personal dig at you.. I am more annoyed at your developers/testers let these blatantly obvious issues pass through..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest bug, in my opinion, is the non-progression for a season, which is fixed by simming the AI first.

This wasn't found because they took a team through complete seasons for 80 minute games but we didn't do that for all teams as the game would still be in QA... instead games we simmed - which as (bad) luck would have it is also the fix.

If you iterate the many permutations and combinations of play there tens of years of QA required, it just can't be done, but I would not call this a Beta product.

No issues were found at the many play tests that we ran as well.... it's just one of those things, had we found issues there then they would have been fixed prior to release.

PS: I do thank everyone for their support in purchasing the product - I am endeavouring to repay that support by way of support here and in the patch.

Ok, I'll bite.. Listen kid, I have complained about this so that makes me a loser/tosser??.. Your opinions/thoughts shown in your post reeks of ass kissing.. Ignoring the complainers is really good business sense isn't it??.. So far I have bought 4 copies of this game (2 for myself and 2 as presents for others), and after spending close to $400 on this game, I think I have every right to voice my opinion and voice it I will, as many others have done..

Ross has told us everything, but not until it was bought to his attention by us, the people who forked out their hard earned cash on what is a good game in theory, but with the glaringly obvious bugs I can't help but feel we are merely beta testers..

On that point, Ross has told "US" everything, and by "US" I mean the Bigfooty community.. Now lets be realistic about this, Bigfooty members who purchased this game would be a mere drop in the ocean of the plethora of purchasers of this game.. What happens to the rest of the AFL gaming world who doesn't know that Bigfooty exists??.. How are they meant to know the goings on??.. I would have thought that Bigants own website would have a support/news section, but it appears that it doesn't..

Ross, please do not think that this is a personal dig at you.. I am more annoyed at your developers/testers let these blatantly obvious issues pass through..

Ross knows the game has ****ing problems. WHAT MORE CAN HE DO?! Go on explain it, what else can he possibly do? Piss of Microsoft and have them delay it longer - oh that would be clever. It's not anyone's fault but yours for buying 4 copies of the game? Didn't have to did you?

I'll agree their website should have a news area so that other can know too sim the AI first. I'm just sick of the ****ing complaining.

Do we have a video of the gameplay proving this game has been fixed and the patch exists?

That would shut me up.

My friend, you've just embarrassed yourself.

Most games get patched at some stage or another.

Ross knows the game has ****ing problems. WHAT MORE CAN HE DO?! Go on explain it, what else can he possibly do? Piss of Microsoft and have them delay it longer - oh that would be clever. It's not anyone's fault but yours for buying 4 copies of the game? Didn't have to did you?

I'll agree their website should have a news area so that other can know too sim the AI first. I'm just sick of the ****ing complaining.

I honestly don't think MS/Sony are in the business of playing childish games of "You annoyed me so I'm not playing".. What more could Ross do you ask??.. Well that I am unsure of because no-one really knows what he has done already so that question is slightly redundant.. For all we know Ross could have offered oral pleasures to Hiroshima Tokyo and Asahi Suzuki (if you have Ross, I will stop immediately!!).. No, I didn't have to buy 4 copies but at least I can say I have done my share to give a glimmer of hope to a new, improved game next year..

Do you tell the people at the footy who go on about umpiring that they you are sick of them complaining??.. It's a game we are talking about here mate, not a slice of bread when you are starving..

My friend, you've just embarrassed yourself.

Most games get patched at some stage or another.

I wouldn't say embarrassed mate, but I definately didn't give that comment the thought it deserves..

The biggest bug, in my opinion, is the non-progression for a season, which is fixed by simming the AI first.

This wasn't found because they took a team through complete seasons for 80 minute games but we didn't do that for all teams as the game would still be in QA... instead games we simmed - which as (bad) luck would have it is also the fix.

If you iterate the many permutations and combinations of play there tens of years of QA required, it just can't be done, but I would not call this a Beta product.

No issues were found at the many play tests that we ran as well.... it's just one of those things, had we found issues there then they would have been fixed prior to release.

PS: I do thank everyone for their support in purchasing the product - I am endeavouring to repay that support by way of support here and in the patch.

Missing the hold L2 to punch not working properly was pretty random Ross xD.

Not meaning to sound offensive here, but IMHO that would be the one where your testers would be saying "wow, how did we miss that one"

Either way just ignore the haters. NBA2k11 froze just about every time you loaded it up before the first patch.

EDIT: Oh I was meaning to ask. Do you think there will be any chance of list updates via patches Ross? Or any major feature additions?

I honestly don't think MS/Sony are in the business of playing childish games of "You annoyed me so I'm not playing".. What more could Ross do you ask??.. Well that I am unsure of because no-one really knows what he has done already so that question is slightly redundant.. For all we know Ross could have offered oral pleasures to Hiroshima Tokyo and Asahi Suzuki (if you have Ross, I will stop immediately!!).. No, I didn't have to buy 4 copies but at least I can say I have done my share to give a glimmer of hope to a new, improved game next year..

Do you tell the people at the footy who go on about umpiring that they you are sick of them complaining??.. It's a game we are talking about here mate, not a slice of bread when you are starving..

I wouldn't say embarrassed mate, but I definately didn't give that comment the thought it deserves..

For one I think complaining about umpiring is pointless, what comes from it? Ross has done everything, believe it or not, he told us as much as he coul, even before the game came out.

I'm not sure if it was identified before you worked on the patch, but what about the bug wherein you accept an online invite when you are not in the online menu, and it causes all your data (save games/trophy room/custom teams and players) to be wiped?

Even "Hello world" had a memory leak.

I think you'd agree that AFL Live is several orders of magnitude more complex than this very well known statement.

I'm still waiting for my patch to Super Mario Bros that will show the amount of extra lives I have properly, instead of displaying them in hexadecimal.

This is the first I have said about it mate, and yes I will leave it, but let me put it this way.. Lets say you buy a new Ferrari, and on your way home you discover that the car will not go above 60km/h, and to change to top gear, you have to hold the brake, accelerator and clutch together at the same time otherwise your car stalls and won't go any further.. Once you get home you ring the dealer and describe your problems and they tell you that to get in to top gear you must go back to 3rd, point your tongue north and blow raspberries, but they are aware of the issue and it is with your engine management system..

They then inform you that they are ordering a new computer for it, and this will also fix other problems that other drivers are facing.. A month or 2 later, after many other drivers asking about it's whereabouts as well yourself are informed that although they ordered the computer, the programmer hasn't got it ready yet, even though all the Lamborghini drivers with issues got their computers from the same programmer from day 1 when their doors opened..

Now I put this to you, if this was the case with your car, would you say "OK, cool, I'll wait", or would you be questioning the integrity of the dealer, and the claims that they have made without showing any proof, when you can clearly see all the Lambo's with their new computers and all the Ferrari's are still waiting??..

I would personally be thinking the part was never ordered..

Now change Ferrari for AFL Live, change Lamborghini for just about any other game on the market, change the issues with the issues the game is having and change the ECU for this patch..

The NDA can't be too strict as he has already said that MS sent the patch back..

Bit different seeing as BigAnt is a really small AUSSIE company (yes I know you used two well known bla bla bla) competing against the likes of EA and shit who have a million games with a million patches...Of course this game is gonna get put on the back burner time and time again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back