AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to say, i played one game on legendary and while i had a slow start, i still ended up doubling the opponent's score once i adjusted to the new gameplay changes.

That is not good to hear, I was hoping for a challenging AI because I am now in the Grand Final vs the Cats chasing the 20 min/extreme injuries trophy. I am playing co op with a mate but we are giving up 100+ leads (even 220 vs Gold Coast) and still chasing them down with ease.

Game has frozen twice just after the team management screen. Game is about to start then the screen goes black, had to quit the game. (so the ps3 isn't frozen)

This didn't happen pre-patch. :S

We had two players btw. Playing online, the clock ran out as we were customising the team. The Screen then went black.

Cheers.

EDIT: Just happened again, I doubt my brother got timed out in the team selection screen this time as well.

EDIT: Happened AGAIN! My brother says he timed out making changes every time as well.

Massive bug this one. Will avoid having to make long changes I suppose.
=S

Can anyone confirm that players don't overrun the ball anymore? I know you can hold triangle to lock onto it, but I think the patch was supposed to fix it anyway.

Can anyone confirm that players don't overrun the ball anymore? I know you can hold triangle to lock onto it, but I think the patch was supposed to fix it anyway.

Seems to be more of the opposite from the games I've played. Have had a couple of real shockers in the defensive 50 where the player simply just runs right over the ball. :(

If you run straight over the ball you will always pick it up, but by pressing triangle your player will always run at the ball. Otherwise sometimes you miss by a foot or so.

Yey about time
I did notice it when I started to play AFL last evening, was about 9054kb in size, is this right?

So what issues does this patch fix?

Sorry if this has been asked, if there is a sticky that says this point me to it please, if not, maybe there should be one?

Thanks
Phil

If you run straight over the ball you will always pick it up, but by pressing triangle your player will always run at the ball. Otherwise sometimes you miss by a foot or so.

Yes true that would do it, I had a good one last night, a AI player just stopped running, stopped dead and allowed my player to pick up ball and I press Squre and kicked a goal from boundary line, Push up King on his left!

How does one kick a banna goal?

Is it square and X?

Thanks
Phil

Seems to be more of the opposite from the games I've played. Have had a couple of real shockers in the defensive 50 where the player simply just runs right over the ball. :(

Yep it's actually worse in the patch; players overrun the ball more, even if you go right over it and hold triangle. Has cost me a few games already.

I'm worried that I'll be forced to either make a custom team or a super Melbourne team just so I can be competitive, especially given I'll largely be matched against good players given my XP :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not missing out on much mate. Player stats haven't changed, no aesthetics have been altered and the A.I is still as pathetic as the blues without Judd.

don't let your timer run out before the game, that results in it freezing.

First off, Ross, my apologies for ever doubting the existence of this patch..

Is it just me or are does there seem to be a few things wrong to me.. Here are a few things I have noticed..

*20:00 waiting to be matched as I type this.. I have never had to wait this long before..

*It seems a lot of the AI is a lot worse off overall.. I have noticed multiple things that are WTF moments such as the man on the mark just dawdling off and not being able to be controlled, among others..

*No quitters that I have seen yet, but the excessive bumpers and shot blockers are still out there..

*I don't know if it was supposed to be changed, but I have also noticed that team management settings don't save before a game.. I noticed this 3 games in a row..

I don't know what to think after actually seeing the patch..

First off, Ross, my apologies for ever doubting the existence of this patch..

Is it just me or are does there seem to be a few things wrong to me.. Here are a few things I have noticed..

*20:00 waiting to be matched as I type this.. I have never had to wait this long before..

*It seems a lot of the AI is a lot worse off overall.. I have noticed multiple things that are WTF moments such as the man on the mark just dawdling off and not being able to be controlled, among others..

*No quitters that I have seen yet, but the excessive bumpers and shot blockers are still out there..

*I don't know if it was supposed to be changed, but I have also noticed that team management settings don't save before a game.. I noticed this 3 games in a row..

I don't know what to think after actually seeing the patch..

I didn't think shot blocking was possible? :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back