AFL Live Season 2013 roster update

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you trying to hint at something?

I was under the impression that Ross had already said they were working on AFL Live 2 some time ago.
Ross, nor BigAnt ever stated such. They said they will continue making games, not what games or that within that was an AFL Live game.

And remember, there were 2 devs that made an AFL Live game.

there were 2 devs that made an AFL Live game.
250px-AFLWiiCover.jpg

template.jpg

BigAnt don't necessarily have to be making the next game (unfortunately).

Ross had previously stressed though that AFL live 1 would be an investment for their future AFL games. He also pointed out that AFL had good-ish game sales. Unless Bigant is about to go under I'd be surprised if AFL wasn't released by them.

How good is this. The video on hawks website clearly means there is a new game coming out, and not just a patch. You wouldnt need to take numerous shots of all players for a DLC. Awesome

How good is this. The video on hawks website clearly means there is a new game coming out, and not just a patch. You wouldnt need to take numerous shots of all players for a DLC. Awesome

To be fair, it was never doubted that there was going to be a new game - what was in question was if we'd get anything this year, and if so, whether it'd be the new game or a patch. Unfortunately, these videos of the photo shoots at clubs suggests that we probably won't see the new game for a little while yet; maybe even having to wait until next year if there's any unseen delays.

To be fair, it was never doubted that there was going to be a new game - what was in question was if we'd get anything this year, and if so, whether it'd be the new game or a patch. Unfortunately, these videos of the photo shoots at clubs suggests that we probably won't see the new game for a little while yet; maybe even having to wait until next year if there's any unseen delays.
This might even mean it won't be released on current gen consoles :(

This might even mean it won't be released on current gen consoles :(
I'd say not, as it would require porting for the new generation consoles which could prove problematic. Plus, as history has shown, just because a new console comes out, doesn't mean that the consoles from the previous generation immediately die out - there's a good two or three years spent in a transitional period.

I'd say not, as it would require porting for the new generation consoles which could prove problematic. Plus, as history has shown, just because a new console comes out, doesn't mean that the consoles from the previous generation immediately die out - there's a good two or three years spent in a transitional period.
Hopefully

Im no development expert (or amateur) but wouldn't the player photos be one of the final instalments in making a game? Seriously, all the hard work has been done (ie. motion, gameplay, design) and all they would be doing is adding each player photo to a default player model. Why take every players photo today for a game in two years, what sense would that make?

Not much needs to be done to the original. Just a career mode etc. added

Database update could be done in maybe two days with their software (doing it manually takes me an hour a team max probably, there software would halve the time). I'd do it for a free copy of the game if they asked me.

Im no development expert (or amateur) but wouldn't the player photos be one of the final instalments in making a game? Seriously, all the hard work has been done (ie. motion, gameplay, design) and all they would be doing is adding each player photo to a default player model. Why take every players photo today for a game in two years, what sense would that make?

Not much needs to be done to the original. Just a career mode etc. added

Database update could be done in maybe two days with their software (doing it manually takes me an hour a team max probably, there software would halve the time). I'd do it for a free copy of the game if they asked me.
i'm not really an expert either, one would suspect all the character models would get put in at some stage during during the alpha stage of development, then they lock it down and go to beta, so that makes me think the release would be at the end of the season at the earliest.

Who really knows how many man hours go into putting the photos on the models, and its worth noting that not all the models had the same level of detail in the previous game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think it certainly would be one of the last instalments, however there's still a long way to go. If we assumed that this was the very last "key thing" to be done, there'd still have to be another two weeks (at least) of polishing to make sure everything is as balanced and bug free as possible, followed by submission to Sony and Microsoft for approval, which in itself can take a long time (mainly due to the face that AAA titles jump the queue in the submission line), and then the discs need to be pressed, packaged, and shipped to the storefronts.

All up, you're looking at a good 3 months or more; and that is making the assumptions outlined above. There is plenty of opportunity for delay amongst that. And who's to say that TruBlu will even allow the game to be released, anyway? The earliest date that the game could be released may not be appealing enough from a sales perspective, so they may delay it until early next year. Who knows?

Having said all that, I know very little about the development and publishing processes so could be way off the mark.

Why would they take pictures of the current Hawks list then redo it all when the list has changed next year.

Definite 2013 release.

Why would they take pictures of the current Hawks list then redo it all when the list has changed next year.

Definite 2013 release.
Who says they'd have to redo it all for next year? If the game is slated for a mid-year release (which is a reasonable expectation) but there are some unforeseen a hiccups, then the earliest it could be released may not be until season's end, at which point the publisher could say that it isn't financially viable to release it at that time, hence would delay it to the start of the 2014 season. All current player models would be kept, and basic generic ones would be used for new players next season (much like they were in AFL Live 1).

any good tournaments or anyone up for some fair, real list, no bumping epic matches?

Online frustrates me and I end up putting 2K back on...

One of the key things for me is that online play only be non custom teams. I like to think I'm pretty decent, but when you come up against douche's with forwards that have 99 marking, 99 speed and are 2m tall, there's just no point playing. Very frustrating.
When you get a game against someone who hasn't outrageously upped their stats, some epic matches can be had

One of the key things for me is that online play only be non custom teams. I like to think I'm pretty decent, but when you come up against douche's with forwards that have 99 marking, 99 speed and are 2m tall, there's just no point playing. Very frustrating.
When you get a game against someone who hasn't outrageously upped their stats, some epic matches can be had

Agreed. I never go to the online matchup anymore. I only play people on my friends list.

I disagree.. some players are way undervalued in the game, so it's good to pump them up.

As long as the players are actually listed with that club. Hate playing teams with Buddy and Judd etc..

Everyone gets the same amount of points so it becomes strategic how you distribute the points...

There aren't enough points to get everyone to 99... I hate people that jack up their ruck to ridiculous levels..

my whole team is pretty fair I would have thought..

Hoping to get a PS3 soon. Hopefully a 2013 one comes out.

after last season's update i noticed that Veteran mode wasn't as quick and smooth before the update, don't know if it changed but i liked Veteran mode as it was before.

just something i noticed when i play sim games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back