AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Mackay - 2010 Season

Well well, so it was a fluke by the Swans last year. Brad will have the Tigers fireing come the finals and won't be stopped.

Who can beat the yelow and black machine? Eagles can't match them in the hardness stakes, that's been proven. After the Eagles made idiots of themselves last year, the Tigers will more than fancy themselves in the GF.

Tigers for mine thanks.
I wouldnt take to much out our last hit out against Bakers Creek, we only had 13 players out. It will be interesting come finals time. Hawks are the side to beat in my opinion.

Great to see some good natured banter appearing on here as we approach finals time.I arrived at Zeolla Park last saturday just before the three quarter time break with the scoreboard suggesting North were right in the contest.
This wasn't the case with the very impressive Eagles slamming on 11 goals to 2 from memory in a ruthless manner.The Saints had a few key players standing on the boundary line...Thomas[coach],Brody Dwyer,Smithy and Bilal to name a few...Whitsunday may have been full strength,maybe not but any club who expects them to rollover again this year will be in for a rude awakening.

Swans dont really deserve to make the finals but at least mathematically are still in the mix.I havn't seen Bakers play this year but agree that Hawks are the main challenger and are mighty hungry for a flag having been the bridesmaid but not the bride many times since their last flag in 2000...who knows if they got up Regan and Ecker Stripp may even have a drink.:D

Whitsunday may have been full strength,maybe not but any club who expects them to rollover again this year will be in for a rude awakening.

Swans dont really deserve to make the finals but at least mathematically are still in the mix.

I'm expecting Whitsunday to roll over again, as you put it. They don't like it when it gets hard and who ever gets in the GF would be rapt if Whitsunday was their opponent:thumbsu:.

Re Swans- Havn't got a hope in hell of repeating last years fluke, unless they played the Eagles, but all in all it's been a paper thin title defence:thumbsdown:.

Tigers 2010.

Great to see some good natured banter appearing on here as we approach finals time.I arrived at Zeolla Park last saturday just before the three quarter time break with the scoreboard suggesting North were right in the contest.
This wasn't the case with the very impressive Eagles slamming on 11 goals to 2 from memory in a ruthless manner.The Saints had a few key players standing on the boundary line...Thomas[coach],Brody Dwyer,Smithy and Bilal to name a few...Whitsunday may have been full strength,maybe not but any club who expects them to rollover again this year will be in for a rude awakening.

Swans dont really deserve to make the finals but at least mathematically are still in the mix.I havn't seen Bakers play this year but agree that Hawks are the main challenger and are mighty hungry for a flag having been the bridesmaid but not the bride many times since their last flag in 2000...who knows if they got up Regan and Ecker Stripp may even have a drink.:D

Tell me why Swans dont deserve to make the finals?
Certain players dont due to their lack off committment and interest at times but for the ones that train every night and have a crack every saturday, they deserve to play finals.

Personally, on song Whitsunday are the best team, i dont rate the Hawkes that highly but for some reason the Hawkes always seem to get close to Whitsunday of recent.
Who ever it may be i cant see 3 or 4th going behind the first week of the finals but stranger things have happenend.

The only thing that may upset Whitsunday is if they have a full list to pick from come finals time is getting the team balance right but thats a good prediciment to be in.

Tell me why Swans dont deserve to make the finals?
Certain players dont due to their lack off committment and interest at times but for the ones that train every night and have a crack every saturday, they deserve to play finals.

Personally, on song Whitsunday are the best team, i dont rate the Hawkes that highly but for some reason the Hawkes always seem to get close to Whitsunday of recent.
Who ever it may be i cant see 3 or 4th going behind the first week of the finals but stranger things have happenend.

The only thing that may upset Whitsunday is if they have a full list to pick from come finals time is getting the team balance right but thats a good prediciment to be in.
''Dont really derserve to make the finals''is the wrong way to word it on reflection,what i probarbly meant to say is they[you] havn't played well enough to merit taking part in the finals.
I havn't paid much attention to the ladder but think there is a huge differential in for and against percentage.Therefore you would need to have a huge win and rely on the 'Creekers losing by equally massive margins.Think Whitsunday will oblige this round.
May go to Harrup Park to check out the Hawks vSaints but more likely go and watch the bllues band at the Kooyong instead.

Good luck anyway to you and Swans anyway PH AND THANKS FOR THE AWESOME MEMORIES FROM LAST YEAR.:thumbsu::)

''Dont really derserve to make the finals''is the wrong way to word it on reflection,what i probarbly meant to say is they[you] havn't played well enough to merit taking part in the finals.
I havn't paid much attention to the ladder but think there is a huge differential in for and against percentage.Therefore you would need to have a huge win and rely on the 'Creekers losing by equally massive margins.Think Whitsunday will oblige this round.
May go to Harrup Park to check out the Hawks vSaints but more likely go and watch the bllues band at the Kooyong instead.

Good luck anyway to you and Swans anyway PH AND THANKS FOR THE AWESOME MEMORIES FROM LAST YEAR.:thumbsu::)

Yeah your right our form thus far doesnt warrant a finals appearance.
There's scenarios for the swans to make the finals deservedly or not.

Scenario 1. Bakers loose to Whitsunday this week and hawks the following week and Swans beat Mooranbah then Saints, both Bakers and Swans will be on same points come round 18 and the winner of round 18 will finish fourth.

Scenario 2. pending Bakers loose next two games and swans loose 1 of next two games then Swans will need beat Bakers round 18 and make up alot of % to finish on equal points but finish 4th by %.

Scenario 1 is more realistic.

Yeah your right our form thus far doesnt warrant a finals appearance.
There's scenarios for the swans to make the finals deservedly or not.

Scenario 1. Bakers loose to Whitsunday this week and hawks the following week and Swans beat Mooranbah then Saints, both Bakers and Swans will be on same points come round 18 and the winner of round 18 will finish fourth.

Scenario 2. pending Bakers loose next two games and swans loose 1 of next two games then Swans will need beat Bakers round 18 and make up alot of % to finish on equal points but finish 4th by %.

Scenario 1 is more realistic.
Bakers have forfeited, very disappointing. Have the wheels fallen off down at Bakers? Surely they could have fielded a side.

Bakers have forfeited, very disappointing. Have the wheels fallen off down at Bakers? Surely they could have fielded a side.
What a gutless act....they are probarbly priding themselves on some great tactical coup...get ready for big slide,maybe Swans will get to play in a final:eek:

Yeah i got news of Bakers forfeiting aswell which has two dissappointing points to it.

Point 1- Thats two forfeits Whitsunday have had now which is very dissappointing because clubs rely on home games for revenue to survive.

Point 2- Bakers forfeiting means they dont loose % from a big loss which would've been on the cards if Bakers had of scratched a sub standard team together.

Point 2 leaves alot to be discussed, 4th position could come down to % being the deciding factor.
The Swans have struggled to get a side together for the last two games, very close to foreiting, and tactically it would've been smarter to forfeit both games instead of coping two 20 goal loss's and loosing 30% which in effect could cost the Swans a finals birth.
But morally the Swans scratched a side together with 2-3 18's kids doubling up and 5-6 2nd's players doubling up and some senior players playing with injuries plus the old strugglinging coach having to play!

My concern is that with the current rules/penalties in regards to a forfeit, where's the incentive for a side to play with a last minute put together side and be vunerable to coping a hiding and more importantly loose vital % opposed to forfeiting and loosingh no %.
There needs/should be a rule put in place that the concequences of forfeiting is a fine and a set amount of % lost, say 10-15%, to stop it becoming a tactical advantage to forfeit.

Every one except Steve ham head agree or disagree?

Swans beat Mooranbah then Saints,

But you won't beat Saints, this is where your theory is flawed my friend.

Sometimes curcumstances prevail, so Tigers not taking the field this weekend is certainly disappointing and not good for Whitsunday FC either. Well not good for footy in general.

Yeah i got news of Bakers forfeiting aswell which has two dissappointing points to it.

Point 1- Thats two forfeits Whitsunday have had now which is very dissappointing because clubs rely on home games for revenue to survive.

Point 2- Bakers forfeiting means they dont loose % from a big loss which would've been on the cards if Bakers had of scratched a sub standard team together.

Point 2 leaves alot to be discussed, 4th position could come down to % being the deciding factor.
The Swans have struggled to get a side together for the last two games, very close to foreiting, and tactically it would've been smarter to forfeit both games instead of coping two 20 goal loss's and loosing 30% which in effect could cost the Swans a finals birth.
But morally the Swans scratched a side together with 2-3 18's kids doubling up and 5-6 2nd's players doubling up and some senior players playing with injuries plus the old strugglinging coach having to play!

My concern is that with the current rules/penalties in regards to a forfeit, where's the incentive for a side to play with a last minute put together side and be vunerable to coping a hiding and more importantly loose vital % opposed to forfeiting and loosingh no %.
There needs/should be a rule put in place that the concequences of forfeiting is a fine and a set amount of % lost, say 10-15%, to stop it becoming a tactical advantage to forfeit.

Every one except Steve ham head agree or disagree?
Im not sure you would call either of the forfeits tactical moves but i think you are right in saying there needs to be more of a penalty for the side that forfeits.
We have now had 2 home games worth of revenue missed because of 2 sides piss poor efforts. Like you said PH, Bakers should have done what you blokes did and scrape together a side.
I really feel sorry for Mooroonbah next weekend this will mean we will come out even harder at them.

Wondering if the 'Creekers will forfeit again this weak?
They should be right next Saturday as they will have all the old guys here for the 40 year reunion.....might i suggest they get a jumper on Merv Stevens,Franksy and maybe Rick Paton.:eek::thumbsu:

Wondering if the 'Creekers will forfeit again this weak?
They should be right next Saturday as they will have all the old guys here for the 40 year reunion.....might i suggest they get a jumper on Merv Stevens,Franksy and maybe Rick Paton.:eek::thumbsu:

Pretty sure they havent forfieted, hope Hawks belt them and the Swannies get up!

JB, You heard of an ex Swan Ben Sutton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure they havent forfieted, hope Hawks belt them and the Swannies get up!

JB, You heard of an ex Swan Ben Sutton?
Yes PH hard at it midfielder around 30 years of age ,played some relly good footy for Swannies around late 90's-early 00's.Been in W.A. and Sydney in recent years.Is a carpenter by trade.His uncle is Trev. McCann..cousins Zac and Sammy...anything else you need to know..ha...ha.:)

Yes PH hard at it midfielder around 30 years of age ,played some relly good footy for Swannies around late 90's-early 00's.Been in W.A. and Sydney in recent years.Is a carpenter by trade.His uncle is Trev. McCann..cousins Zac and Sammy...anything else you need to know..ha...ha.:)

Rumour has it he may be lining up in the centre tomorrow for the Swannies!

Big night at the tribunal tonight with Peter Bond fighting a charge of spitting. If he gets found guilty of this i think it will open up a whole new can of worms. There is no evidence against Bondy its pretty much his word against Jenkins word. If found guilty, who is to say players in the future wont just pull bull s**t out and accuse people of stuff that they didnt do.

Big night at the tribunal tonight with Peter Bond fighting a charge of spitting. If he gets found guilty of this i think it will open up a whole new can of worms. There is no evidence against Bondy its pretty much his word against Jenkins word. If found guilty, who is to say players in the future wont just pull bull s**t out and accuse people of stuff that they didnt do.

If Bondy gets rubbed it will be a blight on the game. No way will he get week/weeks, if so me may aswel shut the doors and go home, would be a woeful decision.

Next week 25 players will be up on spitting charges if Bondy gets outed. Need strong evidence on this one but common sence will prevail.

Unless there's witness's they only way to prove Bondy's guilty is if there was Bondy's saliva found on Jenkin's but even then you would to prove how it got there.

If there was now evidence how/why did he get reported?

Did Jenkins dob on him?

Unless there's witness's they only way to prove Bondy's guilty is if there was Bondy's saliva found on Jenkin's but even then you would to prove how it got there.

If there was now evidence how/why did he get reported?

Did Jenkins dob on him?

PH, how do you feel about your season ending tomorrow? Hawthorne premiership defence:eek:.

Footnote inregards to Bondy..............

'IF' and thats a big 'IF', Bondy did spit, I'm certain he wouldn't try that s**t against the Tigers, as he'd have i fist down his throat pronto and be minus a few teeth. But once again, thats 'IF' he did spit.

'IF' there was video footage, i'd rub the filth bag for 10, piss poor act if anyone spits. Dirty tiprat.

Found not guilty which is the way it should have been.

Im not sure if Jenkins dobbed or someone else from the Saints. Statements were taken from multiple players from both sides and an investigation took place followed by a tribunal hearing.

Found not guilty which is the way it should have been.

Im not sure if Jenkins dobbed or someone else from the Saints. Statements were taken from multiple players from both sides and an investigation took place followed by a tribunal hearing.

Was suprised to hear Eagles got dun by Hawkes up at Airlie, 5 goals is a fairly convincingly win especially up there.
Its far from panic stations but Strop would have to be some what concerned coming into this weeks clash against the Hawks again?
Bakers ground is in goo nick too, softish which is a bonus this time of year.

Was suprised to hear Eagles got dun by Hawkes up at Airlie, 5 goals is a fairly convincingly win especially up there.
Its far from panic stations but Strop would have to be some what concerned coming into this weeks clash against the Hawks again?
Bakers ground is in goo nick too, softish which is a bonus this time of year.
Not panic stations at all, yeah we would have liked the win but got beaten by the better side on the day.
A couple of big ins this weekend with O'Riely back in and last years captain Funky back as well for the first game in 7 weeks.

Great victory by the Hawks and well deserved. Will it be a straight sets crumble for W/S? Last years choke must be still in their minds, but then again that was last year.

Don't want to re hash the un sportsman like spitting incident but a Saints player i spoke to at the game said he watched Bondy spit on Jenkins. He said in no uncertain terms it happened.

I asked him if he was taking a small urine sample out of me but he said in no uncertain terms, HE SPAT. This guy got a little animated whilst telling me and i was very close to tipping my beer on his scone. Anyway, Tigers all the way for mine. Once again, solid win by the Hawks.

Hhhhmmmm no Tiger flag for 2010.

PH, how did you like our hello to you when we ran into you this arvo? Sorry brah but we'd all had a few mate.

Hhhhmmmm no Tiger flag for 2010.

PH, how did you like our hello to you when we ran into you this arvo? Sorry brah but we'd all had a few mate.

Ahh so you were one of them yeah!
Yeah didnt that make my day!
Talk about bad timing, i walk out of my office and into a dozen drunk Bakers boys on their mad monday pub crawl leaving Maguires.
Its bad enough i get abused on the footy every Saturday arfternoon and now its happening on the streets.
I crossed the road quick smart, luckily most of were to drunk to recognise me until i was in the distance!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back