Star Wars Ahsoka [Starts 23rd August on Disney+]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got round to watching the finale as I was away... the phrase 'all sizzle, no steak' comes to mind. I had a fear early on that this would be a prologue and nothing else and that's more or less what's come to pass. Sabine and Ahsoka start the show trying to return Ezra from a lost galaxy and we end with Ezra home and Sabine and Ahsoka in a lost galaxy. The characters just traded places, we haven't really gone anywhere and we're expected to believe that everyone is where they are meant to be because the dialogue told us.

So who will come get Sab and Ahsoka now? I guess Ezra knows where they are. Maybe he can use the force to communicate with them.

Also, was ray stevenson that good? or was he good in a show that didnt quite deliver according to scribes. Or to go full tin hat, was he awesome because he died (everyone becomes a saint or the best)

i do look fowrard to s2 despite everything that was presented. its just nice to go into the SW universe for a few hours.

We seem to be united in a giant shrug.

Could have been better, could have been worse.
penny-shrug.gif

Thrawn still has the hyperdrive ring thing so there's still a way back to the other galaxy.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Also, was ray stevenson that good? or was he good in a show that didnt quite deliver according to scribes. Or to go full tin hat, was he awesome because he died (everyone becomes a saint or the best)
Stevenson had the presence and the gravitas; he looked like he 'belonged'. There wasn't anything he did in particular that was great, but every time he appeared on screen, things seemed more important. Don't think he's being elevated because he died, he just looked like the most 'Star Wars character' of anyone, despite most of the others being established Star Wars characters.

Stevenson had the presence and the gravitas; he looked like he 'belonged'. There wasn't anything he did in particular that was great, but every time he appeared on screen, things seemed more important. Don't think he's being elevated because he died, he just looked like the most 'Star Wars character' of anyone, despite most of the others being established Star Wars characters.

I think part of it was his contrast with Shin who looked so jarringly out of place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been on a bit of a rabbit hole watching Star Wars fights. Ahsoka series is missing the weight of the lightsabers. The choreograph are decent but it feels like they're doing a song and dance instead of trying to kill/defend for survival.

Where's the sense of threat, danger when they're activated. When the Jedi's or dark side use the force there's a sense of suffocation and gravitas. For all the criticisms and short comings of Rian Johnson's SW, at least he had the right idea when it came to fighting scenes.

I think all of these can be valid though I do recognise his death has left a lot of people wondering what if

I'm going to fall on the side of he was better than everyone else. He recognised who his character was and didnt step outside any boundary that turned it into a comic one

Right well there's something that I can firmly object to

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I retract that statement, was going to write how Rian Johnson at least redeems himself but didn't realise The Rise of Skywalker scenes that I enjoyed was directed by JJ Abrams 😆.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back