Roast Alastair Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko... lol

The man is a walking contradiction.

1) Calls Lloyd a weak !@#$ for his hit. However, he is remembered for the dirtiest snipe in history.

2) Talks about the heart and soul of a club being ripped out due to trading premiership players. They would have traded Campbell Brown if there wasn't such a sudden outcry. Then to top it off, they trade a premiership player anyway (Mark Williams). WTF?

Then to deflect attention comes out and bags Essendon. This guy has some serious mental issues. Alongside his small man syndrome.

Re: Alistair Clarkson

He did want to stay. Your club didn't give him the contract he wanted. Basically telling him he is unwanted and cast him aside. Spin it any way you like, you know it's the truth.
You're the one spinning it.

Kennedy is a player outside our best 22, behind our inside players Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis, Hodge, who managed a few games in the ones last year. The contact we offered was fair in that situation.

Sydney offered him a 3 year deal and he went for it, which is fair enough, much the same way Williams would never have gotten a 3 year deal at Hawthorn.

We didn't want to lose him, but he asked to be traded to Sydney for a better deal and security.

Not really sure what your point is, ( or what you are suggesting Hawthorn should have done in the circumstances) except for the obtuse argument in trying to liken it to what Clarkson was talking about with star players leaving Essendon.

Not really sure what your point is, ( or what you are suggesting Hawthorn should have done in the circumstances) except for the obtuse argument in trying to liken it to what Clarkson was talking about with star players leaving Essendon.
That's right.

Clarkson is a hypocrite. He traded away players because he could not offer them the deal they wanted. The exact same thing we did in 2001.

Except that we just couldn't keep them period. Had to take draft picks instead. Hawthorn offloaded their players which they could have kept in order to chase mercenaries in Gibson and Burgoyne.

Your club's culture is a disgrace. :) :thumbsu:

Funny stuff.
Brown got up and walked away cos he knew the fight was over and he was about to be reported, he didn't run away like you say. He was just leaving the scene of the crime, so to speak.

Hahahaha, noooo. Watch again. As soon as Lloyd ducks backwards out of Brown's hands, Brown scurries forward low down, looking over his shoulder the whole time. Point is he only punches him while he's totally pinned. Soon as Lloyd can actually defend himself he does run away. Not sure how you can watch that and say he "walked away" or that "the fight was over" because as soon as the fight could have actually started, a.k.a neither one was pinned, Brown bolts all the while looking back.

Watch Lloyd point to the umpire and start his whinge session.

I love that all you can get out of the clip was that Lloyd does the right thing, and spin it like its something to be embarrased about.
- Punching a guy who's pinned and then running like a girl when the fight is fair.
- Bitch slapping a player who isn't the one who upset you.
- Being associated with the Hawthorn football club.
These are things worth being embarrased about. :thumbsu:

Hahahaha, noooo. Watch again. As soon as Lloyd ducks backwards out of Brown's hands, Brown scurries forward low down, looking over his shoulder the whole time. Point is he only punches him while he's totally pinned. Soon as Lloyd can actually defend himself he does run away. Not sure how you can watch that and say he "walked away" or that "the fight was over" because as soon as the fight could have actually started, a.k.a neither one was pinned, Brown bolts all the while looking back.
Brown doesn't bolt. He get's up and walks off, making sure that he wasn't about to cop it from behind.
And Lloyd, well he's being held back by the monster known as Clinton Young. :rolleyes:

I love that all you can get out of the clip was that Lloyd does the right thing, and spin it like its something to be embarrased about.
- Punching a guy who's pinned and then running like a girl when the fight is fair.
- Bitch slapping a player who isn't the one who upset you.
- Being associated with the Hawthorn football club.
These are things worth being embarrased about. :thumbsu:
Once again, can't see Brown running anywhere.
Can't see any bitch slapping there either?
Being associated with the HFC is a bad thing? Is that why you've got the username you do? :thumbsu:

Brown doesn't bolt. He get's up and walks off, making sure that he wasn't about to cop it from behind.
And Lloyd, well he's being held back by the monster known as Clinton Young. :rolleyes:

Being associated with the HFC is a bad thing? Is that why you've got the username you do? :thumbsu:

It's not hard to see mate, Campbell throws a heap of punches on Lloyd when he's on the ground, Lloyd gets up Brown walks off.

Hardly what we call "tough" now is it?

Just face facts that the Campbell Brown tough guy myth was found out this year, all he is now is a s**t player, instead of a tough s**t player.

It's not hard to see mate, Campbell throws
Just face facts that the Campbell Brown tough guy myth was found out this year, all he is now is a s**t player, instead of a tough s**t player.

Lol...love your work..:thumbsu:

Suck it up Hawks fans....Brown is more of a sniper than Lloyd ever was.

Not that i think Lloyd was a sniper of course..

That's right.

Clarkson is a hypocrite. He traded away players because he could not offer them the deal they wanted. The exact same thing we did in 2001.

Except that we just couldn't keep them period. Had to take draft picks instead. Hawthorn offloaded their players which they could have kept in order to chase mercenaries in Gibson and Burgoyne.

Your club's culture is a disgrace. :) :thumbsu:
Firstly, can't believe you guys are so defensive about what Clarkson said, who cares?

Secondly, if you honestly think there is a positive correlation between what Essendon had in terms of players leaving, and Williams and Kennedy leaving for more opportunity, as its debatable what their opportunties would be in our best 22 in the coming years, then there is no point in arguing, cause I strongly disagree.

Lol...love your work..:thumbsu:

Suck it up Hawks fans....Brown is more of a sniper than Lloyd ever was.

Not that i think Lloyd was a sniper of course..
Hilarious, that video clearly just shows Brown giving it back to Lloyd who original sniped him, and who Hawthorn have thought has down for a while.

That was one incident, but if you count Brown, there is taking Thurgood out with his arm guard, and also the Sewell incident. Surely this "sniping" thing hasn't come from no where.

I'd like to see examples of where Brown hasn't gone in hard at the contest, but just gone in to take people out who aren't watching in order to cause harm. He gets involved physically and puts his body on the line. Hardly "sniping" off players who aren't ready for it.

One of the most courageous player in the game, who gets angry and goes over the top sometimes.

Not sure how that is a sniper, or has the runs on the board like Lloyd has.

Hilarious, that video clearly just shows Brown giving it back to Lloyd who original sniped him, and who Hawthorn have thought has down for a while.

That was one incident, but if you count Brown, there is taking Thurgood out with his arm guard, and also the Sewell incident. Surely this "sniping" thing hasn't come from no where.

I'd like to see examples of where Brown hasn't gone in hard at the contest, but just gone in to take people out who aren't watching in order to cause harm. He gets involved physically and puts his body on the line. Hardly "sniping" off players who aren't ready for it.

One of the most courageous player in the game, who gets angry and goes over the top sometimes.

Wrong.

Sniped Winderlich when being carried off by trainers. Convenient of you to ignore this. Thug, classless human being. Breaks 7-eleven windows.

Comparing him to Lloyd is an insult to a champion, great leader and role
model.

It's not hard to see mate, Campbell throws a heap of punches on Lloyd when he's on the ground, Lloyd gets up Brown walks off.

Hardly what we call "tough" now is it?

He doesn't have to smack Lloyd around the chops to be known as tough. Wouldn't be much of a scalp anyway.
Anyone who questions Campbell Brown's toughness needs to watch more footy. He goes when it's his turn. He even goes when it isn't, and that's what makes a player tough.

Okay, then he "gets up and walks off" as soon as Lloyd ducks out of being pinned, looking over his shoulder the whole time and still scurries along the ground quite hurredly. Mate, you can stop trying to spin what we can all see on film.

Was referring to the bitch slapping of Monfries when he was angry at Lloyd in round 22. Sorry if it seeed irrelevant, I just can't the clip out of my mind, was the funniest and most pathetic thing I have ever seen in AFL footy haha :thumbsu:

And liking the animal "hawk" doesn't associate me with the patheticly uncivilised rabble at HFC.

Lloyd's raising of his arms in that footage is a total nothing. Hitting a guy who is pinned to the ground, and then bolting when the fight becomes fair, is unlike anything Lloyd has ever done. I would call that a sniper, but ultimately I couldn't care less whether that fits your definition of a "sniper" it is absolutely pathetic and foes far beyond anything Lloyd has done.

He doesn't have to smack Lloyd around the chops to be known as tough. Wouldn't be much of a scalp anyway.
Anyone who questions Campbell Brown's toughness needs to watch more footy. He goes when it's his turn. He even goes when it isn't, and that's what makes a player tough.

He is definitely tough in that he's willing to beat people up and get publicly fired up. However, when a player is able to hit him back he isn't so willing to get violent. Maybe you would still call that tough, I guess that's where we differ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd was too worried about complaining to the umpire to do anything to Brown, so you're right in thinking Brown was silly in looking over his shoulder.
As if Lloyd would've followed up with anything.

I like your use of the words 'scurried' and 'quite hurredly'. Of course, they don't carry much weight in this occasion when you watch the video, but good on you for implementing them anyway.

I'd suggest you need to watch more football if you think Brown is one to back away from anything.

Maybe Brown just rightly recognises 'hollywood' as Lloyd's apprentice diver and thought he'd start on him before the hamstrung one retired. It makes sense.

Nah, You're a closet Hawk. Don't hide behind the animal now.
The most successful club in the last 50 years, with the most members, best facilities and $4million profits.
Hard not to be a fan, I guess.

Bugger me, you still sticking up for the little bitch slapper? It is clear as day in the video, Campbell hits when players are on the ground and walks away when they get up. He is the biggest fraud this game has had since Crawford says he doesn't smoke pole. I understand you like him because he wears your colours, but just get over the fact he is no longer a "tough" AFL player. If he was tough he would have managed more than one kick and one bitch slap in the second half of the finals play off in round 22.

He squibbed every contest after half time because NLM gave him a whack, it hurt so much he was still crying after the match.

Also, don't bring that 50 years bullshit in here, you joined in 1925, your entire history counts you can't just wipe it away because you were s**t for a quarter of a century. Most members, sure, I wish we had 1 game memberships we'd hit 100k (we also don't count our dogs) best facilities? says who? Jeff "The Truth" Kennett? please, yours are no better than Collingwoods, Essendons, West Coast, Adelaide hell even Melbourne have great facilities now.

Now please, give up, you cannot win as there is too much evidence proving CB to be a sniping bitch slapper and not much proof to show he isn't.

Campbell Brown loses his rag in Essendon games.
He's been involved in a couple of really dirty, dog acts against us (Winderlich says hi - and that one had to have been pre-meditated) that I haven't seen him do against other teams.
I'd still class him as tough though and I'm sure he wouldn't be proud of a few of the things he's been involved in.

We should start a new thread as it has gone way off subject...wasn't this about the ferret Clarkson? Seems to have turned into a CB bashing thread...which in essence is not such a bad thing...

We should start a new thread as it has gone way off subject...wasn't this about the ferret Clarkson? Seems to have turned into a CB bashing thread...which in essence is not such a bad thing...
Change the title to the "Have a general whinge about Hawthorn"

Personally I have much less of a problem with them now we can beat them.

Speaking of Campbell Brown backing down...

[youtube]l6yZ29dkLXo[/youtube]

Look at the little bitch from about 0:20-0:30. Neagle shoves him down to indicate his presence and Brown just walks away because face to face Neagle would beat the living s**t out of him. Also didn't want to be anywhere near Lloyd.

That's your tough man? What a complete fraud. Could you imagine Glen Archer walking away from that like a bitch?

After the loss I'm sure the scumbag consoled himself by breaking another 7eleven window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back