Other Teams
Liverpool
sos.bmp

Details
Height: 193cm
Weight: 93kg
DOB: 29/09/1987
Recruited From: Casey Scorpions
Club says: He's a key defender and a big strong boy, but he's also very athletic. He's been performing really well at our training and impressing with his versatility. He'll play as a defender, but he's also capable up forward as a leading target. We're hopeful that he can play as a key defender, but also offer some rebound once he develops in the system. He's a really competitive person and he's shown that in the last few weeks at the club. He shot up late and gained some height and size.

Vision

[youtube]NJVwToBZSpY[/youtube]

Interview on Mayne Minutes

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/230888

Does anyone think that with Marcus given the heave ho, Freo may start grooming him as a key back this coming year in the WAFL? We have plenty of small rebounding defenders, but an aging Key Backman lineup Taz/McPharlin/Grover (30-31)and the next age bracket isnt that far behind Johnson/Thornton/Dodd (26-28)

Best of luck to the kid. I watched him in our VFL side and was hoping we might pick him up, but we have a surplus of key defenders now so we didnt. He could become a decent AFL player IMO, as he always did more than enough in the VFL. He played FB at Casey and I cant remember him ever getting beaten. Always shut his man down very well.

Woops....a few hours too early.

Alex Silvagni has officially been upgraded.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/91035/default.aspx

It must have been a premonition - 3 hours early:eek:

I wish I had know a little earlier I had him in my S\C team and I had to change the structure when I thought he wasn't upgraded only to find out just after the Rich V Carl game had started. I had Nason as his replacement. I REALLY like the look of Silvagni. He'll be a bloody good defender, I'll get burn for this by some of my fellow WC supporters but in some ways I see more in him than Mackenzie!

Good solid debut from Silvagni I thought, looked composed when he was on the ball coming out of defence and did a good job on his man when I was paying attention. Should keep a spot for a while I would think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor game tonight, but he'll be right. He's been good for us down back this year and he definately want's it bad enough. Looking for an improved game by Snos next week.

I must have missed something? I thought considering the chaos going on down back, he did a solid job on Jack Anthony, who killed us last year.

His timing of spoils is fantastic which allows him to play on the bigger forwards but also still small enough to play on a smaller player.

Very well said. He's still only played a handful of senior games so he just has to find his feet again. He'll be fine.

Didn't see the game, only heard it, but certainly sounded like he may have had another couple of half hearted efforts at crucial times.

Can't see him keeping his spot against North, with Grover doing well.

Didn't see the game, only heard it, but certainly sounded like he may have had another couple of half hearted efforts at crucial times.

Can't see him keeping his spot against North, with Grover doing well.

I must have being watching another game ....I never saw any half hearted stuff

I didn't notice any half-hearted efforts either.

I thought he had a pretty good game defensively - particularly remember a couple of great spoils while blanketing his man at full pace on the lead.

I think I watch a different Silvagni to what most Freo fans seem to see.

I'm not convinced.

One on one he is a good defender.

But he is consistently slow to react and always seems to be working at a different pace to what is required at AFL level.

Grabs the ball and is like a deer in headlights. Doesn't give the impression he computes the game quick enough or has the instincts to know what to do when in congestion.

He started off looking very slick and composed but he has started to look a little out of sorts since his couple of injury breaks. Maybe his first AFL season is starting to take it's toll on him, mentally and physically?

One thing's for sure, he's a huge improvement on Dodd and he's going to very important to our structure next year with Grover (probably) gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back