All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite Copeland putting the reasons for his decision very well by God haven't the cretins come out to attack him. I was reading the Instagram comments as thought they were likely to be less unhinged than the types on Twitter but no they have not taken it well.

As someone who has watched most companies I just cannot understand those that defend a wrestling company like a religion, why just not enjoy different shows or ignore it? That being said I do get a chuckle out of some of the moronic takes both ways. The big one with this switch is the WWE zealots pushing that AEW is for washed up old blokes, which given what they often do for big ppv is hilarious.

What the company desperately needs a clear breakout star to drive business to the next level. Having six man matches on the undercard or not means nothing.

The biggest mistake AEW could make is to try to be too much like WWE. WWE has already conquered that part of the market. AEW needs to present itself as an alternative, not an imitator.

They don't need another breakout star at all, because - like you said they are a profitable company. They have a very large and healthy fan base now.

There's a lot of stuff they do I don't like, but there is a heap I do, and stuff that is different to WWE, hence why I watch it. AEW is already the alternative.

AEW is fine, AEW is healthy there is no need to change it from what it is. They don't need to be financially bigger than WWE, they just need be a healthy long term viable alternative to them. Fans and talent win.

Who could foresee that fans of a company that has pandered primarily to children the last 10+ years would have the mental capacity of children themselves

Hang on, let's ease up on the tribal stuff. I consider myself a lifelong WWE fan, I have ink that borrows from the star on Edge's WWE Rated R logo, and I couldn't be happier for him. The alternative was him likely retiring.

Mind numbing tribalism isn't held just by WWE fans.

They don't need another breakout star at all, because - like you said they are a profitable company. They have a very large and healthy fan base now.

There's a lot of stuff they do I don't like, but there is a heap I do, and stuff that is different to WWE, hence why I watch it. AEW is already the alternative.

AEW is fine, AEW is healthy there is no need to change it from what it is. They don't need to be financially bigger than WWE, they just need be a healthy long term viable alternative to them. Fans and talent win.

Hang on, let's ease up on the tribal stuff. I consider myself a lifelong WWE fan, I have ink that borrows from the star on Edge's WWE Rated R logo, and I couldn't be happier for him. The alternative was him likely retiring.

True. Although I do see a lot of AEW death riding which makes 0 sense to me.

I was refering to the people abusing him on social media or burning his merch, I coulda been a bit less general but the fact that you aren't either of those means I wasn't crapping on you/fans like you.

Another tidbit I hadn't seen mentioned was that the "You think you know him" is apparantly Beth Phoenix's voice so that makes it a bit more special, It sounded a bit awkward at first but I've already gotten used to it re-watching the debut a number of times

Very good week for wrestling. Feels like a lot of positive energy in both companies with solid shows the last few weeks and a great PPV.

BCG tied with Judgement Day for best group at the moment. Segment with MJF was really good.

Good to see Wardlow and Hobbs back as well. Best use of Wardlow too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t, they didn't even bleep it on Kayo.

Love Christian haha.

The Roddy stuff is cheesy and goofy and not the sorta stuff I'm into anymore, but Roddy plays it so genuine - it's hilarious. I almost hope they go a different route and have Roddy stable up with Cole and MJF.

muppetwiki-muppet-wiki.gif

Christian reminds me of Sam Eagle

Huge mark out moment with E&C in the ring together, then Fite cuts the feed before the hug. I go to investigate and end up having the incredibly unexpected and hilarious 'Go F yourself' spoilt.

Disappointing. But what a segment!

Thankfully they kept it in on Kayo

Huge mark out moment with E&C in the ring together, then Fite cuts the feed before the hug. I go to investigate and end up having the incredibly unexpected and hilarious 'Go F yourself' spoilt.

Disappointing. But what a segment!

Thankfully they kept it in on Kayo

Yeah Fite cuts at 2 hours by some kind of automated process, so if there's an overrun you're stuffed. Pretty annoying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back