Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2003
Drowning my sorrows on the end of some bar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, Green Bay
from http://www.footygoss.com/

The Port Adelaide Football Club is mourning the death of club champion Allan “Bull” Reval, who passed away on Sunday, aged 92.

Reval was best known for his tough approach at the ball. He played 187 matches across 14 years, and played in three premierships.

“We’re very sad to hear of the passing of Bull Reval. He is a legend of our club and a legend of football in South Australia. Our thoughts are with his family and close friends”, club Chief Executive John James said.

The players will wear black arm bands this Sunday against the Crows to pay tribute to Reval.

Allan “Bull” Reval history:

Born: March 29, 1913
Played: 1932-45
Games: 187, Goals 79
State games: 13, State goals: 5
Premierships: 1936, 1937, 1939
Best & Fairest: 1939
Captain: 1940, 1941
Coach: 1940, 1941
Life Member: 1944
Hall of Fame inductee: 1998
Named ruck rover in Port Adelaide’s greatest team 1870 - 2000

My gran went to Alberton Primary with Bull Reval. He apparently wasn't very good at school.

I had the pleasure of knowing "Bull" and having many discussions about footy
with him. Not only a champion player but a champion bloke who will be sadly missed. Condolences to his daughter Jan and her family.

RIP Bull. Champion of not only the PAFC but also SANFL in general. Enjoy the after life and have a beer for me with all the other champs of Port.

Empowered said:
I had the pleasure of knowing "Bull" and having many discussions about footy
with him. Not only a champion player but a champion bloke who will be sadly missed. Condolences to his daughter Jan and her family.

Agree, did some work around Allans house a few years ago, a nicer bloke you would'nt meet. The old time footy stories & gossip were brilliant. Missus made a good coffee as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back