Media An Audience With Okey - The Official Countdown to 1000 Goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Only one entry this week - I’ve gone from kicking 9.5 to having a one possession game. The life of a full forward hey?

THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXCERPT OF OKEYDOKE7’S AUTOBIOGRAPHY

ABUSE

“Ive been on the giving and receiving end of some pretty antagonistic arguments. I’ll never shy away from going toe to toe. But one thing I’ve always admired about this league is the ability for MOST not to take it too seriously. In fact, some of the great posters would be amongst the most antagonistic when they needed to be, but didn’t hold grudges. They’d be having a laugh with the ‘victim’ of the banter via PM or in another thread. It was fun.

Only once in my 26 season career has that been taken too far.

I was abused and threatened via personal message on this site by a prominent poster. That poster? Juggalo Balla.

Following what I considered to be a minor decision I made while league administrator, ‘Juggs’ messaged me privately with the most vile, off, swear word ridden, personal abuse. It contained threats directed at me the person, not me the poster. I reported his message (my first ever report) and he was promptly banned from the site temporarily.

Though he later apologised and claimed that he was drug addled when sending the message, it was an experience that reminded me why our rules are in place. Attack the poster, not the person. And everything, even the most antagonistic, should be in good fun. When it’s not - move on!”

Last edited:

Ahh an excerpt from Page 1756
Oh yes, this was well into my career.

See, this thread will take some twists and turns.

Some entries will be excerpts (in random order).

Some will be flashbacks to my greatest works.

Some will be new media and opinion pieces.

This thread will be full of twists and turns, but my goal tally will only be going up.

5 goals last week and leading the thread.

To celebrate the 5 goals, here are 5 okeydoke7 tidbits:

1) I have not posted my full CV at all this season

2) I debuted in Season 9, but have only won one premiership

3) My favourite seasons in this league were seasons 15-20. Absolute peak Sweet FA.

4) I have played for I think 8 clubs and had around 13 club changes overall (double ups at some clubs) but if I had to pick one club that would be my sentimental ‘home’ it would be my first club, the Mount Buller Demons

5) Headless is my number 1 ticket holder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True Crime Watch GIF by Dateline NBC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back